English, mother-f, do you speak it? SL Jackson on Obama's problem with G's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
If you're like me and think the president should not speak like an idiot, deliberately dumbing down his speech when "talkin' to regular folk", you'll probably appreciate what Samuel L. Jackson has to say about it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...k-Obama-accused-president-dumbing-speech.html

'Be a leader. Be f*cking presidential. Look, I grew up in a society where I could say “It ain’t” or “What it be” to my friends. 'But when I’m out presenting myself to the world as me, who graduated from college, who had family who cared about me, who has a well-read background, I f*cking conjugate'.

This isn't new, of course, others have spoken of the same thing: http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2011/09/25/why-does-obama-discriminate-against-the-letter-g/

Bush had no excuse for his slip-ups other than his burned out coke brain, but Obama does it deliberately.

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
Bush had no excuse for his slip-ups other than his burned out coke brain, but Obama does it deliberately.
Search for videos of Bush while he was governor. He was very well spoken. This bullshit of "I'm a good ol boy from Texas" is a huge lie. He's from connecticut, his dad was the director of the CIA then later became the leader of the country, he went to Yale, and he's generally thought to be a charismatic person. He's either the greatest actor of all time or he was hit very hard by neurodegeneration.

Obama's acting isn't quite as good. Bush really came across as a bumbling idiot. Obama comes across as an extremely intelligent person who enjoys lying and social manipulation. The country would be better off with Joe Biden running the show. I like Biden because he seems like a genuine person. When he says crazy stuff about killing truders by shooting his shotgun through the door (which is illegal), I think he's serious. When Obama talks to the NAACP about beating random kids, I just think he's lying.

Bush goes in the same category as Daniel Day Lewis - he loses himself in the role, he becomes that character, and he never breaks character. Obama is more like Nicolas Cage.

I googled "nicolas cage as nicolas cage" and found this image:
Michael+Blohm-Nic+Cage+as+Tina+Fey.jpg

Last edited:

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Heh. The only reason SLJ can get away with common sense is that he's super-high profile enough to be practically untouchable.

Some minor black celebrity speaking the truth about anything to do with Dear Leader? They'd be drummed straight out of Hollywood.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Search for videos of Bush while he was governor. He was very well spoken. This bullshit of "I'm a good ol boy from Texas" is a huge lie. He's from connecticut, his dad was the director of the CIA then later became the leader of the country, he went to Yale, and he's generally thought to be a charismatic person. He's either the greatest actor of all time or he was hit very hard by neurodegeneration.

Obama's acting isn't quite as good. Bush really came across as a bumbling idiot. Obama comes across as an extremely intelligent person who enjoys lying and social manipulation. The country would be better off with Joe Biden running the show. I like Biden because he seems like a genuine person. When he says crazy stuff about killing truders by shooting his shotgun through the door (which is illegal), I think he's serious. When Obama talks to the NAACP about beating random kids, I just think he's lying.

Bush goes in the same category as Daniel Day Lewis - he loses himself in the role, he becomes that character, and he never breaks character. Obama is more like Nicolas Cage.

I googled "nicolas cage as nicolas cage" and found this image:
Michael+Blohm-Nic+Cage+as+Tina+Fey.jpg
This post was pretty much superb.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
When Obama tries to sound like just plain folks it just pisses everybody off. He's a legal scholar and should talk like one. Ever listen to a recording of FDR's fireside chats? He never attempted to dumb down his volcabulary yet connected with his audience just fine. People expect the President to be smart and well-spoken.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
If you're like me and think the president should not speak like an idiot, deliberately dumbing down his speech when "talkin' to regular folk", you'll probably appreciate what Samuel L. Jackson has to say about it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...k-Obama-accused-president-dumbing-speech.html

This isn't new, of course, others have spoken of the same thing: http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2011/09/25/why-does-obama-discriminate-against-the-letter-g/

Droppin' Gs is akin to the "You betcha!" appeal to the common folk voiced ad nauseum by Ms Road-to-Nowhere in earlier days.

We live in a lowest-common-denominator society, and the first rule of politics circa 2013 seems to be that - one way or t'other - ya gotta win over the brain dead among us, since they're the sheep that can most easily be swayed by BS.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
Obama is just a figurehead/clown, he does his best to appease every group of people under the Sun since thats his job. Giving Obongo a bigger role than that would just confuse him. The real job of the President is done by others behind the scenes, its why Obama acts just like GWB when it comes to foreign affairs despite claiming he would do everything different and transparently [bomb Libya? Check. Attempt to illegally bomb Syria? Check. Coverups galore? Check. Spying on his fellow Citizens? Check.]

88keys

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2012
It's kinda like how presidential candidate Obama acted differently than President Obama.

He's man of many faces.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
This post was pretty much superb.

It was an amusing post but not very accurate. I've watched some of Bush's earlier statements when governor and he came across as an idiot then as well. I think he's a dolt.

I agree with your OP though - Obama is doing it deliberately. It's cheap populism and I don't particularly care for it either. Then again, he comes across as quite intelligent most of the time. He just drops the g's and says "folks." Genuine idiocy is a lot worse than just modifying dialect slightly to gain a broader appeal. Actual idiocy affects your ability to do the job.

Last edited:

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
We need to start demanding that government forms be provided in Ebonics. They come in English and Spanish, so why not Ebonics? Even the president uses Ebonics!

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
It was an amusing post but not very accurate. I've watched some of Bush's earlier statements when governor and he came across as an idiot then as well. I think he's a dolt.

I agree with your OP though - Obama is doing it deliberately. It's cheap populism and I don't particularly care for it either. Then again, he comes across as quite intelligent most of the time. He just drops the g's and says "folks." Genuine idiocy is a lot worse than just modifying dialect slightly to gain a broader appeal. Actual idiocy affects your ability to do the job.
Just to be clear, the quite intelligent President is the one who thanked himself for inviting himself to the White House to meet himself because that's what the Teleprompter told him to say, whereas the dolt is the one who can actually pronounce "Corpsman". ;)

EDIT: I think we're all missing the important thing in this thread - that Samuel L. Jackson absolutely rocks. His performance in "The Long Kiss Goodnight" alone should have carried him to the White House. Instead we've got a state senator back bencher following a mediocre frat boy who skated on his father's connections and money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.