Elizabeth Warren: A biography on how to lose an election

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
You guys realize this is America he's talking about, right? If he found plenty of reasons to hate women in politics then so do millions of voters. He's no worse an asshole than all the rest of us.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Fucking uppity women getting all uppity. Glad that bitch got pounded for acting all uppity.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Warren's biggest blunder was not running in 2016.
That was the window she had.

I get Joe not running on account of his son, but what was she doing?

2020 is proving a good portion of Bernie's support was actually anti Hillary votes.

If she ran a decently competent campaign then she very well could have won, and probably beaten Trump.

Now she walks home with nothing.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Warren's biggest blunder was not running in 2016.
That was the window she had.

I get Joe not running on account of his son, but what was she doing?

2020 is proving a good portion of Bernie's support was actually anti Hillary votes.

If she ran a decently competent campaign then she very well could have won, and probably beaten Trump.

Now she walks home with nothing.

I think her biggest mistake was actually presenting a plan on how she would pay for her policies. One of the rules of staying electable is not giving too many details to be criticized and picked apart for them.

It happened to Hillary, and Bernie in 2016 and now warren. We can see trump as an example of what happens when you don’t do details and you can see how Bernie was able to stay in the race with his details at a minimum.

It sucks but the reality is, Americans don’t do policies and certainly not policy details.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I think her biggest mistake was actually presenting a plan on how she would pay for her policies. One of the rules of staying electable is not giving too many details to be criticized and picked apart for them.

It happened to Hillary, and Bernie in 2016 and now warren. We can see trump as an example of what happens when you don’t do details and you can see how Bernie was able to stay in the race with his details at a minimum.

It sucks but the reality is, Americans don’t do policies and certainly not policy details.

It's unfortunate, but I think this nails it. Americans love emotional and chant worthy.

Feb 4, 2009

This is true, while I don’t think people aren’t interested in the cost of stuff. I think it is boring and tedious to go over specific details at the very beginning of a plan that we all know will be modified hundred or maybe thousands of times.
State a goal, have a rough but realistic outline how to get there. Don’t go way into the weeds talking about every. single. item.

Reactions: ivwshane

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Because Indians NEVER slaughtered other humans, or raped/enslaved women.

But hey - why use facts when you can just use your feelings instead? They were just nomadic and peaceful, right?
As a long Trump water carrier using "facts" as a defense is some high class irony. Congrats

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
This is true, while I don’t think people aren’t interested in the cost of stuff. I think it is boring and tedious to go over specific details at the very beginning of a plan that we all know will be modified hundred or maybe thousands of times.
State a goal, have a rough but realistic outline how to get there. Don’t go way into the weeds talking about every. single. item.

Yeah but you still have to answer basic yes/no questions even if you don't give specific details. Again Bernie had no problem saying "yes taxes will go up" when asked the same question that Warren dodged and he didn't treat it like it was a completely unfair or "gotcha" question like Warren seemed to do. That completely shattered any trust in anything else she said or how many details she provided. That's like meeting someone and them refusing to answer a question like "are you married," you'll start to question every other assertion the person makes since their honesty is suspect.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Yeah but you still have to answer basic yes/no questions even if you don't give specific details. Again Bernie had no problem saying "yes taxes will go up" when asked the same question that Warren dodged and he didn't treat it like it was a completely unfair or "gotcha" question like Warren seemed to do. That completely shattered any trust in anything else she said or how many details she provided. That's like meeting someone and them refusing to answer a question like "are you married," you'll start to question every other assertion the person makes since their honesty is suspect.

She couldn’t give a straight answer because an honest answer isn’t straight forward. She got caught because she couldn’t lie about it and she couldn’t explain the answer in a 5 second sound bite.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
She couldn’t give a straight answer because an honest answer isn’t straight forward. She got caught because she couldn’t lie about it and she couldn’t explain the answer in a 5 second sound bite.
some answers just require a YES or NO.....they don`t need explaining

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
At least she didn't blow $500M on this.

Oh and...
main-qimg-36537169948e781e5c51f7d6a1405408

WOMENS POLITISHUNS IS GONNA GITCHA!!!!

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Nope they never did. They were highly spiritual beings who spoke to the Great Father and crossed the barrier that blocks off the spiritual world becoming literally, birds bears wolves mountain lions etc. you know about astral travel right. Who with any real understanding would want to be like them? That’s all for fruit cakes, not the walking dead.
Have you ever been experienced?
Highly spiritual alright, paid with the right sacrifices of course.

The new research is slowly uncovering the vast scale of the human sacrifices, performed to honor the gods.

4DB3FEFB00000578-5893933-image-a-27_1530133222913.jpg

According to the new research detailed in Science, captives were first taken to the city's Templo Mayor, or great temple, where priests removed their still-beating hearts.

The bodies were then decapitated and priests removed the skin and muscle from the corpses' heads.

Large holes were carved into the sides of the skulls, allowing them to be placed onto a large wooden pole.

They were then placed in Tenochtitlan's tzompantli, an enormous rack of skulls built in front of the Templo Mayor, a pyramid with two temples on top.
best rated comment and most fitting for apologists and revisionists

"Yes, the Americas were truly a paradise with benign souls living out idyllic lives before the evil Europeans arrived "

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Highly spiritual alright, paid with the right sacrifices of course.

The new research is slowly uncovering the vast scale of the human sacrifices, performed to honor the gods.

4DB3FEFB00000578-5893933-image-a-27_1530133222913.jpg

best rated comment and most fitting for apologists and revisionists

"Yes, the Americas were truly a paradise with benign souls living out idyllic lives before the evil Europeans arrived "

Holy thread diversion in a shitty thread to begin with.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Did you just bothsides the genocide of American Natives?
I think he just wanted to poop on the fact that people have a deep seated need to imagine themselves in some sort of idyllic fashion, one of which is the silly pride people take in their ancestry, like is common among modern Americans to fancy they have Indian blood. Personally, I prefer the dreamers rather than the poop on dreamers type. At least one still retains some sense of the God within while the other has had that dream crushed and is left bitter by it. People also take pride in shitting on others but when light is cast on what they are doing it isn't quite so much fun.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I think he just wanted to poop on the fact that people have a deep seated need to imagine themselves in some sort of idyllic fashion, one of which is the silly pride people take in their ancestry, like is common among modern Americans to fancy they have Indian blood. Personally, I prefer the dreamers rather than the poop on dreamers type. At least one still retains some sense of the God within while the other has had that dream crushed and is left bitter by it. People also take pride in shitting on others but when light is cast on what they are doing it isn't quite so much fun.
Considering I can trace a family tree back to the Trail of Tears, I just wanted to know exactly how offended I was supposed to be by his comment.

Nov 8, 2012
Did you just bothsides the genocide of American Natives?

It's not a "both sides" it's "the full story" Dr. Toolbag.

Everyone in the politically correct left these days (going all the way up to fucktards that say we should get rid of Thanksgiving) have been acting like these Indian tribes were at all peaceful in anyway... Just playing banjos, drums, and humming tunes while doing cultural dances. They definitely weren't committing war crimes of their own - killing husbands of rivals, killing the children and making the women into sex slaves... No no never! :rolleyes:

It wasn't the case at all. Up until the very end (that you guys love to grasp as if it encompassed all of the conflicts) the colonists were dying AND losing at that. Back in the days "dur hur we have a musket that can fire 1 round every 20 seconds" you had on the other-side bows/arrows that could fire by the second.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
It's not a "both sides" it's "the full story" Dr. Toolbag.

Everyone in the politically correct left these days (going all the way up to fucktards that say we should get rid of Thanksgiving) have been acting like these Indian tribes were at all peaceful in anyway... Just playing banjos, drums, and humming tunes while doing cultural dances. They definitely weren't committing war crimes of their own - killing husbands of rivals, killing the children and making the women into sex slaves... No no never! :rolleyes:

It wasn't the case at all. Up until the very end (that you guys love to grasp as if it encompassed all of the conflicts) the colonists were dying AND losing at that. Back in the days "dur hur we have a musket that can fire 1 round every 20 seconds" you had on the other-side bows/arrows that could fire by the second.
Right, so bothsidesing genocide.

Well done, coward.

Nov 8, 2012
Right, so bothsidesing genocide.

Well done, coward.

Man the politically correct nut-cases really do have you guys shoving your head fully in your arse these days.

No one here is denying the slaughter of native americans. No one.

But you are denying that this was a battle. And that is just pure retard. This isn't leading Indians into internment camps and gasing them.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Man the politically correct nut-cases really do have you guys shoving your head fully in your arse these days.

No one here is denying the slaughter of native americans. No one.

But you are denying that this was a battle. And that is just pure retard. This isn't leading Indians into internment camps and gasing them.
So you're refuting that there was a genocide of the native american population?

Reactions: pmv

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Gotta love how everyone here is so partisan they can't even watch opposing viewpoints. Cognitive dissonance at its finest.

Carry on.

It's not the viewpoint as much as the medium.

I'm just not colluding with the laziness that won't put arguments in concise written form. It's arrogant to throw youtube videos at people, it's making them do the work because you (or the guy in the video) can't be bothered. It's not how this sort of conversation works.

I mean, if everyone here, instead of attempting to write grammatical sentences and post written comments in response to each other, just posted a video of themselves droning on, do you think the forum would work at all?

Also, I don't really care about a post-mortem on the Warren campaign. It's over. Most presidential campaigns are unsuccessful, I don't see that every one demands detailed analysis, failure in that endevour is the _norm_. She gave it a respectable shot, it didn't work out, the planets were not aligned. She didn't fail as amusingly or memorably as Bloomberg - that effort was downright hilarious. Talk about a damp squib or anti-climax.

I have a theory that her failure said something about how ideas about class and sexism interact, how the latter is refracted through the former - but it's not that interesting a theory really. Maybe I should turn it into a tedious youtube video?