Elon Musk calls one of the cave rescuers a Pedophile because he did not use his submarine.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
What a douchebag, it has impacted TSLA stock today as well due to his childish petulant behavior because he did not receive a participation trophy. He continualy trys to inject himself in the rescue narrative

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44846945

In now-deleted tweets, Mr Musk had called Vern Unsworth a "pedo guy" after the cave expert ridiculed a mini-submarine built by Mr Musk for the rescue effort as a "PR stunt".

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
It is obvious that the cave was too narrow at points to make use of his tech.

His childish behavior on twitter should have everyone concerned for his companies.

Reactions: cytg111

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

His childish behavior on twitter should have everyone concerned for his companies.

The shitty performance of his companies should have his investors concerned. His erratic behavior on Twitter is nothing new, he routinely gets into fights with low-follower accounts for no apparent reason.

An individual with a job that is supposedly very demanding but somehow has tons of time to spend on twitter... sound familiar?

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
His PR attempt to get virtue signalling backfired and now he is digging the hole deeper. He should have offered to help fund the rescue by providing donations to help secure equipment and pay salaries. It would have been easy and would have paid lots of dividends. Instead he went about it the wrong way and now his ego is bruised and he is acting like a 4chan neckbeard throwing around pedo accusations to those who were actually involved.

This is not going to end well for Elon Musk, he better nip this in the bud quickly and now, offer an apology and maybe donate money to help pay for the costs and he could get out of this relatively unscathed.

Reactions: IndyColtsFan

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
The shitty performance of his companies should have his investors concerned. His erratic behavior on Twitter is nothing new, he routinely gets into fights with low-follower accounts for no apparent reason.

An individual with a job that is supposedly very demanding but somehow has tons of time to spend on twitter... sound familiar?

I think his companies do well enough, even if he adopts wild bet-the-farm strategies (like making a car that needed an incredibly risky production boost) to make things happen.

The problem, as I see it, is that he's not as mature as he should be, and the high stress of the recent Model 3 production run (where he sometimes spent 24/7 at the factory) doesn't help matters. In some senses he's like a less refined Steve Jobs: the same passion and unconventional thinking that helps him influence society is the same thing that makes him flawed as a person.

Reactions: paperfist

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
I think his companies do well enough, even if he adopts wild bet-the-farm strategies (like making a car that needed an incredibly risky production boost) to make things happen.

The problem, as I see it, is that he's not as mature as he should be, and the high stress of the recent Model 3 production run (where he sometimes spent 24/7 at the factory) doesn't help matters. In some senses he's like a less refined Steve Jobs: the same passion and unconventional thinking that helps him influence society is the same thing that makes him flawed as a person.

Musk is nothing like Jobs or other tech CEOs that, for all of their legitimately awful qualities, run or ran incredibly profitable companies. Musk is a charlatan that has survived on enormous amounts of idiot investor cash.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

SpaceX is doing "really well," but it is also not public, and for very good reason. no worthless shareholder would ever tolerate the type of expense and losses that go into this type of venture, which is why something like NASA is absolutely necessary. Technological progress and discovery at that level is wholly antithetical to market-based approaches.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Musk is nothing like Jobs or other tech CEOs that, for all of their legitimately awful qualities, run or ran incredibly profitable companies. Musk is a charlatan that has survived on enormous amounts of idiot investor cash.
I get Commodus' point though. Trump, Jobs, Musk... they all have a similar personality. A lack of empathy, thin skin and an unwavering belief in their own superiority regardless of external evidence.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

I'm not wholly convinced of that. Charlatans purposefully deceive people and frequently have no intention of following through on their promises; Musk clearly believes in what he's offering and has been striving for some kind of profit (the 5,000-per-week Model 3 manufacturing goal was crucial to making the car profitable for Tesla). Hundreds of thousands of people are driving Tesla cars; SpaceX has launched dozens of payloads into space.

As a businessman? Yeah, he doesn't compare well to Jobs in terms of crafting a sound business model. But there's a difference between not being very good at turning a profit and having no intention of turning a profit, and I don't think he fits into the second category.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006

What successful rocket company have you developed?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

I like Elon, his whole spacex mission statement resonates with me.. But he sounds to me like he might finally have met his stress limit.. The dude is stressed out and if he is real unlucky he found that stress relief in alcohol... Time will tell.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Guru

May 5, 2017
Really petty to call this guy a pedo with no evidence. Just because he lives in Thai as a foreigner doesn't automatically make him a pedo. Plus even if he is a pedo, but doesn't go around raping kids I don't see the big deal!

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com

What?

Brought electric cars into the limelight. People are on waiting lists to buy.

His rockets perform like something out of Iron Man.

He’s building crazy fast transportation methods.

Maybe his sub missed the mark, but I didn’t see anyone else going out of their way to try something.

Jobs got bailed out by MS. Fired from his own company and let’s face it Waz made Apple, Jobs refined and marketed it.

Reactions: Thebobo