Elementary, my dear Watson, elementary =P (or, maybe the delete key should be removed)

Killbat

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
<rant attitude=&quot;evil plan&quot; border=2 bgcolor=&quot;#42fa5c&quot;>
I was called into action today as the household computer service guy. (three machines accessible by younger siblings makes sure I have plenty to do;)) It seems the family gaming rig (inferior only to mine:)) won't boot! What could be wrong? The &quot;C&quot; partition is active, the BIOS is set up correctly, what else could it be?... uh oh. :) A quick boot to floppy and a peek at the c:\ root directory reveals that it is, in fact, empty! :| Why do little brothers do such things? He says he deleted everything in the root because Windows98 told him that C: was low on space! There're 56 megs up for rent! WTF? In any case, I'm booting up the Windows2000 CD now. :D It's time to establish my position as PC Gestapo and violently remove his ability to install or delete anything on that computer! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!!!! :D:D:D
</rant>

Imaginer

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
hehehe :D

Tell him a thing or two about the inner workings of a computer in a simplified manner. Maybe that would help. ;)

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
i'm not sure i'd want to teach him anything simplified...those taht know a lil bit of info do the most damage often times:)

SufferinSuccotash

Jun 4, 2000
At least with Win2K you can give him permissions (or denials, as the case may be), to not delete any files but his own. HOORAY FOR BILL GATES AND MICROSOFT'S WONDERFUL PRODUCTS!