Question Email provider suggestions

IBMJunkman

May 7, 2015
GoDaddy is changing their email backend. A friend got an email that implied he would have to subscribe to Office 365 and there would be an up charge to move to IMAP. When he told the phone migration rep he did not want any of that he was basically told like it or leave. So he is looking around.

I have 7 email accounts with GoDaddy. I called and talked to tech support. I am moving over 6/2. I was assured I don’t need Office 365 and I don’t have to move to IMAP.

So what is a good plain email service that has a basic web interface? My friend does not use Outlook or any email client. He does use MXGuarddog to filter his inbox. He looked at Bluehost but there seems to be mixed reviews. ProtonMail appears to use secured email but don’t know about a web interface.

Ideas?

IBMJunkman

May 7, 2015
How does cPanel work if I don’t control the server?

Have you tried cPanel? That's what I use and it's relatively seamless especially if you're using Apple devices as it syncs perfectly with Apple mail.

Edit: I derped a little bit, this is the windows thread; it still works terrific with my windows pc though!