Elizabeth Warren takes a DNA test. Trump lies about charity offer.

Page 25 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Consensus on heritage and lineage? Ill take it that you don't understand what you are reading. If you did, then how could you claim the Right is largely racist and not think that heritage and lineage matter to them.

Do you know what is being discussed?

So when you claimed, "if you don't think heritage and lineage matter then you are in the minority", wasn't pulled from your ass?

LOL go back to school dumb ass.

Reactions: UberNeuman

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
No, people like things and that is why you are here. I presented it as information rather than a justification for why to care. Is that really that hard to understand? I thought it was very simple and obvious.

Then again, you also took issue with the foundation of conservatism and asked me to data backing it up. How strange was that eh?

So you didn't understand the question or the context. Go it.

Fucking moron.

Reactions: UberNeuman

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
All, I just want to take this moment to say that I'm so happy to see Elizabeth Warren succeed. Elected to office, look at her! Running for president even! In America no one has special privilege based on race, hard work and dedication for your passion will get you there. Elizabeth Warren, a proud Native American is just another example of a minority succeeding in America.

Reactions: imported_tajmahal

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
So when you claimed, "if you don't think heritage and lineage matter then you are in the minority", wasn't pulled from your ass?

LOL go back to school dumb ass.

No, its not pulled from my ass. Again, its foundational. Do you not understand that? How do you measure diversity if you do not measure heritage and lineage? How can you be a conservative if you do not want to conserve and maintain heritage and lineage?

Do you understand what is being discussed? I'm worried you don't.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Like this trivial shit matters. Its just used to try and kill peoples chances. We shouldt care about this stuff. We should care about how good someone would govern the country.
This trivial sh!t does not matter, and yet it is the trivial sh!t that consumes the media cycles. Who do we blame for that? You’ve got Trump deflecting real sh!t while Democrats fall into traps of their own making.

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
Perhaps heritage and lineage do not matter to you, but, they matter to a great many on both sides. One side takes the position that heritage and lineage lend to the inherent values of the country. The other side thinks that heritage and lineage give insight and differences in thinking that lend to creative solutions.

If you do not think heritage and lineage matter, then you are in the minority.

I'll care more about heritage and lineage when my healthcare isn't going to the shitters, my annual salary is more in line with how much the ultra-rich are making, and I pay a helluva lot less in taxes because the ultra rich are finally pitching in with all loopholes 100% closed.

Also, I would be pretty confident that heritage and lineage is much lower on the list for everyday people than 1. Wages and wealth, 2. Healthcare, 3. Taxes leeched from them.

Reactions: dank69

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I'll care more about heritage and lineage when my healthcare isn't going to the shitters, my annual salary is more in line with how much the ultra-rich are making, and I pay a helluva lot less in taxes because the ultra rich are finally pitching in with all loopholes 100% closed.

Also, I would be pretty confident that heritage and lineage is much lower on the list for everyday people than 1. Wages and wealth, 2. Healthcare, 3. Taxes leeched from them.

Lower on the list maybe, but, for sure they matter. I would imagine you were being hyperbolic and did not actually believe that it did not matter to you.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I don’t see how she has a way forward rightly or wrongly now. I think she’s a smart lady but the R's have her perfectly branded now.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Doubt that the R's will choose the next Democratic president anymore than Democrats chose Trump.

Well, Hillary did focus her attacks on everyone other than Trump in hopes that he would get nominated. So in that sense, it could well be that R's influences whom the D's pick.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Well, Hillary did focus her attacks on everyone other than Trump in hopes that he would get nominated. So in that sense, it could well be that R's influences whom the D's pick.

How much impact do you think those attacks had?

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
How much impact do you think those attacks had?

Its hard to say. I mean, if Russia was able to influence people then I think Clinton's efforts had some impact as well. She and her team would not have done them if they did not believe it would work.

But, if I had to pull a number out of my ass, it would be single digit %.

Reactions: Bitek

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Its hard to say. I mean, if Russia was able to influence people then I think Clinton's efforts had some impact as well. She and her team would not have done them if they did not believe it would work.

Russia did not influence anyone.

But, if I had to pull a number out of my ass, it would be single digit %.

Zero is a single digit.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
You just claimed we should be concerned for the same reasons I'm in this thread. I'd imagine you know why I'm in this thread otherwise you wouldn't have said such a stupid thing. So now I'm asking you what that reason is.

How many pages of you being a little troll bitch will this discussion go? 2? 4?

Depends on how much Quibbler™️ bait is left out.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Russia did not influence anyone during the election? I think you will find that to be in opposition to most views of the situation.

The left is silly when it comes to collusion today. They cannot admit that Hillary was simply an unlikable traditional candidate that did not connect with the average American. Trump was nontraditional and won fair and square. The only think the smug left can do any more is pretend Trump colluded with the Russian and then the Russian stole voters' free will. It couldn't be all the fucked up shit Hillary has done over the years, her fake balloon face, Trump absolutely smashing her in the debates and at the Al Smith dinner, couldn't be the deleted emails, smashed phones, and deleted emails, couldn't be that there are bodies and corruption all around the Clintons... nope. It was the Russian. Impeach!

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Russia did not influence anyone during the election? I think you will find that to be in opposition to most views of the situation.

Anyway, going back to the original point, I think it's fair to say the Clinton's attacks on the rest of the Republican field were about as effective as her attacks on Trump during the GE campaign. I think it's also fair to assume that Republican attacks on Democratic primary candidates will have similar effect.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
The left is silly when it comes to collusion today. They cannot admit that Hillary was simply an unlikable traditional candidate that did not connect with the average American. Trump was nontraditional and won fair and square. The only think the smug left can do any more is pretend Trump colluded with the Russian and then the Russian stole voters' free will. It couldn't be all the fucked up shit Hillary has done over the years, her fake balloon face, Trump absolutely smashing her in the debates and at the Al Smith dinner, couldn't be the deleted emails, smashed phones, and deleted emails, couldn't be that there are bodies and corruption all around the Clintons... nope. It was the Russian. Impeach!

Congratulations you have mastered - Tolling 260 -
Congratulations you have mastered - Spreading Fake News 300

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

look how dumb you are.

Reactions: ivwshane

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
If the #1 thing is to take down Trump then shouldn't you care somewhat?

Stories like this coming out aren't good for her when it comes to a general election. Some people might not care but some people probably do and in general stories like this just aren't a good look for her.

Yep. She really fucked this up. Maybe she can come back, but I have major doubts. Too many other strong candidates.

I've said she's better off as a Senator anyway.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Sucks too because I think she’s he most intelligent of the bunch, but I don’t see how she recovers from this.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
I dont see how she can recover from this. Lied, then tried to prove it, then the proof showed her lying, then more proof where she tried to claim minority status when she did not deserve it. She is a very smart person, but really did some dumb things.

If she would have just said, I messed up and thought I was Native American based on what my family told me, but DNA proves I was not. I apologize to the Native American community. She would have been fine, and probably even better off than ever.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I dont see how she can recover from this. Lied, then tried to prove it, then the proof showed her lying, then more proof where she tried to claim minority status when she did not deserve it. She is a very smart person, but really did some dumb things.

If she would have just said, I messed up and thought I was Native American based on what my family told me, but DNA proves I was not. I apologize to the Native American community. She would have been fine, and probably even better off than ever.
You've regurgitated the Republican narrative very well. I'm sure Trump will give you your biscuit now.

BTW, did Trump ever make good on his word or he still a lying welcher?