Enermax XXXP-VE models - how are they different???

espressokid

Oct 26, 2001
ok, i'm looking at getting an enermax psu but i can't figure out what the differences are between all of the VE models. some are FC, FCA, FMA, etc. i understand this has to do with adjusting the fans - but how? Does this apply to both fans, or just one of them? If they are adjustable - how do you adjust the speeds? sorry if these seem like dumb questions, but enermax's website isn't much help - neither is their tech support. thanks a lot for any input!!!!

espressokid

Workin'

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
Only the "bottom" fan is thermally controlled on models that have that feature. The user has no control over the speed, there is a thermal diode that measures the temerature inside the case and adjusts the fan speed accordingly.

BTW, I have an Enermax 465 "whisper" PSU w/ the thermally controlled fan and it is a very nice piece, well worth the premium price in my opinion.

Rellik

Apr 24, 2000
The newer models feature an active PFC rather then passive. And the new 350 and 433(yes 433) models are adjustable by dial on the back of the psu. They are in black witch would be reason alone to get them , at least IMHO...