Eliot Spitzer Involved in Ho' Ring?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: 1prophet
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
Another "sin" that should be legal, along with soft drugs and euthanasia.

Stupid Flanders!

The fact that he's married with kids and cheated on his wife is more of a put-off than the ho-banging IMHO.

Is that considered cheating? He didn't love the whores. He paid for the sex. Just asking.

Ask the wife.

Well the vows said to love, cherish, and obey. It didn't say he couldn't have sex. This is something I've been thinking about for a long time. So long as he's not giving his heart to another woman, he isn't technically cheating. Besides, women care more about love than sex when it comes to relationships. Men are opposite.

Bill Clinton's definition of sex?

There is a difference between having sex and making love. But I'll drop this if it upsets people.

it didn't seem clear to me from reading the article whether he was involved with the administrative side or actually involved with a prostitute.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Yikes. If this was a republican, it would be a gay prostitution ring, but this is career-ending. His support in this state is not good anyway.

I think I would not have enough skeletons in my closet to ever be a good politician.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
The Times reported that a person with knowledge of Spitzer's role believes the governor is one of the men identified as clients in court papers.

So he is just a "john".

But Jebus, a hooker with a "7 diamond" rating makes $5,500 per hr?

If I was his wife I'm not sure which I'd most angry about, screwing the hooker or blowing that kind of money for it.

Fern

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
Another "sin" that should be legal, along with soft drugs and euthanasia.

Stupid Flanders!

The fact that he's married with kids and cheated on his wife is more of a put-off than the ho-banging IMHO.

Is that considered cheating? He didn't love the whores. He paid for the sex. Just asking.

Ask the wife.

Well the vows said to love, cherish, and obey. It didn't say he couldn't have sex. This is something I've been thinking about for a long time. So long as he's not giving his heart to another woman, he isn't technically cheating. Besides, women care more about love than sex when it comes to relationships. Men are opposite.

Bill Clinton's definition of sex?

There is a difference between having sex and making love. But I'll drop this if it upsets people.

it didn't seem clear to me from reading the article whether he was involved with the administrative side or actually involved with a prostitute.

You mean like this administrative side?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm confused as to whether he was a John or a Pimp? Either way he's screwed, but if he was a Pimp that would make this story more juicy and Darwinistic.

edit: uh, ok, he was a john. Too bad, was looking forward to all the Pimp Spitzer jokes.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: sandorski
I'm confused as to whether he was a John or a Pimp? Either way he's screwed, but if he was a Pimp that would make this story more juicy and Darwinistic.

Pimpin' ain't easy.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
If he steps down , then it will mean NY will have its first black governor.

All he said was "I acted in a way that violated my obligation to my family"
Then he said he would report back.

So dunno, what that means
He didn't even mention what it was that he had done wrong.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Fern
The Times reported that a person with knowledge of Spitzer's role believes the governor is one of the men identified as clients in court papers.

So he is just a "john".

But Jebus, a hooker with a "7 diamond" rating makes $5,500 per hr?

If I was his wife I'm not sure which I'd most angry about, screwing the hooker or blowing that kind of money for it.

Fern
It's ok. If you blow money to get blown, it's a double negative and a net effect of zero.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Modelworks
When he steps down , then it will mean NY will have its first black governor.

fixed.

I don't really see how he could not resign over this.

I don't think prostitution is immoral in and of itself, but it's pretty messed up when you've got a wife and kids and it's most certainly resignation-worthy to break such a major law as a sitting governor.

it's not like he's mayor of DC or something.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Its got to be the first apology that never mentioned what it was they were apologizing for.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Its got to be the first apology that never mentioned what it was they were apologizing for.

Please, please tell me you are joking.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: blackangst1
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong
Damned liberal media always attacking the good, wholesome Republi.....err......nevermind.

uh he's a Dem

That went right over your head, didn't it?

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Originally posted by: jman19

Please, please tell me you are joking.

:)

They charged $3k per hour +
Wife doesn't get that in a month !

'looks over shoulder'

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
How can a person who prosecutes certain crimes commit the same ones? He has helped break prostitution rings. Surely he saw how the people involved reacted.

I need pics of a 7 star hooker.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
I wonder if he will eventually come out and resign or if he is going to try and weather this storm.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Sinsear
I wonder if he will eventually come out and resign or if he is going to try and weather this storm.

NYC and NY state aren't the same thing. Most of the state will be looking to light torches and burn him out like Boris Karloff in the original Frankenstein.