Elon Musk now owns 9.2% of twitter...update.. will soon be the sole owner as Board of Directors accepts his purchase offer

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
We know who this sounds like. The only thing left is to call her ugly.

"If I were inclined to engage in sexual harassment, this is unlikely to be the first time in my entire 30-year career that it comes to light," he wrote, calling the story a "politically motivated hit piece."

Reactions: Roger Wilco

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
I put in an order for a replacement for my work car through Enterprise Fleet, a Nissan Rogue, last OCTOBER. First they said end of the year, then it was end of spring. Have I gotten it yet? No. So yeah, lots of vehicles are in short supply.
They're not.

"Please call" means they're either in transit and they're taking deposits to hold them for a day or 2, or they're on lot with a waiting list. When you call they tell you that you're #X on the waiting list. Local dealers version is a "confirm availability" banner and results in what I just posted.

Source: me, last few months.
Just got an email update from our Enterprise Fleet rep. Nissan has canceled ALL outstanding 2022 Enterprise orders nationwide. I guess it makes sense that with low stock they'd cancel bulk orders that are probably discounted. I'm sure the dealers will be happy to be able to sell those vehicles at over sticker, well the ones they can get in anyway.

Unfortunately this means I'm stuck with a not so great base model 2019 Ford Edge instead of a fully loaded 2022 Rogue SV.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
He'll blame it on his Asperger's and plays the victim.

I'm telling you.

that's all that fucking SNL appearance was about, 2 or whatever years ago.

He just paid Lorne to go out in public, say he has assburgers, get the zealot kiddos behind him even more, and he figured he could just sail a bit more on that, for at least 10 more years before burning out $100 billion.

I really think this is his plan.

This is the guy that idiots want handling their own personal fortunes. seriously.

Reactions: Pens1566

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
SpaceX has flight attendants?

It's too bad that Greenman, LLC, is not only incorporated like Musk's various incorporated entities, but also hasn't brilliantly stashed his own slavishly-gained billions away behind those various corps names, like private jets and the staff to fly and support those jets...also hidden behind the incorporation hilariousness.

The greenman would realize how all these ridiculous sociopaths that he idolizes have syphoned away all of greenman's tax dollars, to keep him at flat wealth growth for about 40 straight years, despite the "relative comfort" of having lived well enough on an actual 30% value of what he otherwise would have been worth...if only he didn't shit the bed in '79 like a deplorable gaggle of others and voted to end the US entirely, because some actor promised them gold, and snorted the wealth of the nation and their own future's away, in perpetuity.

that's too bad

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Anyone the least bit surprised by this? I for one was wondering when we'd first find out about something like this. His argument "If I were inclined to engage in sexual harassment, this is unlikely to be the first time in my entire 30-year career that it comes to light," is kind of hilarious coming from someone who has limitless ability to buy people's silence. Just like they did here. It just failed this time.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Anyone the least bit surprised by this? I for one was wondering when we'd first find out about something like this. His argument "If I were inclined to engage in sexual harassment, this is unlikely to be the first time in my entire 30-year career that it comes to light," is kind of hilarious coming from someone who has limitless ability to buy people's silence. Just like they did here. It just failed this time.
If I Did It
- OJ Simpson -Elon Musk

Reactions: dank69

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I mean, in terms of whatever, trying to buy a hooker is… what it is.

But you know his 14yo emotional mind is gonna flame out over this… he is gonna double down again, then one more time. I see tsla stock at 500 in 30 days.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Watching Elon musk implode is great, but it just needs to keep going. I don't think he has an off switch at this point so there is a good chance of that. To keep happening. Let's gooooo

Reactions: cytg111

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Musk is Afrikaner trash, nothing more, nothing less.

Hey, as someone with a South African wife (British South African, but still), please don't generalize! There are plenty of good Afrikaaners. That and Musk is half-Canadian, so he's not exactly a living Die Antwoord-style stereotype.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
That and Musk is half-Canadian

Canadian isn't some kind of racial trait passed in the blood. He was born white in Apartheid South Africa and even his "Canadian" mother was living their since she was 2 years old. They are only "Canadian" by the technicality that they can claim citizenship in countries that they didn't grow up in.

So Musk is entirely the product of growing up a privileged white person under a system that rewarded him, and oppressed others. Something he seems to just assume should continue.

Reactions: iRONic and Pens1566

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Canada was a popular destination for white South Africans bailing when apartheid ended.