Elon Musk now owns 9.2% of twitter...update.. will soon be the sole owner as Board of Directors accepts his purchase offer

Page 327 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Elon endorsed a candidate for DA in the Austin area, his candidate lost by 30 points.

also what's the over/under for Elon paying some of Trump's fines off?

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Can't be a coincidence that he's suing OpenAI for billions just as soon as Bezos passed him up in paper net worth. Fucker must be all kinds of butthurt over that. :tearsofjoy:

My gut is that Elon will donate to Trump's campaign, but he hasn't been a GOP mega donor in the past. But fucker hates Joe Biden so much that I'd be surprised if he doesn't do something in his power to defeat Biden. But Elon is relatively cash poor, so don't expect Koch brothers level of grifting gifting.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Can't be a coincidence that he's suing OpenAI for billions just as soon as Bezos passed him up in paper net worth. Fucker must be all kinds of butthurt over that. :tearsofjoy:

My gut is that Elon will donate to Trump's campaign, but he hasn't been a GOP mega donor in the past. But fucker hates Joe Biden so much that I'd be surprised if he doesn't do something in his power to defeat Biden. But Elon is relatively cash poor, so don't expect Koch brothers level of grifting gifting.
He does seem to be acquiring a taste for being a political player - probably because it gives him that sweet ego stroking that he lost when so many people realized what a piece of shit he is.

Reactions: pmv

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Musk, A divorced drug addict who's adopted sister had kids with his dad, has ten kids of his own from four different women, and bought Twitter for $30 billion over market while on a ketamine bender so his Nazi friends could come back is someone I want to admire?

He could have been simply the admired tech titan, sitting atop his tower of accomplishment — but as soon as he started getting a real public profile, he broke containment on his industry bubble and started associating himself with nutjobs and his "Xitter followers". His reply-guy schtick on Xitter, retweeting memes and recycling the same seven or eight joke premises, insulating himself in a bubble of ego-reinforcing adulation from his crowd of toadies and sycophants. “Excellent wit, my lord!” they respond, after Musk reposts a gif of a dog sniffing another dog’s balls or whatever.

It’s arguable the degree to which he’s legitimately had a knack for technology leadership, but what’s not arguable is that outside of that circle, he’s one of the most wretchedly insecure and emotionally needy nutters on the planet.

So yeah. He hates it when he steps on his nuts in public.

Oh well. Sucks to be him.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Musk, A divorced drug addict who's adopted sister had kids with his dad, has ten kids of his own from four different women, and bought Twitter for $30 billion over market while on a ketamine bender so his Nazi friends could come back is someone I want to admire?

He could have been simply the admired tech titan, sitting atop his tower of accomplishment — but as soon as he started getting a real public profile, he broke containment on his industry bubble and started associating himself with nutjobs and his "Xitter followers". His reply-guy schtick on Xitter, retweeting memes and recycling the same seven or eight joke premises, insulating himself in a bubble of ego-reinforcing adulation from his crowd of toadies and sycophants. “Excellent wit, my lord!” they respond, after Musk reposts a gif of a dog sniffing another dog’s balls or whatever.

It’s arguable the degree to which he’s legitimately had a knack for technology leadership, but what’s not arguable is that outside of that circle, he’s one of the most wretchedly insecure and emotionally needy nutters on the planet.

So yeah. He hates it when he steps on his nuts in public.

Oh well. Sucks to be him.

So not only is Elon a total evil piece of shit, his family is also kind of white trash.

good to know. maybe that explains the racism. along with the whole being from South Africa thing.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Look who’s begging (presumably like a dog!) for Daddy Musks money?

OK, here’s a potential future scenario that could happen:

Musk ponies up $500 million so that Trump can appeal his civil lawsuits without paying

Trump loses appeals and the $500 million goes to NY State and Carroll

Trump refuses to pay Musk back, leading to:

Musk has to sell Twitter at fire sale price

Trump loses election

Trump is convicted in criminal court and goes to jail

Roll Credits

Dec 10, 2005
Hey look, another self-serving grifting operation by Mr. Musk: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/10/...e_code=1.bk0.E-o8.0sb-lFdty6zF&smid=url-share

At the same time, he runs a charity with billions of dollars, the kind of resources that could make a global impact. But unlike Bill Gates, who has deployed his fortune in an effort to improve health care across Africa, or Walmart’s Walton family, which has spurred change in the American education system, Mr. Musk’s philanthropy has been haphazard and largely self-serving — making him eligible for enormous tax breaks and helping his businesses.

The foundation that houses the money has failed in recent years to give away the bare minimum required by law to justify the tax break, exposing it to the risk of having to pay the government a substantial financial penalty.

Mr. Musk has not hired any staff for his foundation, tax filings show. Its billions are handled by a board that consists of himself and two volunteers, one of whom reports putting in so little time that it averages out to six minutes per week.

A New York Times analysis found that, of the Musk Foundation’s giving in 2021 and 2022 — the latest years for which full data is available — about half of the donations had some link to Mr. Musk, one of his employees or one of his businesses.

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
So Elon made a deal with Don Lemon to do a show on X. Don Lemon was like this is all about free speech. The inaugural episode was, gasp, an interview with Elon. Apparently Elon didn't like the interview with Don Lemon so he canceled the deal with him. Now Don Lemon is tweeting, Elon Musk loves free speech unless he doesn't like it.
I think it's still going to air though.

432617464_1085509252661635_6386821534578379578_n.jpeg

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
The interview will be released Friday on Youtube. Should be pretty funny to watch Phony Stark get all ruffled when Lemon asks him how much ketamine he takes on a daily basis.

Reactions: cytg111 and borosp1
Mar 11, 2004
I don't think Musk is really affected by 500 mil. Yeah, it will hurt, but no biggie

He's already overleveraged due to Twitter. Musk doesn't actually have money himself, its all Tesla and SpaceX stock valuations. If he sells it, it devalues it, which will set things on a path where it tanks its worth, since the more stock he sells, the more value it would lose, which then means he has to sell more to make up for the loss in value, which will make it lose more value. The more stock he loses the more desperate he'll become, which will make him act out even more and make more bad decisions.

Musk is finding out that even billionaire's mouths can write checks their asses can't cash.

He's very quickly devolving into Turmp behavior in order to prop up the sham that is his wealth, intelligence, business acumen, and ego.

For instance his charity scam is likely him trying to protect that stock.

It would be interesting to see what the Walton family is up to.

Apparently their "charity" is big in charter schools, which is alarming.

Reactions: hal2kilo

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Full interview drops tomorrow.

Tesla is the worst performing stock on the S&P 500 this year.

When Tesla stock had a pretty damn bad day in January, I texted my cousin, who is well-off and owns a bunch of Tesla stock. He had been showing the long-term growth in the stock last year at one of our holiday gatherings.

When I texted him in January, it was around $210 then. I said I would sell most of your stock, I'm like this is it for Tesla. It may have a big rebound financed by institutional investors but in general it's headed towards $100 and it should be valued lower than that and will probably get there. He's like he's not too worried, he is diversified enough and plus when all those self-driving taxis come out, it'll be fine. I was like brother, Elon has finally been exposed for the fraud he is on all that stuff, and so many other things, it should be finally over for him FSD is an illusion with him, like so much of his other bullshit.

Reactions: cytg111

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
He's already overleveraged due to Twitter. Musk doesn't actually have money himself, its all Tesla and SpaceX stock valuations. If he sells it, it devalues it, which will set things on a path where it tanks its worth, since the more stock he sells, the more value it would lose, which then means he has to sell more to make up for the loss in value, which will make it lose more value. The more stock he loses the more desperate he'll become, which will make him act out even more and make more bad decisions.

Musk is finding out that even billionaire's mouths can write checks their asses can't cash.

He's very quickly devolving into Turmp behavior in order to prop up the sham that is his wealth, intelligence, business acumen, and ego.

How is elmo overleveraged personally due to Titter? Elmo sold $23B+ of Tesla stock to finance his part of the Titter purchase. Elmo originally had planned to use leverage with borrowing against Tesla but decided against it later and sold Tesla stock instead. Fortunately for Tesla stock holders Elmo never followed through with his original plan to leverage Tesla stock as collateral for a personal loan to buy titter.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/tesla-elon-musk-margin-call-twitter-loan-51672328580

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Full interview drops tomorrow.

Tesla is the worst performing stock on the S&P 500 this year.

When Tesla stock had a pretty damn bad day in January, I texted my cousin, who is well-off and owns a bunch of Tesla stock. He had been showing the long-term growth in the stock last year at one of our holiday gatherings.

When I texted him in January, it was around $210 then. I said I would sell most of your stock, I'm like this is it for Tesla. It may have a big rebound financed by institutional investors but in general it's headed towards $100 and it should be valued lower than that and will probably get there. He's like he's not too worried, he is diversified enough and plus when all those self-driving taxis come out, it'll be fine. I was like brother, Elon has finally been exposed for the fraud he is on all that stuff, and so many other things, it should be finally over for him FSD is an illusion with him, like so much of his other bullshit.
Yea I am not getting into any Elon stock before he announces he is going to rehab and comes out clean on the other side. This ketamine affliction explains a whole lot recent years.

• Haha
Reactions: thilanliyan

misuspita

Jul 15, 2006
So apparently Elon posted a fake (really, Elon posting fakes? nooowaaay) about cannibalism in Haiti and Tweeter took it down :)))))))))))

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005

Only problem for your cousin is that Waymo is the main player left and they use a mix of cars but don't use Tesla.

(Waymo just got permission to expand into LA. They're also planning on expanding into freeway driving soon.)

GM Cruise will probably get back in the game at some point, but again, no Telsa. There's also a big push in China but those companies drive BYD.