Epox nForce2 8RDA/8RDA+ - from low $100's on up, still kickin'

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zettler

Nov 16, 1999
Originally posted by: BlueWeasel
Originally posted by: zettler
Originally posted by: jacky72
in stock, $108 shipped

When I click on this link, I find that I am logged in as Stacy Rush, Whoever that is might want to fix the link.............................

U r suzh a hax0r :)

I Wish!

I was just worried that either the link they provided included their personal info (it had name, address, telephone, email, etc.) when I went to it and was available to anyone who went there. While it didn't contain the credit card info (darn), otherwise, "some" people might just get lucky and start receiving mucho free goods being delivered to their door!

I had my VISA hacked from a VISA processing center in December 2001 and wasn't told about it until April 2002 - nice people - and then had to go through heck to get it all fixed.

What burned me the most was how no one, no agency, and of course, no elected official would assist or look into it. Even the police in the city where I tracked the perp to said to forget it as the credit card company would take the loss. I had the perp's name, address, telephone number, signature, and the like of the A$%H$%E who did this, and the cop informed me that person already had three warrants out on them, and he would NOT even take or file a report!!!!!!!

Whew, I still get riled thinking about it.

EDIT: I also PM her/him and sent an email to their home address.

SpideyCU

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
It's because the link she provided also includes a session ID # - I'd PMed her yesteday, giving her the heads up.

Rush

Aug 21, 2000
That was my information showing up through that link. Funning thing is that it wasnt even my link. I just used to get to TWCO to place my order. I see now that the link shows other information other then mine. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Stacey Rush

KiDFuZioN

Mar 25, 2001
Can someone tell me how the 8RDA+ sign is printed on their motherboard. Is everyone's 8RDA+ sign silk screened on the motherboard or is there a sticker with the 8RDA+ sign on the motherboard. Mine has a sticker that has 8RDA+ printed on it and put on the motherboard. The reason I ask is because the 8RDA I had before had 8RDA printed right on the motherboard. Thanks

sterling

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
HI All

How is the directions that came with this board? Would you say this would be a ez install for a newbie?

thanks

SpideyCU

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
Depends how "newbish" I suppose. If you've never installed a motherboard before in your life, it might take you a little while. Installing it into your case might be a bit unusual if you've never done it, but as for connecting all your components and setting any necessary jumpers, the manual's got that covered fine IMHO.

SpideyCU

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
Newegg just dropped the price on the non-plus version to $88 with $5 shipping. A $40 price difference between these two boards, whereas everyone else has 'em for a $10 difference. NewEgg certainly is funny this way. They're playing supply and demand, big time.

Justus

Sep 21, 2000
Just a heads up for the lurkers. TCWO is out of stock on these boards, but a well respected (by me) CSR has indicated that they are getting another supply in a week or two. The website was recently refreshed to state limited stock (or some such), but if you want it NOW, don't cause yourself unnecessary pain.

TCWO has been good to me, so I'm waiting on my backorder from them. YMMV.

Dug

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2000
Just another warning about TCWO!!!!!!!
I ordered from them well before there was any mention of them being out of stock or having limited stock. 4 days later after ordering I get an email 1 minute before they closed telling me they were out of stock. So I had to wait until the next day to cancel the order

THEY TOOK MY MONEY OUT OF MY BANK FOR AN ITEM THEY DIDN"T HAVE>!!!!!!
AND TO THIS DAY THEY HAVEN"T CREDITED MY ACCOUNT BACK. that's a big no no in my book.

BUYER'S BEWARE

HoMeZ

Jan 20, 2003
Wow thanks BigJ2078 and AtifofVNRoundup for your quick responses and one last thing how do you think I would have to wait if I ordered from tcwo it says there is a queue? and If you have this motherboard what is the shortest ide cable length I can use for this mobo considering where the ide is placed.

RadioactiveMagpies

Jan 24, 2002
TCWO sent me an email saying there was something wrong with my order. When I called back, they said my credit card number was miskeyed and then said that in addition they were out of stock. I think they were taking orders without having any in stock and got flooded before they can change it. This board must really rock to have this big of a demand.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
TCWO sucks. It's stunning that in this day and age a company that deals with computers can't come up with real-time inventory tracking.

If you have trouble finding the 8RDA+, try to pick up an FIC AU11, they're exactly the same board except that the FIC doesn't have the diagnostic LED. Check out this thread. There also another board, an Enmic I think, that's also the same board, just with different badging. One company is supposedly making all the boards, but nobody can confirm if Epox is making them for FIC or, more likely, FIC is making them for Epox. Mwave has the AU11 in stock for about $105 delivered.

RadioactiveMagpies

Jan 24, 2002
If you have trouble finding the 8RDA+, try to pick up an FIC AU11, they're exactly the same board except that the FIC doesn't have the diagnostic LED

wow, i might stop by fry's to see if they have it in stock the FIC AU11 for $99.xx This really is a big shocker to me!
too bad tax here in TX is 8.25%, but it would be easier to return

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: HoMeZ
Wow thanks BigJ2078 and AtifofVNRoundup for your quick responses and one last thing how do you think I would have to wait if I ordered from tcwo it says there is a queue? and If you have this motherboard what is the shortest ide cable length I can use for this mobo considering where the ide is placed.

Probably a few weeks, can't say I know what's the shortest cable you can use, still waiting on my board.

HoMeZ

Jan 20, 2003
Hmmm extra $9 for the LED and EPOX sticker? or just get FIC AU11......
Does anyone know if aicmicro sends out 1.0 or 1.1?

Poochy

Jan 11, 2001
If you have this motherboard what is the shortest ide cable length I can use for this mobo considering where the ide is placed.

I suppose this would depends on where your drives are located, but for comparison purposes, a 4" cable would reach any of the drives that are located on the drive cage (bottom front of case) on the Lian-Li PC7x.

SpideyCU

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
TCWO sucks. It's stunning that in this day and age a company that deals with computers can't come up with real-time inventory tracking.

If you have trouble finding the 8RDA+, try to pick up an FIC AU11, they're exactly the same board except that the FIC doesn't have the diagnostic LED. Check out this thread. There also another board, an Enmic I think, that's also the same board, just with different badging. One company is supposedly making all the boards, but nobody can confirm if Epox is making them for FIC or, more likely, FIC is making them for Epox. Mwave has the AU11 in stock for about $105 delivered.
What makes you say that it's more likely that FIC, of all people, is making these boards for EPoX? I'm fairly certain it's the other way around - I read a tidbit indicating such, but I'm remiss to find it. Anyhow, as mechBgon mentioned, mwave dropped the prices on their 8RDA's a bit, it's down there with the lowest prices around now. There's a MASSIVE price premium with going with the EPoX...IF you're silly enough to order from a place like NewEgg. ;)

Edit: well, I know for certain that EPoX designed this board, but as for who's actually manufacturing it, it might actually be FIC. I mean, I imagine they'd leave the more straight-forward task for them. :D