Employee Screening

jimbofoxman

Nov 28, 2005
Can't believe I'm having to ask this but since I like a paycheck.....and the boss is jumping in with both feet..........I have to find something. Not sure which forum to even post this in.

Are any of the places you work for using Employee Screening Apps, to check your health and "covid" symptoms before entering?

Unfortunately I've been tasked with finding something for our small business. Something that an employee would have to use everyday they come to work. It would also allow the few visitors we have to do the same. We have roughly 25 people and at least one would have to be done on a PC since he doesn't use a smart phone. Majority would use it on their smart phone.

Been trying to find some info but most of them have their USE OUR PRODUCT PROMO AD with nothing else helpful. And being newer apps they really don't have much in the ways of reviews yet.

Thanks for any help.

Nov 8, 2012
Can't believe I'm having to ask this but since I like a paycheck.....and the boss is jumping in with both feet..........I have to find something. Not sure which forum to even post this in.

Are any of the places you work for using Employee Screening Apps, to check your health and "covid" symptoms before entering?

Unfortunately I've been tasked with finding something for our small business. Something that an employee would have to use everyday they come to work. It would also allow the few visitors we have to do the same. We have roughly 25 people and at least one would have to be done on a PC since he doesn't use a smart phone. Majority would use it on their smart phone.

Been trying to find some info but most of them have their USE OUR PRODUCT PROMO AD with nothing else helpful. And being newer apps they really don't have much in the ways of reviews yet.

Thanks for any help.

So basically you're just looking for an app (via smartphone?) that asks the employees daily if they are feeling symptoms?

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
no, but the company i work for will often arrange for pre-employment medical screening, mostly for US-based firms. People travel here (UK) from the US because a $10k+ screening in the US costs $2k here.
The reason (my guess, but considering it's my job, probably accurate) is that with employment you also get insurance, and the amounts they have to pay in premium depends on your initial screening.
these are once-per-job deals, not something you would do everyday, and not something you do out of an app. Do you mean something like a "auto-declaration" app? As in "i certify i feel fine today" ?
sounds like something you would have to build yourself. (and also, something not particularly useful, as you already should have a "feeling sick dont go to work" policy in place)
That's because otherwise the app developer would have to offer the app free to the user, but paid to the business who checks the user reports. Not the type of business model that appstore apps use.

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
I work in local government and we just have signs at the entrances to our office that basically say as an employee you're self-certifying that you don't have any of the symptoms listed. It's pretty stupid because everyone will pretty much come in unless they're actually sick, and even then, they will just come in anyways so they don't have to use sick time.

Nov 8, 2012
I work in local government and we just have signs at the entrances to our office that basically say as an employee you're self-certifying that you don't have any of the symptoms listed. It's pretty stupid because everyone will pretty much come in unless they're actually sick, and even then, they will just come in anyways so they don't have to use sick time.

Pretty much, yeap lol. It's the same thing but without the large costs of getting a dumb app and distributing it, etc... It's CYA in nature I guess.

"BY HEREBY ENTERING THIS DOOR YOU AGREE THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS:"

Reactions: jimbofoxman

jimbofoxman

Nov 28, 2005
I agree, this is so stupid. He even said, after talking about all the MIOSHA rules that he didn't want to do it..................WELL THEN DON'T!

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
where I work, they have allowed work from home 100% for anybody who can get their job done at home. For those who need to come in, they both scan for fever, and have questionnaire and then you have to go to an admin to get a 1 day badge which will open the doors to the offices.

They have closed down many of the buildings on the corporate campus in order to keep us working/not getting sick.

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
maybe you can create some online form on the company website they have to fill out everyday that sends you an email, automatically throw all emails in a dedicated folder.

Still too much work for something this useless.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Couldn't you have a simple log book at the front door? Maybe require everyone to have their own pen to sign it with?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
It's pretty stupid because everyone will pretty much come in unless they're actually sick, and even then, they will just come in anyways so they don't have to use sick time.

Why would anyone waste a sick-day when they don't feel well ?!? :p

All kidding aside I hate this ... as I've mentioned on here before a co-worker of mine kept coming to work with flu symptoms a few years ago and made the entire office very sick including myself, then he died of it. (RIP)

Seriously ... if you feel sick stay the hell home !!! :mad:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Where I work now, we use Safer-Covid through "MyDataHelps" app. ...I think. you can download it on your phone, or also use it browser-based. I just do the browser-based version.

It also allows you to upload test results, health insurance info, and some other data. It's quick and easy, takes about 10 seconds each day.

The previous employer, I forget what they were using. It didn't have anything beyond the same daily self-assessment questions.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Couldn't you have a simple log book at the front door? Maybe require everyone to have their own pen to sign it with?

having a digital data log helps with contact tracing. Now, for me it has been with 40k people and 60k people on these campuses, and while OP's 25 employees is a bit different, it's still easier to send a data log file to the contact tracers when it's requested, rather than ask some poor schlub to go to the log book, coordinate all the employees and their times that overlapped with the filthy infected scum that came to work, cross-reference their contact information, then send that all to the tracers.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
My workplace has a survey we have to fill in every day when we go in the office. I'm off now but if I remember I'll check what it is next time I work, I don't believe it's in-house/custom but something more generic.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
If your company has an O365 subscription, building a simple Power App would be pretty easy and fit the bill.

Nov 20, 2009

Thanks for any help.
You may want to consult with some reputable barbers and salons on what the state requires of them for performing services to the general public and use that as a framework to start with. Also, you, yourself, might want to contact the state office and ask them. First, you don't want to break any employee-protection rules, and secondly you may find them quite helpful.