Email addresses that aren't allowed

BigEdMuustaffa

Golden Member
Jan 29, 2002
I remember but can't find a list of email/ips that are banned from Anandtech...I remember aol, and comcast were two of them, any idea on how to find out who is and who isn't? I may have to change ips and not sure who to select based on this....Thanks....

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
This is from the FAQ but it's not comprehensive.

3. If you receive a message saying your E-Mail address is banned, you can contact the forum moderator to question why. Below is a list of E-mail services that were banned due to abuse, and will not be re-activated upon user request.

AOL
Bigfoot
Excite
Gotoworld
Hotmail
Nightmail
Whitehouse
Yahoo
All domains operated by portofevil.com, aka evilemail.com

4. In addition to the above, all of AOL's system is banned from the forums; this includes their IP addresses. This means that even if you sign up with a different E-mail address, you will not be able to post if you connect to the internet using their service.

MrScott81

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2001
why is aol banned from posting completely? is there any reason besides the fact that most of them don't know sh!t about computers? :)

DannyBoy

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2002
www.danj.me
Originally posted by: MrScott81
why is aol banned from posting completely? is there any reason besides the fact that most of them don't know sh!t about computers? :)

Some time ago there were serious problems with trollers / spammers etc that all originated from AOL making their way to the forums.

Heck anything AOL related involves spam / trolling.

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well it was not so much that a lot of crap was coming from AOL users, it was because AOL would not co-orperate with Anand to prevent this problem.
I am amazed that anyone would think that just because you use aol you are a moron, there are a lot of placed in the US and overseas that AOL is the only way to get on the internet. Move into one of these areas and automaticaly your brains fall out your anus according to you guys.

Bleep

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Bleep
I am amazed that anyone would think that just because you use aol you are a moron, there are a lot of placed in the US and overseas that AOL is the only way to get on the internet.

What places in the US only have AOL as an option for Internet service?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: aves2k
Originally posted by: Bleep
I am amazed that anyone would think that just because you use aol you are a moron, there are a lot of placed in the US and overseas that AOL is the only way to get on the internet.

What places in the US only have AOL as an option for Internet service?

AOL is dialup, most of the big boys have dial-up service. Unless you are in a rural area or do not have telephone access, the call would also be free.

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well I can see that most of you guys live in a large city or very near one. There are not only a lot of places here In rural Nebraska that dont have any acess to the internet and the towns that have AOL are lucky to have it. With only 600 t0 700 possible subscribers it is not possible to support 2 ISP's. I have a friend that his phone line is so bad that he cannot even get caller ID to work. I know people that make long distance calls just to log onto a AOL dialup to use e-mail, You guys need to get out of the house a little more often.

Bleep