Elementary kid arrested for possessing a weapon

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
Is it liberalism, or just people being fucking idiots? Why do you idiots always have to spin everything into a political statement?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Is it liberalism, or just people being fucking idiots? Why do you idiots always have to spin everything into a political statement?

Ask the liberals. They started it.
Some of us never thought one of the amendments in the Bill of Rights would never be a lib/con issue, but now it is.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
btw, this whole thread is based on a false premise. The article specifically points out that we don't know if the person arrested was the 4th grader who brought the butter knife.

And there's apperently also a middle school on the same grounds.

So there's no way to know that anyone arrested was an elementary school student.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
If you pack a loaded weapon and take it to a school, you should get an automatic attempted murder charge.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Actually yes I am, and to be frank in school we conduct ourselves much better. I guess its cuz theres a professor guiding and moderating.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
What if he threatened to use a pencil as a weapon?

What elementary school have you been to in the last 5 years that allows pencils? Only blunt instruments are generally allowed now as a teacher can intervene and rush the attacker before any serious damage is done. One stab with a pencil and it is all over if it is well placed.

Leymenaide

Feb 16, 2010
Back in the '50s when I was this kid's age calling a butter knife a weapon would have gotten you laughed out of town. As I recall, you could carry a penknife as long as 3 fingers could cover the length of the blade. And I can't remember anyone ever getting stabbed with one.

I started carrying a pocket knife in second grade.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
btw, this whole thread is based on a false premise. The article specifically points out that we don't know if the person arrested was the 4th grader who brought the butter knife.

So there's no way to know that anyone arrested was an elementary school student.

Did you truly read the OP?

teacher alerted authorities after a fourth-grader at Albemarle Road Elementary brought a butter knife to class

A juvenile suspect was also arrested Tuesday on a weapons charge in the butter knife incident at the elementary school

I'm not sure what you are reading.

Last edited:

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
If you pack a loaded weapon and take it to a school, you should get an automatic attempted murder charge.

lol damn you're dumb and anti American. What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand? If only some had guns these psychos shooting up schools going class to class for 15min would have been stopped dead in their tracks.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
It must have been painted black and looked like a military assault knife.

Seriously, what if one of the kids picked up a knife at the cafeteria and stuck it in his pocket, would he/she get into trouble too?
Well, no. But it COULD have been painted black easily enough. So it was really a military assault knife disguised by not painting it black - which obviously reveals the intent to hide it until this fourth grader could run amok. Thank G-d some idiot - er, I mean conscientious government employee saved us from another Columbine.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

Are you assuming the arrested juvenile was a lurking butter knife dealer, or using the Mumia Abu-Jamal defense and alleging cops showed up and made a random arrest? Or is this one of those situations where we can never know anything until government tells us?

The mind, she is blown.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Did you truly read the OP?

I'm not sure what you are reading.

I read the whole article. It specifically says they don't know who was arrested.

hypothetical..

1.4th grader is bullied or threatened by older child.
2.next day the 4th grader brings a butter knife to school, older kid(s) bring bb gun.
3. teacher discovers butter knife, sends 4th grader to principal.
4. 4th grader tells principal about bullying.
5. principal investigates middle school students who did bullying, discovers bb gun.
6.principal notifies police.
7. middle school bullies arrested.

This fits all the facts in the article, and there's no elementary school kid arrested. And nobdoy arrested for having a butter knife.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
I read the whole article. It specifically says they don't know who was arrested.

hypothetical..

1.4th grader is bullied or threatened by older child.
2.next day the 4th grader brings a butter knife to school, older kid(s) bring bb gun.
3. teacher discovers butter knife, sends 4th grader to principal.
4. 4th grader tells principal about bullying.
5. principal investigates middle school students who did bullying, discovers bb gun.
6.principal notifies police.
7. middle school bullies arrested.

This fits all the facts in the article, and there's no elementary school kid arrested. And nobdoy arrested for having a butter knife.

This just proves you are making shit up as you go.

BOTH were arrested. You are UNEBELIEVABLE. There's no indication in that entire article that a 4th grader was NOT arrested. I am flabbergasted you could come up with some fucking retarded nonesense that you did.

BB gun was incident later, a few days later. They wouldn't 'elaborate' on EITHER arrest.

Jesus dude WTF are you smoking?

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
This just proves you are making shit up as you go.

BOTH were arrested. You are UNEBELIEVABLE. There's no indication in that entire article that a 4th grader was NOT arrested. I am flabbergasted you could come up with some fucking retarded nonesense that you did.

BB gun was incident later, a few days later. They wouldn't 'elaborate' on EITHER arrest.

Jesus dude WTF are you smoking?

From the article..

"But it was unclear whether the 4th grader who brought the knife to class was the one who was charged, because CMPD and CMS officials declined to comment."

Sorry to burst your bubble but you have jumped to conclusions that are not substantiated by your source.

And another thing. The butter knife incident happened Feb. 8th. But both arrests took place "Tuesday", meaning Feb. 12th.

So the fact that the arrest for the bb gun happened on the same day as the other arrest, which was not the same day the 4th grader brought the butter knife to school, means its likely there's a link to the two incidents and/or there's more to the story that we don't know.

Which means its entirely possible that all "authorities" behaved responsibly and did nothing out of the ordinary that deserves to be ridiculed.

Or maybe they did. But we can't tell from this story.

Last edited:

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
From the article..

"But it was unclear whether the 4th grader who brought the knife to class was the one who was charged, because CMPD and CMS officials declined to comment."

Sorry to burst your bubble but you have jumped to conclusions that are not substantiated by your source.

And another thing. The butter knife incident happened Feb. 8th. But both arrests took place "Tuesday", meaning Feb. 12th.

So the fact that the arrest for the bb gun happened on the same day as the other arrest, which was not the same day the 4th grader brought the butter knife to school, means its likely there's a link to the two incidents and/or there's more to the story that we don't know.

Which means its entirely possible that all "authorities" behaved responsibly and did nothing out of the ordinary that deserves to be ridiculed.

Or maybe they did. But we can't tell from this story.

You have got to be a moron. Do you know the difference between 'charged' and 'arrested'? There is enough evidence in the article to know that BOTH were arrested but do NOT know which was charged. I won't argue that they may be some correlation between the two but that's only speculation. To deny the fact that they were arrested at all is just mind blowing.

WOW!

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
You have got to be a moron. Do you know the difference between 'charged' and 'arrested'?

Try some research before posting.

Several stories have been on TV all over the place for kids from Kindergarten to fifth grade getting arrested and led away from class in handcuffs.

This country is raising kids that will traumatized forever from this insanity.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You have got to be a moron. Do you know the difference between 'charged' and 'arrested'? There is enough evidence in the article to know that BOTH were arrested but do NOT know which was charged. I won't argue that they may be some correlation between the two but that's only speculation. To deny the fact that they were arrested at all is just mind blowing.

WOW!

There's no info in the article about who was arrested or charged or that the author thinks there any distinction.

Since you're so sure what happened, why was the butter knife reported on the 8th but the arrests occurred on the 12th ?

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
There's no info in the article about who was arrested or charged or that the author thinks there any distinction.

Looks like I was right. You are a moron. The article is very clear and you keep insisting on bullshit as your argument. I have no patience for that shit.

Since you're so sure what happened, why was the butter knife reported on the 8th but the arrests occurred on the 12th ?

Who cares? Why are you basing your argument on speculation? Jesus dude who dropped you on your head?

Fucking troll somewhere else, dick.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Looks like I was right. You are a moron. The article is very clear and you keep insisting on bullshit as your argument. I have no patience for that shit.

Who cares? Why are you basing your argument on speculation? Jesus dude who dropped you on your head?

Fucking troll somewhere else, dick.

Your personal insults don't matter to me, they're just a reflection on your character and the character of your family.

Your response about me speculating is nonsensical. My point is you are stating facts about what happened based on an article that specifically says they didn't have that information.

Its not a question of you being wrong, I'm saying you are assuming facts that aren't there.

My hypothetical wasn't presented becasue I think its true, its presented as an example of a scenario that could be true based on the article and is not consistent with your conclusion which you present as a fact.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Your personal insults don't matter to me, they're just a reflection on your character and the character of your family.

Your response about me speculating is nonsensical. My point is you are stating facts about what happened based on an article that specifically says they didn't have that information.

Its not a question of you being wrong, I'm saying you are assuming facts that aren't there.

My hypothetical wasn't presented becasue I think its true, its presented as an example of a scenario that could be true based on the article and is not consistent with your conclusion which you present as a fact.

I'm sorry but its you who does not have the ability to read the article and take it for what it is. You have nothing but speculation. Take your trolling ass somewhere else as you haven't a leg to stand on.