Enermax power supply refusing to... well... supply power

Creig

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have an Enermax EG365P-VE 350w power supply that has served me faithfully for a few years now, but has suddenly decided to go on strike and totally refuses to function. I have a simple ATX power supply tester and when I turn on the Enermax all the voltage status LEDs show up as green (which is good) but then turn off half a second later (which is bad). The +12V led will stay lit for a few seconds afterwards but then will fade out to nothing.

I checked the internal fuse and it's fine. The fans give one brief twitch when the power supply is turned on, but that's all. It's not the end of the world if I have to pitch it, but I would rather salvage it if possible.

Any tips/links/suggestions would be appreciated.

GalvanizedYankee

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2003
I'm paranoid :D Did you test the tester on a known good PSU ? ;)

That is why I suggested the old fashioned way of powering up the PSU.

A replacement 350 watter would be inexpensive anyway.

...Galvanized

Creig

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I checked the caps and they all appeared good. I have used this tester on other power supplies. It did detect a bad PS on a friend's computer that had died, so I assume it works fine.

I looked over the ATX power supply portion of the link you posted Yankee (thank you), and I think I have to agree with you. It's probably just not worth attempting to repair it when a good quality 400w Forton Source can be picked up for $40 these days anyhow.

Oh well, RIP PS.
rose.gif