EPIC FAILURE - Mitt can't distance himself from Ryan/Akin war on women.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dali71

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003
Ahh, how we've missed Harvey's craziness. Here's looking forward to the good times ahead after Romney is elected. :D

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Either your vocabulary is tragically limited, or, like Romney and Ryan, you're lying divert attention from the truth. Women's reproductive rights encompass far more than just a woman's right to determine whether and when she can terminate a pregnancy. It includes the right to obtain contraceptive products to prevent pregnancy and even basic gynecological health care. Under the tyranical "personhood" bills Republicans have attempted to pass in many states, it would also determine the right to in vitro fertilization.

(1) There have been no attempts to make contraceptives illegal
(2) There have been no attempts to make gynecological health care illegal
(3) "pershonhood" bills only would affect in vitro fertilization in liberal fantasies. Find me one conservative source that says they would ban in vitro fertilization.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ahh, how we've missed Harvey's craziness. Here's looking forward to the good times ahead after Romney is elected. :D

If you're going to call me "crazy," either step up and prove me wrong, or STFU, little boy. :colbert:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I can't take you seriously because your Avatar is that of a clown. You yourself have said as much - that you should not be taken seriously. You have rendered yourself impotent. C'est la vie.

No, you have rendered yourself impotent and see it in me. You live in illusion and I see reality. I freely admit I am impotent to show you that, but, and this of course is another of those buts you can't see, I am impotent because you love not being able to see. You took the shitty end of the stick because you live in an altered reality where shit has the look and feel of gold. You, my friend, speaking of French, are Pepe Le Pew. Your long nightmare of delusion, however, I think can end, if you have nobody to struggle against and find the kindness of folk like me who have a fondness for all kinds of animals.

Remember that we are commanded by God, the ones conservatives hold in high esteem, not to poke people in the eye. I know, however, that's easy to do because you don't see me as human. You should know from your own experience it hard to treat people intent on being jerks with civility. That is why, if it were up to me, I would enforce it. I am, day by day, perhaps from constant exposure to terror, becoming more conservative in my views.

I am beginning to feel like you should be treated as if you were a Christian yourself. But then I am still mostly liberal and I know I will have to stick my hand out, the one that didn't take the shitty end of the stick, and take yours, the one that did.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

me to.

oh wait..Romney won't get elected! oh and not because of this or how much money he makes a year. neither of wich i think many give a fuck about.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
EPIC FAILURE

Is also assigned to you, Harvey. Will you do us a favor and copy paste the atrocities of the Bush administration and then go line by line and see how many Obama continued/expanded. You won't because you play partisan politics. I'll never understand the mentality of people who blame one side for horrible things but when its from their team its "Oh but they did it too!"

No matter how scathing this is. I still love you Harvey :biggrin::wub:

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
EPIC FAILURE

Is also assigned to you, Harvey. Will you do us a favor and copy paste the atrocities of the Bush administration and then go line by line and see how many Obama continued/expanded. You won't because you play partisan politics. I'll never understand the mentality of people who blame one side for horrible things but when its from their team its "Oh but they did it too!"

lol

i have posted a few things Obama continued and guess who is absent in them...lol

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
A bit reading challenged are you, EK? :confused:

Romney's faux renunciation is just one more flip flop, just as he has flipped on every other issue he has ever addressed. Both the Telegraph and Faux articles quote Willkie:

That means the one "smearing" Romney with "innuendo" would be... wait for it... MITT ROMNEY! :whiste:

Not to interrupt the dumbacrat versus replirat circle jerk but could you please show evidence on the stuff they did not agree upon, since by your own article they don't agree on everything.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
EPIC FAILURE

Is also assigned to you, Harvey.

Oh, really? Why don't you prove me wrong, and I might consider that you may ever have posted one word of truth, anywhere at any time.

Will you do us a favor and copy paste the atrocities of the Bush administration and then go line by line and see how many Obama continued/expanded. You won't because you play partisan politics. I'll never understand the mentality of people who blame one side for horrible things but when its from their team its "Oh but they did it too!"

Great! You CAN'T disprove my statement that Romney is lying about his association with wingnut Dr. John Wilke, or that he hasn't pandered to wingnut Republican lifers so the best you can do is attempt to derail THIS thread to divert attention from THIS issue regarding THIS election.

Been studying Karl Rove again, have you? :rolleyes:

Even stranger, with all the time you've had, and with all of my posts about the Bushwhackos' many heinous crimes against the United States of America and its citizens readily available for you to find on the forums, you STILL haven't been able disprove ANY of them.

Maybe it's time you just admitted I was right about those charges, as well. :|

You're still the same typical wingnut liar, and love would not be what comes to mind if I were to waste any time thinking about you.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Either your vocabulary is tragically limited, or, like Romney and Ryan, you're lying divert attention from the truth. Women's reproductive rights encompass far more than just a woman's right to determine whether and when she can terminate a pregnancy. It includes the right to obtain contraceptive products to prevent pregnancy and even basic gynecological health care. Under the tyranical "personhood" bills Republicans have attempted to pass in many states, it would also determine the right to in vitro fertilization.

Ryan and Akin co-sponsored several bills in Congress that would impose the same exact terms in Federal law, and these onorous conditions are written into the official Republican Party platform.

If Romney thinks he can now stepback and "renounce" that platform, it's just one more example of him painting himself as the same flip flopping, lying hypocrite he is, now, and always has been. :rolleyes:

It really amuses me to see both sides use this absurdly effective tactic of getting both of their "troops" to fight tooth and nail over an issue that is basically irrelevant. The Supreme Court has spoken, there is very little that Congress could do and a fuckton less that could actually get passed. But hey, keep up the good non-relevant work that your team has manipulated you into doing. I am sure that they truly appreciate it. It keeps the real issues, you know the ones that something can actually be done about but neither side actually wants to do, out of the spotlight.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Not to interrupt the dumbacrat versus replirat circle jerk but could you please show evidence on the stuff they did not agree upon, since by your own article they don't agree on everything.

I'm not going to waste the time. If you want to prove me wrong, you're welcome to go ahead and try. :p

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Even stranger, with all the time you've had, and with all of my posts about the Bushwhackos' many heinous crimes against the United States of America and its citizens readily available for you to find on the forums, you STILL haven't been able disprove ANY of them.

I agree like Gitmo bay! fuck him eh? that place was shit!

....right

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Harvey's back with a new schtick...Republicans hate women! Too funny.

Wingnuts never tire of the same tired, pathetic "schtick" -- Attack those who speak the truth and lie, distract and divert attention from from the issue.

I'll tell you the same thing I said to that other laughing fool, a777pilot -- The vast majority of the ~50% of the population whose standard equipment includes a vagina aren't laughing. :mad:

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
First sentence of your link

Reproductive rights is code for abortion rights. So saying that the "war on women" is code for "war on abortion" would seem to be pretty accurate.

False. There's still a lot of raving on the Right wrt "free contraceptives for Sluts!" & "Men forced to pay for women's healthcare!" Waaahhh!

You've engaged in some of it yourself, iirc...

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
nehalem256

"(1) There have been no attempts to make contraceptives illegal'

Agreed! Aou could own them, even play tiddly winks with them. But couldn't take most of them and kill a "person". Not sure what game you could play with IUDs, but you couldn't use them for birth control either.

"(2) There have been no attempts to make gynecological health care illegal"

Therapeutic use of many birth control methods and even abortion would be denied under "personhood".

"(3) "pershonhood" bills only would affect in vitro fertilization in liberal fantasies. Find me one conservative source that says they would ban in vitro fertilization"

No conservative source needed, scientific sources verify the effect. Conservatives are actually afraid to publicly acknowledge this collateral damage. It is not the thrust of the bills, but a result none-the-less.

Do you forget "equal pay" as a battleground against women?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It really amuses me to see both sides use this absurdly effective tactic of getting both of their "troops" to fight tooth and nail over an issue that is basically irrelevant. The Supreme Court has spoken, there is very little that Congress could do and a fuckton less that could actually get passed. But hey, keep up the good non-relevant work that your team has manipulated you into doing. I am sure that they truly appreciate it. It keeps the real issues, you know the ones that something can actually be done about but neither side actually wants to do, out of the spotlight.

As we've seen, both the law & the composition of the SCOTUS are fluid. If nothing else, The future court will likely be altered over the next 4 years, so the choice for president today is quite relevant to the future of women's rights.

None of it is written in stone.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
If one expected that conservatives had a choice about their alter reality based beliefs, one could justify being angry at them, but science has uncovered the fact that conservatives have different brains than liberals that make them how they are and make liberals how they are. But instead of a desire to find a bridge to cross these gaps, we choose to be enraged. And that makes everybody more certain that he is right. So our rage, instead of making things better makes things worse.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
False. There's still a lot of raving on the Right wrt "free contraceptives for Sluts!" & "Men forced to pay for women's healthcare!" Waaahhh!

You've engaged in some of it yourself, iirc...

So expecting women to take care of themselves is a "war on women" o_O

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
nehalem256

"(2) There have been no attempts to make gynecological health care illegal"

Therapeutic use of many birth control methods and even abortion would be denied under "personhood".

That is liberal interpretation. And the whole point of personhood is to make abortion illegal.

"(3) "pershonhood" bills only would affect in vitro fertilization in liberal fantasies. Find me one conservative source that says they would ban in vitro fertilization"

No conservative source needed, scientific sources verify the effect. Conservatives are actually afraid to publicly acknowledge this collateral damage. It is not the thrust of the bills, but a result none-the-less.

No. It is plan liberal propaganda. You are probably one of those people that believes and "up to 80% off sale" means everything is 80% off.

Do you forget "equal pay" as a battleground against women?

Maybe because there is no nationwide conspiracy to pay men 30% more for the same work. Do you think corporations hate women more than they love money :rolleyes:

But dont take my words for it being BS

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/14/us/14iht-letter14.html
And a study shows that in most U.S. cities, single, childless women under 30 are making an average of 8 percent more money than their male counterparts, with Atlanta and Miami in the lead at 20 percent.

If companies really discriminated against women that would be impossible.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
The hipocricy is off the scale here. Romney met with Dr Willke one time and never even brought up rape in any interview yet we are supposed to assume they agree on what Akin said about how a womans body shuts down after rape. I am sure during the one interview they discussed every opinion Dr Willke had. Obama on the other went to the Church of Rev Wright for decades who also officiated at their wedding ceremony, launched his political career in the livingroom of a known terrorist Bill Ayers, but doesn't share any of the same views as them.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
nehalem256

Do you even know how birth control works? Most methods either prevent a fertilized egg (person) from implanting and allowing it to die off, or kill it outright.

I think your ignorance is showing.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Oh, really? Why don't you prove me wrong, and I might consider that you may ever have posted one word of truth, anywhere at any time.

Great! You CAN'T disprove my statement that Romney is lying about his association with wingnut Dr. John Wilke, or that he hasn't pandered to wingnut Republican lifers so the best you can do is attempt to derail THIS thread to divert attention from THIS issue regarding THIS election.

Been studying Karl Rove again, have you? :rolleyes:

Maybe it's time you just admitted I was right about those charges, as well. :|

You're still the same typical wingnut liar, and love would not be what comes to mind if I were to waste any time thinking about you.

You have a bad memory or are suffering from Alzheimers. Not only did I agree with your "criminal cabal" statements back then but I still do and also think Romney is no better than Obama. Where does that leave your partisan hackery nutjob wackadoo bullshit now? Are you calling Obama out on the same shit Bush did? No? I rest my case.

Apparently I had fonder memories of you back when but shit, it is a forum, and you are nothing but a left wing blowhard only concerned about which team wins. Highschool girl with pom poms. lol