Elevator out of commission at work; people are MAD.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
This particular elevator was installed primarily for ADA (wheelchairs and whatnot) access coming up from the parking deck. It goes up about 1.5 stories next to a big set of stairs. It's been out for a couple days now and some of our better-fed employees are acting like it's the End of Days.

I would be lying if I said I didn't find this mildly amusing.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Put up a sign that reads

"Elevator is now working but due to this being national Health and Fitness month we will leave it turned off for your health."

Signed MGT

Lean L

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2009
Lol.... People are disappointing.

I remember once around a year ago, I came into work, the elevators were down so people were just standing in the lobby. I walked by disparagingly and took the stairs up *OMG* a whole 8 flights of steps... It's really not a big deal unless you actually are handicapped.

PaperclipGod

Banned
Apr 7, 2003
I'm pretty fat these days, and i lol'd. I'd prolly be one of the pissed off employees solely because i'd be sweaty by the time i got to work. And invariably, when i finally decide to make the best of it and use the stairs as an excuse to get in better shape, the elevator would get fixed... lol.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
We have a cargo elevator that breaks once in a while and people freak out. Even though it's not meant for general passengers. I'm really surprised how many people dislike stairs.

tokie

Golden Member
Jun 1, 2006
I'm shocked at how many people I see waiting for elevators that take 5 mins longer than taking the stairs.

These are the same people who will go to the gym to do cardio. Go figure.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
An elevator for 1.5 flights of stairs? LOL!

I work on the second floor of our building and go up and down probably 6 times a day. Never once have I taken the elevator.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Heh. I usually take elevators because of my exercise and not because of a lack of it. Years of running and basketball have wrecked hell on my knees and stairs really bother me. Especially the next day after a hard workout.

But I do have to shake my head at the laziness of some people that obviously could afford to burn a few extra calories hitting the steps.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
I'm shocked at how many people I see waiting for elevators that take 5 mins longer than taking the stairs.

These are the same people who will go to the gym to do cardio. Go figure.

Yeah, that's the other thing. When it is operational, this particular elevator is painfully slow. It only has two stops, yet it takes well over a minute for it to even open once you press the button. It's a complete pain in the ass.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
It's been out for a couple days now and some of our better-fed employees are acting like it's the End of Days.

We have some employees here that probably can not climb a single flight of stairs. If the elevator went out, they would most likely call in sick until it was fixed.

Personally, I take the stairs over the elevator every day.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
mgmt should put a box of krispy kremes in the middle of the stairway to end the complaints

Nov 29, 2006
We have fat people here at work that done even walk DOWN one flight ot stairs, let alone up. I call them "One Floor Fatties"

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
400_F_30524407_oeNosByePFgtGRautE8RM9EHzqjMTnu8.jpg

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Fat people are handicapped, more at 11.

NO. fat people are NOT handicapped. Please never say that. true handicapped people are well handicapped. Fat people can lose the fat and be fine.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
NO. fat people are NOT handicapped. Please never say that. true handicapped people are well handicapped. Fat people can lose the fat and be fine.

That they can recover from their handicap does not mean that a sufficiently large person is not handicapped. My father's parapalegic and even I can realize this.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
That they can recover from their handicap does not mean that a sufficiently large person is not handicapped. My father's parapalegic and even I can realize this.

there is a difference. getting into calling a FAT person handicapped and having people think that opens up a lot of bullshit. From them being able to get SSDI and such.

a FAT person is not handicapped and they never should be.

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
Lol.... People are disappointing.

I remember once around a year ago, I came into work, the elevators were down so people were just standing in the lobby. I walked by disparagingly and took the stairs up *OMG* a whole 8 flights of steps... It's really not a big deal unless you actually are handicapped.

Were they just waiting for the elevator to get fixed?