Elon Musk now owns 9.2% of twitter...update.. will soon be the sole owner as Board of Directors accepts his purchase offer

Page 329 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
If he needs ketamine every other week to "unstick" his mind from depressive thought patterns... Maybe he should let it simmer. Maybe his psyche is trying to tell him something.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
If he needs ketamine every other week to "unstick" his mind from depressive thought patterns... Maybe he should let it simmer. Maybe his psyche is trying to tell him something.

But he doesn't listen, he reacts and very often overreacts..

Reactions: cytg111
Dec 10, 2005
Do you have evidence that ketamine makes one more erratic if they've already been nuts but just insulated for quite a while? Please post sources.

Ketamine is literally used therapeutically now, for - depression, anxiety, PTSD, end-of-life distress, chronic pain, drug/alcohol problems, and some more things.

A good friend of mine out in denver has been trying ketamine therapy for severe anxiety and depression for a couple years now. We have spoken of his experiences and I read about it. Fascinating stuff.
If you're looking for cognitive impacts of ketamine and their derivatives, look no further than the prescribing information with the FDA:

Ketamine injections (for anesthetic use and not depression): https://labeling.pfizer.com/ShowLabeling.aspx?id=4485#S5.2

5.2 Emergence Reactions
Emergence delirium (postoperative confusional states or agitation) has occurred in approximately 12% of patients during the recovery period, and the duration is generally a few hours. The neuropsychological manifestations vary in severity between pleasant dream-like states, vivid imagery, hallucinations, and emergence delirium. In some cases, these states have been accompanied by confusion, excitement, and irrational behavior, which have been recalled as unpleasant experiences. No residual psychological effects are known to have resulted from use of Ketamine Hydrochloride Injection during induction and maintenance of anesthesia.

Intramuscular administration results in a lower incidence of emergence reactions.

The incidence of psychological manifestations during emergence, particularly dream-like observations and emergence delirium, may be reduced by using lower recommended dosages of Ketamine Hydrochloride Injection in conjunction with an intravenous benzodiazepine during induction and maintenance of anesthesia [see Dosage and Administration (2.3)]. Also, these reactions may be reduced if verbal, tactile, and visual stimulation of the patient is minimized during the recovery period. This does not preclude the monitoring of vital signs.

The ketamine-derivative for depression, esketamine: https://www.janssenlabels.com/packa...graph/prescribing-information/SPRAVATO-pi.pdf
See Warnings and Precautions:
Cognitive Impairment: SPRAVATO may impair attention, judgment, thinking, reaction speed and motor skills. (5.8)

And common adverse reactions (I bolded some of cognitive effects):
The most commonly observed adverse reactions (incidence ≥5% and at least twice that of placebo plus oral antidepressant):
• TRD [treatment-resistant depression]: dissociation, dizziness, nausea, sedation, vertigo, hypoesthesia, anxiety, lethargy, blood pressure increased, vomiting, and feeling drunk. (6)
• Treatment of depressive symptoms in adults with MDD with acute suicidal ideation or behavior: dissociation, dizziness, sedation, blood pressure increased, hypoesthesia, vomiting, euphoric mood, and vertigo. (6)

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
If you're looking for cognitive impacts of ketamine and their derivatives, look no further than the prescribing information with the FDA:

Ketamine injections (for anesthetic use and not depression): https://labeling.pfizer.com/ShowLabeling.aspx?id=4485#S5.2

The ketamine-derivative for depression, esketamine: https://www.janssenlabels.com/packa...graph/prescribing-information/SPRAVATO-pi.pdf
See Warnings and Precautions:

And common adverse reactions (I bolded some of cognitive effects):

I know exactly how K works because I did a bunch of it 28 years ago for a few years when I was into the club and rave scene. K had just broken into the scene as a club drug. It was big. I had access to a good source too. Right off the truck from Ft. Dodge.

Yes you do have those side effects when you are on K. Like literally when you're on a full dose, and then it wears off.

That's not how you are when the effects leave though. It doesn't change your personality into a disassociative raving lunatic.

I'm talking to that it does have therapeutic effects and is prescribed as such. It's not going to have any permanent effect to make you radical and narcissistic and racist and a fascist egotistical loon.

It's perfectly possible to use ketamine for depression, and that's it.

Sure maybe he is abusing it I don't know. The thing is I can tell you just the fact that someone says they do K does not mean it's created their personality.

If people want to go back to the days where every drug is the devil, And blame it for everything go ahead.

Meanwhile we have found out that weed, k, and MDMA can be very therapeutic. And so can certain doses of psychedelics.

So while I hate Elon musk as much as anybody I'm not going to villainize a drug for his issues which have been quite clear for quite some time if you were paying attention.

Just villainizing drugs didn't really get us too far in the war on drugs now did it. In fact this one guy fusion called it stinky weed. Yes let's blame elon's problems on the stinky weed and maybe K.

Come on the guy was psycho before. You think every person that fell down the right-wing rabbit hole is because of weed and K? No the guy was already In a perfect place mind wise for it. Let's not turn into conservatives and say oh it's the drugs!

Reactions: dank69 and hal2kilo

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
I know exactly how K works because I did a bunch of it 28 years ago for a few years when I was into the club and rave scene. K had just broken into the scene as a club drug. It was big. I had access to a good source too. Right off the truck from Ft. Dodge.

Yes you do have those side effects when you are on K. Like literally when you're on a full dose, and then it wears off.

That's not how you are when the effects leave though. It doesn't change your personality into a disassociative raving lunatic.

I'm talking to that it does have therapeutic effects and is prescribed as such. It's not going to have any permanent effect to make you radical and narcissistic and racist and a fascist egotistical loon.

Sure maybe he is abusing it I don't know. The thing is I can tell you just the fact that someone says they do K does not mean it's created their personality.

If people want to go back to the days where every drug is the devil, And blame it for everything go ahead.

Meanwhile we have found out that weed, k, and MDMA can be very therapeutic. And so can certain doses of psychedelics.

So while I hate Elon musk as much as anybody I'm not going to villainize a drug for his issues which have been quite clear for quite some time if you were paying attention.

Just villainizing drugs didn't really get us too far in the war on drugs now did it. In fact this one guy fusion called it stinky weed. Yes let's blame elon's problems on the stinky weed and maybe K.

Come on the guy was psycho before. You think every person that fell down the right-wing rabbit hole is because of weed and K? No the guy was already In a perfect place mind wise for it. Let's not turn into conservatives and say oh it's the drugs!

No one knows how K works it varies from person to person

It should be used in a clinical scenario only.

This is from someone who wants weed and mushrooms legal.

And I just had a dose of K… it was in a hospital for pain management. I will never want it again

• Love
Reactions: hal2kilo
Dec 10, 2005

Ketamine can be fine and help people, but it can also have negative side effects for some people that impacts cognitive function. Let's not pretend that these things are completely harmless, and there can be good reasons to regulate access to these products.

Anyway, Musk is an asshole, with or without his drug use. He's always been one - it's just now that he has tons of money, he's all up in everyone's face.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
No one knows how K works it varies from person to person

It should be used in a clinical scenario only.

This is from someone who wants weed and mushrooms legal.

And I just had a dose of K… it was in a hospital for pain management. I will never want it again

So don't do it again tell the doctors never to give it to you. That sounds perfectly normal.

The fact is if someone is using it in a therapeutic way for depression that's fine.

My point is just to have the knee-jerk reaction about any any mind-altering substance, look what it does to people! Whether it's stinky weed or K. It definitely affects everyone differently. But to say oh drugs are bad and then point to Elon as an example, I mean that's just a really lame cop-out. That's exactly the same mentality of blaming anything mind altering as evil. I'm just saying that mentality never got us anywhere. And it's certainly not like Elon wasn't a giant fucking prick before. And as far as going down the right wing rabbit hole, tens of millions of Americans have turned to that evil. It has nothing to do with drugs. It's the people.

I just find it moving backwards to use drugs as a crutch for any of the arguments about Elon, or people doing bad things online. Maybe he's posting when he's on K, I doubt he would not have tons of typos though :)

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
At 7 minutes. Fucking damning. Of course the little bitch throttled him. What a little wise and beautiful woman.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
On the subject of Ketamine and psychedelics in general I would love to try the schrooms but I hesitate. The people I have known to take it is generally getting more set in their already set ways and lines of thinking… And I sort of like where my head is at, so…
What I am getting at is I can see how a psychedelic can boost an already edgy and assholy personality like Elons.

misuspita

Jul 15, 2006

This is the part...

OMG what a manchild.... How many asslickers does he has around that this simple questioning put him in tears? I think this is the most important danger all billionaires and top power politicians face. The ass-lickers isolate you from the real world. And if you don't keep it real, when you face the first real wind gust you succumb.... At least with someone as Musk and his fragile ego.... OMG....

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

This is the part...

OMG what a manchild.... How many asslickers does he has around that this simple questioning put him in tears? I think this is the most important danger all billionaires and top power politicians face. The ass-lickers isolate you from the real world. And if you don't keep it real, when you face the first real wind gust you succumb.... At least with someone as Musk and his fragile ego.... OMG....
It is pretty amusing that he thinks companies declining to do business with him based on the entirety of his product is censorious then he's either lying or stupid.

Imagine if the American Nazi Party also ran a bakery where they didn't advertise ANY of their Nazi beliefs but just make donuts. By Musk's logic if you declined to go buy some donuts from them because it's full of Nazis you're censoring their free speech rights because the Nazis who owned it weren't broadcasting their beliefs in that particular building.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
This is great, Elmo dressed down as the Emperor with no clothes by journalist heavy weights

Last edited:
Reactions: misuspita

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
This is great, Elmo dressed down as the Emperor with clothes by journalist heavy weights

Swisher is great on this. Always a scathing view and it's based on a long history. She's got receipts from years and years of direct interaction.

Reactions: cytg111

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I've gotten some heat on here for still using twitter but as I said I use it to follow a premier league team and get their updates. Talk to the fans etc.

Welp this week the Premier League is on hiatus for an international break..

And some of my teams players went to play for their country but you can totally guess what happened..

I have to say you guys were right.. twatter has just become a cesspool of emboldened right wing racists since Elon took over..

1711030200998.png

1711030242356.png

1711030259191.png

It's like every blatant right wing thought is normalized, highlighted and pushed to the very top and every common sense thought is ghosted into oblivion by their new algorithms.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Humans online without strong moderation is like what happens in a ratty apartment when the lights go out. The roaches come out to play. Sure, some will stand boldly in the sun, hell I live in Florida so I see and hear a fair bit of it. Online from the safety of the basement lair it's far worse. They either believe that crap, or are just trolling, or both and it hardly really matters as long as they get other people riled up. And the more people riled up, the more they'll come back to Shitter or Friendface or whatever.

The only way to win is not to play. I need to "follow" absolutely nothing that I can't find otherwise. For my own stress levels I quit Zuckerbook in 2016 after the election and it was like a weight off of me.

Really stretching here, but the only way Twitter is worth anything at all would be for situations like we have in Gaza. A way to get info out when real news can't be there. Even then, it's subject to propaganda so maybe the worth isn't that much.

Reactions: skyking
Mar 11, 2004
I've gotten some heat on here for still using twitter but as I said I use it to follow a premier league team and get their updates. Talk to the fans etc.

Welp this week the Premier League is on hiatus for an international break..

And some of my teams players went to play for their country but you can totally guess what happened..

I have to say you guys were right.. twatter has just become a cesspool of emboldened right wing racists since Elon took over..

View attachment 95624

View attachment 95625

View attachment 95626

It's like every blatant right wing thought is normalized, highlighted and pushed to the very top and every common sense thought is ghosted into oblivion by their new algorithms.

Maybe someone should have those people go back in time to tell the British government that when they were seeking to make it so the sun never set on the British Empire? Maybe, just maybe, there's a causation and correlation link there...

Also, yes, you're a dumbass if you're still using XTwitter these days. Like, even with the flimsy premise you used to justify it, you're not getting anything worthwhile from a sports team's XTwitter. At best its a tryhard dad joke comedy bit, but most likely you're just ingesting corporate underling marketing speak hopping on trends.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Maybe someone should have those people go back in time to tell the British government that when they were seeking to make it so the sun never set on the British Empire? Maybe, just maybe, there's a causation and correlation link there...

Also, yes, you're a dumbass if you're still using XTwitter these days. Like, even with the flimsy premise you used to justify it, you're not getting anything worthwhile from a sports team's XTwitter. At best its a tryhard dad joke comedy bit, but most likely you're just ingesting corporate underling marketing speak hopping on trends.

I've emailed some accounts I want to follow on Threads to please make a Threads handle and keep it updated, a lot of us don't want to use the shite that is X

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
On the subject of Ketamine and psychedelics in general I would love to try the schrooms but I hesitate. The people I have known to take it is generally getting more set in their already set ways and lines of thinking… And I sort of like where my head is at, so…
What I am getting at is I can see how a psychedelic can boost an already edgy and assholy personality like Elons.
The biggest problem I've seen with psychedelics is self delusion. I've spent hours creating my own perfect world, only to see it slip away, and as I try to revisit this perfect place and the drug is wearing off, the magic disappears, this perfect place is fleeting and there's no going back now. This can be very depressing sometimes, as your are back to your blah regular ordinary world. Some people try to hang on to something that was an only an elaborate waking dream.

Reactions: Zorba and cytg111