Entire Russian Government to resign.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Interesting. Good to see some issues sparking up in these countries.

dude, this is the kind of vague comment that only spambots post. :D

Edit:

actually: "Interesting." When has s0me0nesmind ever found anything "interesting?" ..especially without the below:
There is no "half-a-brain" or calling "[just about anyone] giant morons for [doing/claiming x]" in this post. The comment is just pablum--but very intentional pablum. Not angrily yelling pablum, but the default use of pablum--like an AI is trying to convince us that it's real.

....has this account been hacked today?

Last edited:

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
If this is true then I’d imagine it’s so trump can evade what’s coming to him after he loses the election.
OR, it's because Puti already knows the outcome of the election, and is inviting Trump to give his marching orders for his 2nd term :D

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Putin is facing some considerable and increasing domestic discontent. I assume he's moving to retrench his power.

I don't think the protest movement there is large enough or significant enough to be a genuine threat to Putin's power. As another poster pointed out, what Putin is doing here is manipulating laws to allow his continued dominance of the Russian state.

I honestly think the bulk of the Russian people don't have any taste for democracy. If they did, they'd have one by now. There entire experience with it was about 10 years in the 1990's, during which they had some corruption which is common in any fledgling democracy. Instead of fixing the corruption, they opted for the solution of Germany in 1931 - they brought in the "strong man." I think they're getting the "government" they deserve.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I don't think the protest movement there is large enough or significant enough to be a genuine threat to Putin's power. As another poster pointed out, what Putin is doing here is manipulating laws to allow his continued dominance of the Russian state.

I honestly think the bulk of the Russian people don't have any taste for democracy. If they did, they'd have one by now. There entire experience with it was about 10 years in the 1990's, during which they had some corruption which is common in any fledgling democracy. Instead of fixing the corruption, they opted for the solution of Germany in 1931 - they brought in the "strong man." I think they're getting the "government" they deserve.

I wasn't suggesting a lurch into democracy. They could decide to change out the strongman however.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I wasn't suggesting a lurch into democracy. They could decide to change out the strongman however.

Which would more likely come by way of a coup than a protest movement. That's pretty much the only way Putin will ever be removed.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
There's some weird term limit stuff going on that causes Putin to switch from being President to Prime Minister and back from time to time.

9 August 1999 – 7 May 2000 – Prime Minister
7 May 2000 – 7 May 2008 – President
7 May 2008 – 7 May 2012 – Prime Minister
7 May 2012 - Present – President

Tandemocracy

Makes you wonder why Putin is going through all these motions? He should just have the Russian Constitution rewritten so it allows the President to run for unlimited consecutive terms. That would actually be less blatant than these maneuvers he pulls every time his term in office nears an end.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Which would more likely come by way of a coup than a protest movement. That's pretty much the only way Putin will ever be removed.

If his stature declines because people are unhappy that creates an opening for somebody to exploit. Lots of people fall out of windows in Moscow.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
There's some weird term limit stuff going on that causes Putin to switch from being President to Prime Minister and back from time to time.

Tandemocracy

Makes you wonder why Putin is going through all these motions? He should just have the Russian Constitution rewritten so it allows the President to run for unlimited consecutive terms. That would actually be less blatant than these maneuvers he pulls every time his term in office nears an end.
This is done on purpose. Same as Strongman Trump and Co.'s blatant lying.

It's gaslighting. You do something right in front of someone, and tell them that you aren't.

It's a form of abuse, and powerful scumfucks love to use it as a weapon.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
If his stature declines because people are unhappy that creates an opening for somebody to exploit. Lots of people fall out of windows in Moscow.

Possibly, but my point is that I think the bulk of the Russian people are at best complacent about Putin. They are probably buying into his propaganda channeled through their state run media. And it may be a cultural thing - they just like their dictators there. It's all they've ever had, and all they seem to know.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Could Trump do this as well and rule us plepes for life? :confused::confused::confused:
How? It's practically impossible in the USA. I don't think there's a loophole in the constitution to allow for it. I haven't read it but if there were one we'd know by now. FDR had more than 2 consecutive terms. Nobody can do that now and the amendment probably states that you can serve 2 terms and no more, period. There's no position in the USA with anywhere near the power of the POTUS. The SOB will be gone, either Jan. 20, 2021 or Jan. 20, 2025.

If you think they are going to pass an amendment to allow Trump to serve more than 2 terms you really are crazy.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Would not surprise me if Putin starts feeling the ground give way now. But I'm not knowledgeable about Russian politics so maybe what they're saying is true, that he's actually consolidating power now. Seems weird, seems crazy that everybody in his government resigning at the same time means he's getting more powerful. Russia really is the shits.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I feel sorry for the Russian people, for good or bad the Russians are just like Americans but with whiter skin and funny accents.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I feel sorry for the Russian people, for good or bad the Russians are just like Americans but with whiter skin and funny accents.
Goddamn big place and gets really cold is my impression. America is much more multi-dimensional, inter-racial, the world's melting pot, more than any other place at least with scale. Where I live this is super accentuated. Lots of places in America it's not much that way and in fact people in a lot of places are fighting against integration forces. It's part of what makes America a confusing place. The eddies run if multifarious directions simultaneously. That sounds almost profound, doesn't it? :)

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2013
Goddamn big place and gets really cold is my impression. America is much more multi-dimensional, inter-racial, the world's melting pot, more than any other place at least with scale. Where I live this is super accentuated. Lots of places in America it's not much that way and in fact people in a lot of places are fighting against integration forces. It's part of what makes America a confusing place. The eddies run if multifarious directions simultaneously. That sounds almost profound, doesn't it? :)

not really, more mid-range

1579161790732.jpeg

Reactions: Meghan54

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Tandemocracy

Only one reason I can think of... its a one term Kingship, whomever follows will have to follow the rules.(when he retires for good that is)

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Putin is facing some considerable and increasing domestic discontent. I assume he's moving to retrench his power.

The one time that things got a bit dicey for him were the protests in 2011-12. These were massive in comparison with upwards of 50,000 people at a single protest event.

Putin essentially blamed SoS Hillary Clinton for them, which I always thought was his initial reason wanting to help Trump in 2016. As it turned out he got a useful idiot out of it as well.
Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said that Hillary Clinton "set the tone for some opposition activists" to act "in accordance with a well-known scenario and in their own mercenary political interests...

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The one time that things got a bit dicey for him were the protests in 2011-12. These were massive in comparison with upwards of 50,000 people at a single protest event.

Putin essentially blamed SoS Hillary Clinton for them, which I always thought was his initial reason wanting to help Trump in 2016. As it turned out he got a useful idiot out of it as well.

This is why Putin hates Hilary

It's why he's actually terrified of her. He knows she's effective, and he knows that she grabbed him by the balls and twisted. A Hilary admin would have relegated him to be a short-legged thuggish bitchass with no influence on the world stage, and he knew it