Elon Musk now owns 9.2% of twitter...update.. will soon be the sole owner as Board of Directors accepts his purchase offer

Page 215 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
So Musk is evidently being sued by shareholders of Tesla over false statements he made in 2018 which affected the share price. The lawsuit was filed in federal court in CA, but Musk wants to change venue to Texas. Why? Because people in CA apparently think he's a douchebag after taking over twitter and firing all those people. And so he can't get a fair jury.

I predict his motion will fail.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
So Musk is evidently being sued by shareholders of Tesla over false statements he made in 2018 which affected the share price. The lawsuit was filed in federal court in CA, but Musk wants to change venue to Texas. Why? Because people in CA apparently think he's a douchebag after taking over twitter and firing all those people. And so he can't get a fair jury.

Just like Trump.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
The reason why I have an R8 instead of a C8 Z06. While it was hard to get the R8 at MSRP, it's near impossible to get a new Z06 at any price. The new Z06 will be everywhere in a few years. Not so much the R8.

My sister’s owned two Audis and my next-door neighbor owns one and given what they’ve gone thru/are going thru with their cars, your observation won’t be one bit surprising.

Reactions: Leeea

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Elmo trying to silence ex-twitter employees

Unfortunately pretty common for severance agreements. It should be illegal to block people from testifying, but it's very common.

When I quit my job at GE they tried to get me to sign something similar with nothing in return. I refused and my manager went off on me about it saying I "had" to sign it. She finally called HR and they told her I didn't "have" to sign it. I'm sure I'm on a do not rehire list because of it though.

Reactions: Drach and hal2kilo

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000

There are opinions and there are facts, the fact is Elon is a douchebag.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Elmo trying to silence ex-twitter employees

A true free speech absolutist.
Ok I'll put a /s

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Transparent Free Speech guy at it again. Ron Watkins is back and the DC Bus System is banned with no explanation.

Liked the comment from 'hexed13'

The DC Metro Bus account was obviously banned because it was doxxing people by providing updates on the location of the busses people were riding on.

Did wonder if that rule was going to be consistently enforced. Next - all sports reporting banned, if it identifies the players and the location of the event.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
I'm starting to wonder where all the people who claimed to love free speech went.
I wonder. Seems once Elon took over Twitter and started dropping secret memos from the DOJ and Democrat politicians, people started hating free speech. Not surprisingly that isn't high on the Progressheviks' list of acceptable actions.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I wonder. Seems once Elon took over Twitter and started dropping secret memos from the DOJ and Democrat politicians, people started hating free speech. Not surprisingly that isn't high on the Progressheviks' list of acceptable actions.

Anything to say about Elon's fondness for banning people who say things he doesn't like?

As far as I can see it's just business as usual, though. For the right, "free speech" means "all power to the plutocrats". They already control the rest of the media, no surprise that they buy up social media to control that as well. Conservatives generally worship the rich so they entirely approve of this process and welcome our plutocrat overlords.

Reactions: nakedfrog

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
3rd party API is down either by incompetence or intent. Tweetbot and Tweetdeck are significantly superior to Twitter's native clients and a lot of people are pissed.

Edit: Tweetdeck still seems to work.

Last edited: