Eliot Spitzer Involved in Ho' Ring?

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: palehorse74
DARI > My only question for you, at this point, is to ask: why did you even bother to get engaged?

Because I have no problem with it (marriage). Like I said before, I love my fiancee very much. She's gregarious and I prefer solitude. In many other ways we complement each other. You don't find someone like that everyday.

For the record, I've never cheated on my fiancee and I don't plan to. As mentioned before, I was simply thinking out loud. I know I'm not the first person to think about having sex with only one person for the rest of your life. What I don't appreciate is people persecuting this guy for cheating on his wife with a prostitute. If it was another woman that he fell in love with, I would be upset, but the lady's a whore. Give the guy a break.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Fern
Jebus, WTH is going on here?

I feel like I'm in the Love & Relationship forum, and the thread happens to have a politition's name mentioned every 20 posts or so.

Can I get some help fixing my car? Or maybe ask to see benchies on the new gfx card?

I was checking in here to see if there were any updates, on like the guy resigning or something equally OT to this thread.

Dari, at this point I'm forced to demand :camera: of your fiance or move for bannage. ;)

Fern

Sorry man:). Besides, if I post it, some nerd here will try to find her and give a link to this thread:laugh:. No need for the headache.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Dari
DARI > My only question for you, at this point, is to ask: why did you even bother to get engaged?

Because I have no problem with it (marriage). Like I said before, I love my fiancee very much. She's gregarious and I prefer solitude. In many other ways we complement each other. You don't find someone like that everyday.

For the record, I've never cheated on my fiancee and I don't plan to. As mentioned before, I was simply thinking out loud. I know I'm not the first person to think about having sex with only one person for the rest of your life. What I don't appreciate is people persecuting this guy for cheating on his wife with a prostitute. If it was another woman that he fell in love with, I would be upset, but the lady's a whore. Give the guy a break.

What you have avoided is answering the question I and others have asked.

Does your intended know that you have no problem cheating on her? What is her reaction to this, and if it doesn't bother her, then why should she be nervous when you are around her female friends?

I see that being honest with yourself is a priority. Somehow with your evasion I doubt you feel the same regarding honesty between yourself and her.

If it's so hard for you to comprehend what others are saying, I can ask a really easy question

Yes or no. Does she know that you may decide to have sex with other women after you are married, and you don't see this as an issue?

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Hayabusa Rider

What you have avoided is answering the question I and others have asked.

Does your intended know that you have no problem cheating on her? What is her reaction to this, and if it doesn't bother her, then why should she be nervous when you are around her female friends?

I see that being honest with yourself is a priority. Somehow with your evasion I doubt you feel the same regarding honesty between yourself and her.

If it's so hard for you to comprehend what others are saying, I can ask a really easy question

Yes or no. Does she know that you may decide to have sex with other women after you are married, and you don't see this as an issue?

I don't need to answer that question because I have no intention of doing it. I brought this up here because this forums is mainly frequented by men and I was wondering if others have had the same thought. I'm sorry for hijacking this thread but I thought that this would be as good a place as any to ask.

Sheesh, you guys are pressing me like a bunch of NOW lawyers.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Wow, if reports are true that it goes back 6-10 years, he is totally dead.

I would not doubt if they open up another investigation to see if he abused his power as the states AG to cover his tracks for so long.

This dude is going to have the book thrown at him.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
if I post it, some nerd here will try to find her and give a link to this thread:laugh:. No need for the headache.

Ahh so she doens't know. I see.

She doesn't need to know everything that goes through my head.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Wreckem

I would not doubt if they open up another investigation to see if he abused his power as the states AG to cover his tracks for so long.

Maybe. Politicians have more rights than most of us. It's entirely possible he's waiting to use his holding onto the office in return for a substantial plea bargain. It's not easy being impeached in NY. We protect our criminals in office

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006

Maybe. Politicians have more rights than most of us. It's entirely possible he's waiting to use his holding onto the office in return for a substantial plea bargain. It's not easy being impeached in NY. We protect our criminals in office

At a certain point you cross a line. The Feds are going to dig and dig until they can get him in a cell for awhile. I am sure stuff exsists. I mean he was already embroiled in Nixonian type "political" tactics.

Spitzer doesnt have many friends in NY. If he doesnt resign, he will get impeached. Either way I dont think the feds will let him off the hook with just giving up office.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Banks are required by law to contact the IRS over ANY suspicious financial activity, apparently it went on for over a year, investigations didnt begin until last Oct.

He got caught because he was structuring payments. You structure payments over and over again over the course of a year, you are going to get investigated.

A bank told the IRS, the IRS told the FBI. The FBI got him.

Spitzer was a prosecutor, one of the toughest and one of the smartest by all accounts. I just heard an explanation of how he got caught by bank software that analyzes ALL financial transactions looking for evidence of structuring, etc. The news piece mentioned that it was Spitzer that helped force the requirment that the banks use that type of software.

Maybe he had a momentary case of the stupids, but for now I'm looking at the origins of this case very skeptically.

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
I'm very disappointed in Eliot Spitzer. Not for getting caught in a hooker sting, but for paying $5K for a hooker.
WTF? You couldn't find a nice $2000 hooker? Who in hell pays that for a hooker?

And this is only a big deal because of what an asshole this guy is, and has nailed lots of rich and powerful crooks in NY. He has tons of enemies. With the number of rich assholes hiring hookers in NY, I am kind of suspicious that his name is the only one that has surfaced.

Sure glad that all of the money we're spending on homeland security is keeping us safe...from hookers.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Give the guy a break.

umm, no.

anyone who cheats on his/her spouse is a scum-sucking maggot. period.

I think the fact that he cheated on his spouse should be besides the point... that's their own private business.

but he pretty fragrantly broke the law.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: marincounty
I'm very disappointed in Eliot Spitzer. Not for getting caught in a hooker sting, but for paying $5K for a hooker.

And this is only a big deal because of what an asshole this guy is, and has nailed lots of rich and powerful crooks in NY. He has tons of enemies. With the number of rich assholes hiring hookers in NY, I am kind of suspicious that his name is the only one that has surfaced.

Sure glad that all of the money we're spending on homeland security is keeping us safe...from hookers.
I, for one, REALLY want to see a picture of some of these $5000 hookers... seriously!

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: loki8481
Give the guy a break.

umm, no.

I think the fact that he cheated on his spouse should be besides the point... that's their own private business.

unlike you, I desire integrity from my elected officials. I'm often let down, but I still believe that it's a reasonable expectation. So no, the cheating is certainly NOT "besides the point." The crimes are just the icing on the cake...

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Corn
Originally posted by: Perknose
Originally posted by: abaez
Can anyone clarify what the apostrophe in "Ho" shortens in the thread title? Hosiery?

Hoe. Garden implements are serious business.

Did someone say Hoegaarden? Love their tasty suds......

^^^^ Smarter than the average bear! :laugh:

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Give the guy a break.

umm, no.

O rly?

:p

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Corbett
I don't do any of those things either. But there are many who do. Thanks for the suggestion, but no thanks. I was just thinking out loud.

Well your "thinking out loud" shows some seriously flawed views on marriage if you are planning on getting married. You may not do them, but you ARE trying to justify those who do, which shows a serious problem.

The difference is that I can think about these things and talk to them with my fiancee. She knows that I'm very conservative when it comes to family but she also knows that I'm no purist. Those two statements aren't contradictory. If I think something, I will happily discuss it with others. The hypocrisy comes when you have men of "high standards" look aghast at my thoughts and call me all sorts of names. Then, lo and behold, they're doing some freaky shit behind everyone's back.

I don't claim to be perfect, just honest. And I don't like moralists telling me what's right and wrong when they don't hold themselves to higher standards. So, you guys can lambast me for my thoughts, but at least I have the gumption to display them for all to see. Heavens know what's in your closet.

Quit playing the victim card. Nobody attacked you. If you think cheating on your wife behind her back is a good thing, then good luck with your marriage. I never claimed to be on the moral high ground here but for you to claim that I am somehow not being honest with myself or others because I do not see cheating on her as an option is just rediculous.

Every man is tempted. Every man has fascinations. There is nothing wrong with that. Its how you deal with them that is the issue here. You suggest that acting on them with someone other than your wife is alright because you are only human. Well, I'd say if you go into marriage with that line of thinking, you should proabably express that to your finacee before you get married. It may save you lots of wasted time. If shes cool with that, then good for you, but judging from your dodging that question many times in this thread, I'm guessing she has no idea you feel that way about marriage.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong
It does not. It may shows flaws in YOUR viewpoints on marriage. Quit projecting what you believe to be the gold standard for what everyone else believes.

The fact that you can't see that what you are doing is just as bad as what you think he is doing shows a serious problem.

I don't think that it is right to sleep with other people either. That doesn't mean that he is wrong for believing the opposite. It just means that he is different. Good for him for having the courage to not cower down and conform to other's beliefs on such a mundane topic as monogamy if he and his fiance are in agreement on their viewpoint of the practice.

Moral Relativism FTL.

Like I said, if his fiance knew this is what he expects out of marriage, then fine. But I dont see how any self respecting woman can go into a marriage knowing full well her husband is eventually going to cheat on her.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Nebor
It's probably a lot like your world... just much, much more fun.

Yes, I'm sure cheating on your wife is fun for a few hours. But I'd rather not have to deal with the concequences of it.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Give the guy a break.

umm, no.

O rly?

:p

english is hard. :(

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

I, for one, REALLY want to see a picture of some of these $5000 hookers... seriously!

Why? Just go buy an issue of Playboy or Penthouse. ;)

I saw a little spot on the news this morning about how these hookers were charged to a credit card with billing names like they were a restaraunt. They are trying to say it wasn't to fool the cops, but to fool the wife.

Man, if I went out and spent $4000 on a fricking meal if the wife didn't kill me on the spot she would at least expect me to take her there so she could see how good the food was. I guess I have a hard time believeing that the wives don't know or at least strongly suspect what's going on.

That said, this guy needs to fry for this. His hypocrisy alone is reason enough, but he appears to be a total crook on top of it.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit

Man, if I went out and spent $4000 on a fricking meal if the wife didn't kill me on the spot she would at least expect me to take her there so she could see how good the food was.

Tell her to try the pie....it's almost criminal how good it is. :)

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit

Why? Just go buy an issue of Playboy or Penthouse. ;)

I saw a little spot on the news this morning about how these hookers were charged to a credit card with billing names like they were a restaraunt. They are trying to say it wasn't to fool the cops, but to fool the wife.

Man, if I went out and spent $4000 on a fricking meal if the wife didn't kill me on the spot she would at least expect me to take her there so she could see how good the food was. I guess I have a hard time believeing that the wives don't know or at least strongly suspect what's going on.

That said, this guy needs to fry for this. His hypocrisy alone is reason enough, but he appears to be a total crook on top of it.

1) As governor, I'm sure he has accountants handling the personal bills
2) He probably eats expensive meals, and picks up entire tabs, on a regular basis; and then writes them off as business expenses.
3) He's probably wealthy.
4) you're absolutely right about frying him for this. If he's found guilty of any crimes, I sincerely hope he ends up in jail... and broke... and divorced. :D

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Moonbeam you crack me up. So the great bleeding heart liberal condemns Eliot Spitzer for this?

If not, then whatever motivates you to take such venomous poison to my last post? You interested in nothing more than personal attacks?

I'm into snakes today but venomous poison? Geez, maybe you're over sensitive. You could be having an anaphylactic reaction to truth.

<- Hey Moonie, how YOU doin'? ;) :lips: