• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

epg issue in wmc

nellieboy

Dec 3, 2012
hi whilst trying to order the blackgold BGT3600 on blackgolds website i came across a notice posted on support about problems with the epg in media centre. it would appear that microsoft have not renewed the license since it expired on 1/1/2013.this applies to europe and i wonder if it also applies worldwide.this is a very big omission in my opinion as it was one of media centres main attractions given the non availability of free epg,s in the uk atleast.if this turns out to be true it just shows microsoft no longer cares about wmc unless they are waiting to see response of sales after jan 31st when you have to start paying for wmc.here,s the link http://shop.blackgold.tv/epages/BT3159.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3159/Categories/Support

Sep 12, 2004
hi whilst trying to order the blackgold BGT3600 on blackgolds website i came across a notice posted on support about problems with the epg in media centre. it would appear that microsoft have not renewed the license since it expired on 1/1/2013.this applies to europe and i wonder if it also applies worldwide.this is a very big omission in my opinion as it was one of media centres main attractions given the non availability of free epg,s in the uk atleast.if this turns out to be true it just shows microsoft no longer cares about wmc unless they are waiting to see response of sales after jan 31st when you have to start paying for wmc.here,s the link http://shop.blackgold.tv/epages/BT3159.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3159/Categories/Support
There was a discussion on AVS Forums about the issue and it is old news now. Apparently it was just a server problem and it has been remedied. Despite opinions to the contrary, MS is not trying to screw anyone over regarding WMC.

nellieboy

Dec 3, 2012
Tasteslikechicken. ok thanks for that im relieved now.might be old news here but that was the first id heard of it.i wasnt implying microsoft were screwing anyone over but without the epg in the uk i would have had to think about alternatives.typical blackgold not following up

ASK THE COMMUNITY