Elon Musk now owns 9.2% of twitter...update.. will soon be the sole owner as Board of Directors accepts his purchase offer

Page 328 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I liked the "my various drug addictions are good for shareholder value" part of the interview.

Reactions: Brovane

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I liked the "my various drug addictions are good for shareholder value" part of the interview.
My favorite part so far was Musk claiming that taking down hate speech was censorship but if you make sure nobody ever reads it while still technically leaving it up that's not censorship. Choosing not to broadcast someone's views at your own expense is not censorship! Am I censoring the world's Nazis by not building a platform for them to broadcast their views for free?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I dont think Elon is sentient. He has zero self insight.

Dude is literally the "technically correct" is the best form of correct - walking meme.

at 40 minutes Elmo begins buttfucking himself.

At 48 he is blatantly demonstrating that he doesnt understand social.

I hate to say it but my nerd brain gets much of what he is saying... The grownup part of my brain then knocks on the door and says "Yo dude, have a dose of reality".

Last edited:

APU_Fusion

Dec 16, 2013
Yep. It was known all along.

View attachment 95488
Jesus Christ. That is brutal. Trump’s ego is beyond narcissistic and into some other reality.

Also, the fact that nazi lover and racist Musk states he is moving away from Biden after meeting guy who is bragging he could get Musk on his knees to beg is truly an astounding timeline to be in.

The egos are staggering

Saylick

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2012
Mind …. Boggled …. The ego to state this out loud ….
I bet all the Elmo stans rejoiced in one loud unifying cry upon hearing that.

Seriously though, what's up with so many cults of personalities these days, especially around those who have such inflated egos who've outed themselves as more or less frauds? People in this country need to stop worshipping people who have power and no empathy or humility.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I will judge Musk for a shit ton of things. he is evil and horrific.

However ketamine is used therapeutically. It is possible to do ketamine within a course of treatment level doses, not just to abuse it.

I don't think the ketamine is making him who he is at all. he is that, so really could care less if he occasionally dabbles.

APU_Fusion

Dec 16, 2013
I bet all the Elmo stans rejoiced in one loud unifying cry upon hearing that.

Seriously though, what's up with so many cults of personalities these days, especially around those who have such inflated egos who've outed themselves as more or less frauds? People in this country need to stop worshipping people who have power and no empathy or humility.
But her emails ….

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

However ketamine is used therapeutically. It is possible to do ketamine within a course of treatment level doses, not just to abuse it.

I don't think the ketamine is making him who he is at all. he is that, so really could care less if he occasionally dabbles.

I think the odds Musk does not abuse ketamine among other drugs are very very low.

APU_Fusion

Dec 16, 2013

You … really believe that? You don’t think the increasingly erratic behavior and lack of impulse control could be from taking ketamine and smoking the stink weed? He said he was “almost always” sober when posting late night and early morning posts. Have you read some of these posts? They are gibberish or parroting neo-nazis or claiming Haitians are cannibals (I wonder what it is about Haitians that make him say that hmmmm).

If I stated on social media or to reporter I was almost always sober when making those kind of posts, I know my middle-class would be fired posthaste from my job from sheer embarrassment.

Reactions: cytg111

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
You … really believe that? You don’t think the increasingly erratic behavior and lack of impulse control could be from taking ketamine and smoking the stink weed? He said he was “almost always” sober when posting late night and early morning posts. Have you read some of these posts? They are gibberish or parroting neo-nazis or claiming Haitians are cannibals (I wonder what it is about Haitians that make him say that hmmmm).

If I told a report I was almost always sober when making those kind of posts, I know my middle-class would be fired posthaste from my job.

Elon showed very clear signs to me and others, and we posted about them, years back. About what a horrific person we could tell he was and everyone would see it sooner than later. The stories of his terrible erratic management style and how management teams had to be built to mitigate the damage from Elon's brain have been around for a while. He was trying to smear someone that mocked his stupid solution to a cave rescue as a pedophile years back. He's always been so full of shit for many years now about overpromising and failing constantly - it's just that the media needed a Phony Stark and let him get away with it more.

So no, I don't think ketamine and weed made Elon a shitty, erratic, narcissistic, right-wing piece of shit. I think he's always been on that tip, and world events have made his real self come out to play. Sure maybe being high while posting has helped some of the quantity of posts, but they have not made him into what has been obvious for a while.

Saylick

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2012
Drugs or not, Elon is definitely tripping on something: a power trip. Based on his current behavior, I doubt something like the therapeutic use of ketamine is keeping him in check. The guy is just getting more and more unhinged. If he is on ketamine, his dosage is either too low or it's simply too high.

APU_Fusion

Dec 16, 2013
Elon showed very clear signs to me and others, and we posted about them, years back. About what a horrific person we could tell he was and everyone would see it sooner than later. The stories of his terrible erratic management style and how management teams had to be built to mitigate the damage from Elon's brain have been around for a while. He was trying to smear someone that mocked his stupid solution to a cave rescue as a pedophile years back. He's always been so full of shit for many years now about overpromising and failing constantly - it's just that the media needed a Phony Stark and let him get away with it more.

So no, I don't think ketamine and weed made Elon a shitty, erratic, narcissistic, right-wing piece of shit. I think he's always been on that tip, and world events have made his real self come out to play. Sure maybe being high while posting has helped some of the quantity of posts, but they have not made him into what has been obvious for a while.
You do notice I said increasingly erratic. I didn’t state he was not a narcissistic ass before but that it is getting worse and I think ketamine plays a part. We are just parsing semantics at this point. He is an ass either way

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
You do notice I said increasingly erratic. I didn’t state he was not a narcissistic ass before but that it is getting worse and I think ketamine plays a part. We are just parsing semantics at this point. He is an ass either way
Do you have evidence that ketamine makes one more erratic if they've already been nuts but just insulated for quite a while? Please post sources.

Ketamine is literally used therapeutically now, for - depression, anxiety, PTSD, end-of-life distress, chronic pain, drug/alcohol problems, and some more things.

A good friend of mine out in denver has been trying ketamine therapy for severe anxiety and depression for a couple years now. We have spoken of his experiences and I read about it. Fascinating stuff.