Elon Musk now owns 9.2% of twitter...update.. will soon be the sole owner as Board of Directors accepts his purchase offer

Page 313 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
The difference is there will be consequences for Musk, it's a risk for him to say it. Whereas you risk absolutely nothing. Well, unless your mom see's your post and you lose some tendy points.
Oh greenman, so naive to think there will be consequences for a centibillionaire.

APU_Fusion

Dec 16, 2013
Oh greenman, so naive to think there will be consequences for a centibillionaire.
Greenman is a room temperature IQ MAGAT who lives in his feels and not objective reality. 🤷why he bothers on these forums who have people who are actually intelligent is weird.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
It's telling that AKAIK Greenman has made zero comment on Musk's antisemitism and white nationalism but views his "fuck you" to people who won't give Musk money in response to those views as brave and appropriate.

Greenman just confirming again who they are.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
As I remarked to company on Thanksgiving, one of the few true things Elon has said this year since most of what he spouts is total bullshit, is that 'Tesla dug their own grave with the Cybertruck', because I think that could be what ends him at Tesla. Been following the release of it and it gets worse and worse. The one thing about that which Elon is still lying, it was not so much they, as HE. The Cybertruck is his dream and project.

• Wow
Reactions: Indus

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The full thing. Its a good watch as it gives an insight into exactly what screws is lose in this dudes mind.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
He jumped the rails for sure. I wonder if he'll come down of that high and realize how badly he crashed and burned?

Reactions: Brovane
Feb 4, 2009
Here’s my point as I said earlier.
The list of advertisers leaving looks similar to the list that was leaving six months ago, which looks similar to the list leaving twelve months ago.
We all know these accounts will be back. Particularly if the ad buy is low enough

Reactions: Zorba

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
From my perspective, the great Free Speech Absolutist intententional Gordon Gecko-ed what was the best platform for free speech ever developed because he wanted to shut it down.
And just look at what has happened to free speech on the internet as a result.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
The list of advertisers leaving looks similar to the list that was leaving six months ago, which looks similar to the list leaving twelve months ago.
We all know these accounts will be back. Particularly if the ad buy is low enough

Advertisers send a message by stopping spending.

They will usually come back.

The problem is, what if the person/company you're spending money on gives you the middle finger? In public no less. If someone points to me and say "f you" in public, I know I'm never going to his house. At least not without a public apology.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It's not getting any better for twitter though, and it's fast running out of cash left to burn.

Musk's plan of creating a subscription-based social media platform independent of advertiser pressures (or even common decency) has failed. Largely because he chased away the bulk of the would-be paying subscribers with his polarizing view that nazi speech is free speech, but any speech to the left of nazi speech is not.

We need to just let it die so it can be re-born as something better.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Its like this: Elmo knows he is on the spectrum but he doesnt understand he is on the spectrum.
If he did he'd understand that social media and concepts like "free speech" is not for him to gr0k.

• Haha
Reactions: thilanliyan

DisarmedDespot

Jun 2, 2016
Its like this: Elmo knows he is on the spectrum but he doesnt understand he is on the spectrum.
If he did he'd understand that social media and concepts like "free speech" is not for him to gr0k.
Is it that he's on the spectrum, or is he just an asshole?

I am no expert, but all of his behavior is him intentionally trying to hurt people based on a real or perceived slight. It's closer to narcissism honestly.

I'dluv2

Oct 21, 2022
I'm posting this with a couple drinks in me so help me here. All my right leaning friends think Elon is god, now fuck all you advertisers that are leaving, yada yada yada. Yet when they boycotted Bud Light for an advertising angle, when Ronda Santis shit on Disney for going in a direction they thought was correct it was a great move. What am I missing here?

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
I'm posting this with a couple drinks in me so help me here. All my right leaning friends think Elon is god, now fuck all you advertisers that are leaving, yada yada yada. Yet when they boycotted Bud Light for an advertising angle, when Ronda Santis shit on Disney for going in a direction they thought was correct it was a great move. What am I missing here?

You aren't missing anything, you have MAGAT friends.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

You forgot that right wingers are hypocrites and they don’t really care about policy only that “their team” is winning. Think of them like sports fanatics x10. They’ll excuse a dirty player on their team because they help win games or whatever excuse they can come up with. It’s why when republicans get in to office and they blow up the debt you don’t hear anything about it from them. Or when a democrat is presiding under one of the best economic periods of our time they complain but as soon as “their guy” gets in and continues on the same path of economic prosperity, suddenly they are signing its praises.

You can’t have a rational conversation with a fanatic. It’s one small step away from being a cult (and I’d argue that magas are in a cult with trump as their leader based on what Trump says and how they respond).

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Is it that he's on the spectrum, or is he just an asshole?

I am no expert, but all of his behavior is him intentionally trying to hurt people based on a real or perceived slight. It's closer to narcissism honestly.
Spectrum. He truly believes the nonsense he spews. Common "tell it to earth", "tell it to the earth", that is of someone true believer in his own gaslightness. The realm of objective reality, what is good and fair, something that Elmo observes with 100% precision, this is the truth.

People have to realize that Elmo is not a real boy.

I can listen to a lot of what he talks about and be nodding yes yes yes yes but when he speaks of social constructs it's like someone took this brains out and swapped in a rotten egg. I think he tries/wants to be good but still "My pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci" comes out. Doesnt help his social role model is Joe Rogan.

Wanna bet this conversation has taken place?

Rogan to Dana White: Wanna bet I can get Elon to buy Twitter and fuck it up?

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
To recognize a double standard you need the cognitive reach to count to at least 2.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Ask your friends if they think woke speech is free speech and you should get a good insight into just how far their free speech absolutism extends.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
As I remarked to company on Thanksgiving, one of the few true things Elon has said this year since most of what he spouts is total bullshit, is that 'Tesla dug their own grave with the Cybertruck', because I think that could be what ends him at Tesla. Been following the release of it and it gets worse and worse. The one thing about that which Elon is still lying, it was not so much they, as HE. The Cybertruck is his dream and project.
Must of hired the guy that designed the AMC Pacer. Only people who like ugly odd things will buy it.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Their reasons for what they think.