Ender's Game has so many freakin sequels.. TELL ME THE CORRECT ORDER TO READ!

LOLyourFace

Banned
Jun 1, 2002
I just finished Ender's Game and am onto Ender's Shadow. (which isn't exactly a sequel but a parallax.)

Now I understand that after Ender's Game, there are two paths of sequels focusing on two main characters: Ender and Bean. Now tell me in which order I should read:

Ender
Ender's Game
Speaker for the Dead
Xenocide
Children of the Mind

Bean
Ender's Shadow
Shadow of the Hegemon
and more..?

Is this the correct sequence and am I missing any other titles?

For the illterates out there, I have already finished Ender's Game and surfaced Ender's Shadow only for a bit...

Should I.....
1. Finish Ender's quartet completely THEN read Bean's series?
2. Continue reading Ender's Shadow, THEN finish Ender's 3 remainders, THEN finish rest of Bean's?
3. Continue reading Ender's Shadow, finish the Bean's saga completely THEN go back to Enders?
4. Read in the chronological order the books were published (which should be similiar/same to 1.)

I'm leaning towards 2: Reading the each first books of Ender and Bean which both takes place in same time frame, then finish Ender's completely then Bean's...

Or maybe 4 is the safest route?

Entity

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
#4 will be fine; since Ender's Shadow and the others (the Bean/Petra/etc. series) are chronologically at the same time, you could read them without reading much of Speaker for the Dead / Xenocide / Children of the Mind, but I'd recommend just going with #4 (how I read them). Great series BTW.

Rob

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
i read ender's quartet..then started on bean's story...well, i really had no choice because i read all of the ender quartet b4 the bean series came out. I'm currently reading shadow puppets...book 3 of the bean series..and i like it a lot.

there's another one for the bean series due out this summer i believe....i can't wait!

i saw ditch ender's shadow right now and finish ender's series first because beans series is very continiuos and you might forget a lot of things when you go on to the next book.

also, it's just better that way imo hehehe...

btw, isn't a movie in the works or something? something about card wanting to have that little girl from "cat in the hat," "sam i am" etc... as val?...hehe i remember when he wanted the little boy annikan (sp) skywalker in the movie as ender (nooo!!! good thing he got older hehehe)

EDIT:
http://www.frescopictures.com/movies/ender/endersgame_update.html YES!!!!!! they better do a kickass job!!!

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP
btw, isn't a movie in the works or something? something about card wanting to have that little girl from "cat in the hat," "sam i am" etc... as val?...hehe i remember when he wanted the little boy annikan (sp) skywalker in the movie as ender (nooo!!! good thing he got older hehehe)

EDIT:
http://www.frescopictures.com/movies/ender/endersgame_update.html YES!!!!!! they better do a kickass job!!!

Yeah, they want some kid that's in Troy to be Ender.

I dunno how good an Ender's Game movie can be, if it's trying accurately depict the entire novel.. 99% of Enders Game isn't dialog.