• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Elijah McClain yet another black man killed by police

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I think the cops will go down for manslaughter here. Certainly for excessive force. There was no justification for even the stop, let alone the force which was applied subsequent to it.

The paramedics, I'm not sure. ME's report identifies a few factors as CoD. It seems the effect of the drug combined with the bodily stress of being choked. Did the paramedics know about the choking and physical stress? Was the dosage of K pretty standard under the circumstances? It seems like the death may not have been foreseeable to the paramedics.

Reactions: HurleyBird

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Join the club......that`s why qualified immunity needs to be abolished!
All a cop has to do is say -- I thought he had a gun.......or he was reaching for a gun......or i was afraid for my life.......several comments on the above...
#1 --- several years ago if a cop said - "I thought he had a gun" -- the cop would not be prosecuted for killing somebody!
#2 -- see number 1!!!
#3 -- if you are a cop and you are afraid for your life why are you F#$%KING cop???

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Yeah, I'm tired of lying cops who use the "he was grabbing for my gun" bullshit to justify their behavior. I'm glad they were charged.
aren't you like one of the resident fascist racists? your name is familiar.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I think the cops will go down for manslaughter here. Certainly for excessive force. There was no justification for even the stop, let alone the force which was applied subsequent to it.

The paramedics, I'm not sure. ME's report identifies a few factors as CoD. It seems the effect of the drug combined with the bodily stress of being choked. Did the paramedics know about the choking and physical stress? Was the dosage of K pretty standard under the circumstances? It seems like the death may not have been foreseeable to the paramedics.
I love to know what medical profession thinks giving a dissociative anesthetic in this situation is even slightly appropriate. Guy was sent to the planet of non ordinary reality in the middle of getting strangled to death.

Feb 4, 2009

To my understanding and figure may be slightly off.
Victim weighed 140 pounds and was given a dose of K for a 200 or 225 pound man.
To me this is a great example of how the cops got lazy. They figured out a way to prevent someone who looks like they can run fast from running fast, thus making it easier and less effort for them to catch him assuming he runs.
Teacher I had many years ago always said love the Police, pay the Police well and expect them to do their jobs and NEVER allow the Police to get lazy.

Juiblex

Sep 26, 2016
aren't you like one of the resident fascist racists? your name is familiar.
aren't you like one of the resident jobless gay retards? your name is familiar.

We do not condone the use of the 'R' word here.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
The cops didn't kill him, the paramedics did. Yes the cops were systemically raciest, and during COVID, you need to wear a mask, so wearing a mask under suspicion is sort of stupid as a defense. Also where is the body cam of him trying to go after the gun. There should of been multiple body cam's aimed at the person, which ultimately would be the final jury call if he did reach out of the gun. However again, its still moot, the cops did not kill him, the paramedics did. They probably thought it was better to pacify with a narcotic vs have him go though a emotional breakdown.

Also im fairly sure there are crash carts in the paramedic van.
So either someone pushed way too much beyond normal dosages, or they got the number wrong.
The two paramedics are being charged too, they said a most unusual circumstance on the TV news.

All those guys need to get convicted and put behind bars for a good spell. Cops, paramedics too, need to think they better not fuck up, be lazy, ignorant, vindictive, administering their own idea of punishment for fear of the legal apparatus crushing them. Those people all too often have the attitude that they can do what they want, the system will protect them, the police union will make sure they don't get prosecuted.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY