Elon Musk calls one of the cave rescuers a Pedophile because he did not use his submarine.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 11, 2004
Well Musk is at it again. He's heading for a complete meltdown if he keeps this type of shit up.

What?

Brought electric cars into the limelight. People are on waiting lists to buy.

His rockets perform like something out of Iron Man.

He’s building crazy fast transportation methods.

Maybe his sub missed the mark, but I didn’t see anyone else going out of their way to try something.

Jobs got bailed out by MS. Fired from his own company and let’s face it Waz made Apple, Jobs refined and marketed it.

Musk got bailed out by rich friends and then the US government. Hell if it wasn't for Toyota and GM abandoning NUMMI plant Tesla would still be trying to figure out how to make electric cars in any meaningful capacity. And without that DOE loan, same thing. No Gigafactory, no Model 3, no Semi. I like Tesla and SpaceX as companies, I don't like Musk as a person. I hope he either seeks help or something because he is going to pose a real danger to screwing those companies up if he keeps acting like he has been. We're witnessing someone becoming completely unglued/unhinged, and that's going to start undermining the things his companies have done.

Musk is becoming startingly similar to Jobs. Both are raging dickheads that have success seemingly in spite of themselves, because they're somehow able to corral a talented group of people to create things.

Reactions: Zorba

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Honestly who cares. This is tabloid trash, Leave the guy alone we have bigger problems.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Well Musk is at it again. He's heading for a complete meltdown if he keeps this type of shit up.

Musk got bailed out by rich friends and then the US government. Hell if it wasn't for Toyota and GM abandoning NUMMI plant Tesla would still be trying to figure out how to make electric cars in any meaningful capacity. And without that DOE loan, same thing. No Gigafactory, no Model 3, no Semi. I like Tesla and SpaceX as companies, I don't like Musk as a person. I hope he either seeks help or something because he is going to pose a real danger to screwing those companies up if he keeps acting like he has been. We're witnessing someone becoming completely unglued/unhinged, and that's going to start undermining the things his companies have done.

Musk is becoming startingly similar to Jobs. Both are raging dickheads that have success seemingly in spite of themselves, because they're somehow able to corral a talented group of people to create things.

Tesla paid for the factory. Seems kinda pointless to argue some of this stuff because GM & Chrysler were also bailed out. Also, it’s basically a pattern of rich guys with power getting to their heads.

Thing I don’t get is didn’t Musk get off of Trump’s advisory board for this same type of Twitter activity?

I’m starting to dislike Musk a bit too after reading that they basically control the parts on Tesla’s and if you wreck yours they black lost your vin.

baydude

Sep 13, 2011
What is his damn motive in this? Even if he is sure the dude’s a pedophile, what does he has to gain if proven right? Maybe a little personal pride but he’s risking so much just for this bs. Why can’t he just drop it and focus on being a CEO of not one, but three companies?

Reactions: darkswordsman17

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
What is his damn motive in this? Even if he is sure the dude’s a pedophile, what does he has to gain if proven right? Maybe a little personal pride but he’s risking so much just for this bs. Why can’t he just drop it and focus on being a CEO of not one, but three companies?

It isn't a rational ploy. What happened was the guy said something critical about Musk's involvement with the rescue, and Musk couldn't stand being criticized, so he fired back with a baseless accusation. Sound familiar? Then he apologized, probably on advice from counsel and PR. It likely pained him to do that. Then he couldn't stand it any more so he took back the apology and doubled down on the accusation. Trump did exactly the same thing with regards to his comments about Charlottesville when he made his initial offensive comments, took them back and condemned racism on advice of his aids, then reversed himself again because he couldn't stand that they made him say racists were bad.

I'm not saying Musk is exactly like Trump, but the pattern of a rich narcissist who can't contain his worst impulses is pretty clear. I'm definitely less a fan of Musk after reading this story.

Reactions: Zorba