Ending SPOILERS to HL2 EP2 and Portal

msi1337

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
I just finished Portal and EP2 tonight. Let me start and say that I have been a half life fan since day one, and EP2 for me was the best yet. The characters were so well played and the new enemies were a nice challenge from the norm. Near the end with the onslaught of striders it was nice to have a challenge and actually took me a little while to save the base. The ending where **someone** dies was tragic, and this is truly where the acting stood out for me. It was just like watching your favorite movie. The only negative I have to say is that I wish it had lasted longer. I took my time playing EP2 and ending up logging about 6 and a half hours of gameplay.

Portal was an incredible experience as well. If not for just the uniqueness in the ideas, but for the ability to think outside the box a little. The ending was wayyyy too drawn out compared to levels 1-18, and the final boss was extremely easy. The song at the end was worth the whole experience. Thanks for all those who helped me when I got stuck on Level 18. I nearly got sick at the end of 18, like when I played Prey.

so, whats everyone else's take on these two games?

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
take out the Half Life 2 spoiler man...lets just turn this into a game discussion. I know dozens of people like me who haven't finished the game are gonna read this thread, and be upset at the spoiler...I certainly was. This thread is going to be read by everyone playing the games...It's human nature. Let's just talk about the games without spoiling the story.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
So its human nature to be idiots? He posted "spoiler" all over the title and summary and even specified the type of spoiler. Start your own thread if you don't want spoilers.

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
way to damn short...next! but one of the games that's given me lots of fun for a long while! what is valve doing after it? anyone know?