Epox nForce2 8RDA/8RDA+ - from low $100's on up, still kickin'

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RadioactiveMagpies

Jan 24, 2002
my reason for picking a nvidia nforce2 over via kt400 are:

better driver and software support in the long run(no more 4 in 1!)
cooler running motherboard
dual channel memory 3-8% improvement
soundstorm(audigy level sound)

then the overlclocking + underclocking stuff:

higher fsb overclocking and more stability
locked pci and apg bus
unlocked tbreds multiplier <-might be able to on kt400 also?

Also, does anyone know if the epox board can do 5 X 133 = 665mhz or 5 x 166 = 830 mhz to run a fanless system?

gordita

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2001
I ordered the Epox board last friday for $122 + $5 shipping from newegg.
now, newegg is showing $104 + $5 shipping.

my Fedex tracking is showing that the board will be delivered to me in NY today!

is there anyway newegg will PM it's own price?

should I refuse shipment?

any help would be appreciated

Mac

Oct 31, 1999
is there anyway newegg will PM it's own price?
Very doubtful. I did get a price concession once because the price went up while I was actually completing the order. It was for a CPU, only $3 and didn't even realize it until a couple of days later when I was looking at the invoice to get a tracking number. When I called to complain, the CSR explained that prices change all the time, Newegg doesn't PM nor is there a price protection for any period after the purchase. However, given the special circumstances on the timing of my order, she issued a $3 credit to my CC.

You only recourse would be to refuse to accept the order but that doesn't seem fair to the retailer, either. Let's face it, you knew the price and felt it was fair at the time you ordered. That they should lower the price afterwards, well that's the way it works sometimes. How would you feel if after you purchased and it was in process/transit, they raised the price and notified you that they were going to cancel or recall the order unless you coughed up another $18? Most of us would cry "Unfair"...is this any different?

Parja

Dec 20, 2000
Originally posted by: RadioactiveMagpies
my reason for picking a nvidia nforce2 over via kt400 are:

cooler running motherboard

Not so sure on that. The north bridge and voltage regulators on this board get toasty hot.

Also, does anyone know if the epox board can do 5 X 133 = 665mhz or 5 x 166 = 830 mhz to run a fanless system?

Yep, as long as your CPU is unlocked, you can go down to 5X in the BIOS and can run any FSB your heart desires.

UCDznutz

Banned
May 11, 2002
as soon as the plus version drops below $100 at newegg i'm grabbing this. think it'll happen with the release of the 8rga?

zimtekDeals

Jul 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Parja
Originally posted by: RadioactiveMagpies

Yep, as long as your CPU is unlocked, you can go down to 5X in the BIOS and can run any FSB your heart desires.

with the most recent bios I was able to set my multiplier down to 3x.

I ended up with 9 X 200 stable with almost defualt voltages on an XP 1700+ B. Running Corsair XMS PC3200 and a Vantec fan.

I got it up to 2 GHz but didn't want to push my Temperatures really high by uping the voltage to were it needed to be! My variable speed fan started to get to loud :)

EDIT: No idea what I did to screw up the quotes that bad! ohhhh, well.

SpideyCU

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
Funny how every other place hasn't really budged on their price since I last did the update, but NewEgg's jumping around. Quaint. They're funny that way!