Email exchanged posted on FB from a NY lawmaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
From JJ Johnson-Smith to David Marston.
Dear Mr. Marston, This was sent to you as an Alderman of the City of Hudson, so you can see where 98% of NY Law Enforcement stand on the NY Safe Act before your Legal Committee decides to impose a Total Gun Ban in your city. The VERY few Law Enforcement Officers that support the Safe Act, about 2%, are all Democrats and Liberals who have never given a donkey's behind about the Constitutional Rights of the people who employ them. Patriotic Americans like the Deputy who wrote this letter, are incensed over the State and Federal attempts to disarm law-abiding Americans and spit on the Constitution. We all know what the REAL agenda is, and we will never allow it. Many of us will be at the meeting in Hudson on 2-27-2013 to make certain our voices are heard.
Respectfully,
JJ. Johnson-Smith NYS Organizer for Gun Rights Across America
New Lebanon,N.Y

Reply back from the David Marston
Dear Joanna Johnson-Smith,

Its really neat that all you gun toting tea party psychotards are so interested in the goings on of our little City, even though I find it amazing that you don't have any other pressing issues before you in New Lebanon. On the other hand, I guess its not surprising, considering you ideologues aren't interested in actual policy, but rather grandstanding on mythical narratives of victimization.

Two things: The only spit here is the white stuff frothing on the ends of that rotten little mouth of yours from which you spew this hateful ignorant trash. And a donkeys behind? The rabid ignorance of the fringe is best illustrated by its sad metaphors, I mean seriously, thank you for the laughs.

By all means, come on down, we'll be happy to beat you barbarians back with the clubs of reason & responsibility, radical lunatics that you are. And say, a quick ProTip, since you're the "organizer" for unemployed guns nuts USA. Next time you think these unhinged rants will change the mind of anyone who has even a modicum of intelligence, you might instead just go back down into your basement & watch another episode of wheel-of-fortune. It'll certainly be just as effective. Remember: there are millions of Eagle Scout God Worshiping Patriots who find you & your radical ilk as disgraceful to American Democracy as the Brown Shirt jackboots you act like. I happen to be just one of them. Good Luck.

Best Regards,
David Marston.

Doesn't sound like a politician using logic to argue his point does it?

full post is here:
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMcNY/posts/543775798978567

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
It's got to be a fake, or I hope so. That's so dumb that I didn't think even a politician could write that.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
It's got to be a fake, or I hope so. That's so dumb that I didn't think even a politician could write that.

He did. He wrote later it was an accident that it got sent out. He said he drafted it in the "heat" of the moment and didn't intend to hit the send button. Personally I call bullshit on that but it is what it is.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
He obviously said it, now he's just backtracking. Gotta like it when the stupid expose their stupidity for all to see, like with David Marston. Hopefully the voters can get rid of him and his ilk quickly.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
He did. He wrote later it was an accident that it got sent out. He said he drafted it in the "heat" of the moment and didn't intend to hit the send button. Personally I call bullshit on that but it is what it is.

I wonder if he post here, that could be from any number of the ignorant, anti-gun nut job progressives that troll this forum.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Both letters are stupid and written poorly. Unfortunately all political discussion in this country has turned into the sham debates on fox news where everyone is just yelling, talking over each other and using made-up/mis-leading "facts"

Phanuel

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2008
Zorba, the problem is the facts are delivered rationally and in a speaking voice but the emotional arguments with no facts are delivered with equal levels of emotional hysteria.

This will never be a rational debate unfortunately.

Feb 6, 2007
Both letters are silly. I'll paraphrase their contents:

Letter 1: Fuck you!
Letter 2: No, fuck YOU!

It really is the height of banality. If you're incapable of drafting an argument about your position without resorting to name-calling, maybe you shouldn't be serving as the unofficial spokesperson for your cause. If you're a congressman, don't respond to vitriol in kind, as you'll always be held to a higher standard than some random person with an agenda and an e-mail account. Both of these people are in the wrong, not on the strength of their conviction, but on their inability to articulate their position without resorting to insults.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Both letters are silly. I'll paraphrase their contents:

Letter 1: Fuck you!
Letter 2: No, fuck YOU!

It really is the height of banality. If you're incapable of drafting an argument about your position without resorting to name-calling, maybe you shouldn't be serving as the unofficial spokesperson for your cause. If you're a congressman, don't respond to vitriol in kind, as you'll always be held to a higher standard than some random person with an agenda and an e-mail account. Both of these people are in the wrong, not on the strength of their conviction, but on their inability to articulate their position without resorting to insults.

Letter 1: We don't agree with your legislation. We are coming to show our support against your legislation.
Letter 2: @#(U&@*(#FG"*(#$T"(@R*"(@*)(@*R@

That's a bit closer.

Which is beside the point. An average citizen isn't held to the same standard as an elected politician in their public behavior or how they represent themselves.

Feb 6, 2007
Letter 1: We don't agree with your legislation. We are coming to show our support against your legislation.
Letter 2: @#(U&@*(#FG"*(#$T"(@R*"(@*)(@*R@

That's a bit closer.

Hogwash. Let's see: any law enforcement officer who has the audacity to agree with this bill is a Democrat and Liberal, which means that they also have never given a donkey's behind about the Constitutional Rights of the people who employ them, they are unpatriotic, they spit on the Constitution and we know their REAL agenda. That's not "we disagree with your legislation," it's a mindless rant that liberals and Democrats are trying to destroy America. That's no better than sending Michelle Bachmann a letter calling her a "Bible-thumping, teabagging racist" and expecting a civil reply. The Congressman's reaction was similarly ridiculous, but let's not act like the original letter was the picture of civility.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Bbahaha what a douche bag coward.

First letter was not ideal but it was not brutally offensive to the recipient like the response was. Moreover it was not written by a guy who needs and more so now than ever votes. First email was still nothing great though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.