Enermax Whisper vs. Silencer 275W

cwand

Banned
Jun 26, 2000
Has anyone compared these two PSU's? My noisy system is due to my non-Whisper Enermax 431W supply. I don't need this much power and was looking for something really quiet. Which one of these is the quietest?

ericd

Oct 8, 2000
I think the silencer may edge out the enermax by a small margin but especially with a 15K rpm SCSI drive and as many peripherials as you have I would go any lower that 300W....in fact I'd probably go for at least 350-400.

Eric

GiZzO

Golden Member
Nov 6, 1999
You know the Silencer 235 is even quieter, too quiet i was playing with it late at night a couple days back to test some fans had the PS wired so it could turn on without MB and to tell it was on i had to look in the back if the fan blades where moving, even with you ear up close to it can't hear it. My Silencer 275 tho is noticably louder then it but still very quiet, ya know makes me wonder why did they put a louder fan in the 275 probably needed a more powerful fan too cool it down? Yet i see ppl taking out the fans in there PS and putting it a fan that blow half of what the orginal one in there did. sizzle sizzle sizzle!

Anyways im off track :p As i've heard the Enermax Whisper isn't as quiet as the 275 Silencer...but quieter then the Silencer 400? As for quality PCP&C has been around for ages, even tho its been said there other powersupplys are marked up Sparkle PS, there Silencers i beleive are not, quality of PCP&C is probably better but your paying big for it. Enermax has alot of nice stuff like gold plated connectors, dual fans (big plus), and wrapped up ATX power connector.