Question Electromagnetic waves & PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbobbob

Aug 31, 2016
I am sure 100% that housemate always waiting until I TURN ON COMPUTER or laptop...

Because housemate may have some kind of device/peripheral, which 'detecting' devices( computer or laptop ) who is TURNED ON.

Once housemate 'finds' turned on computer, attemps to use/break/interference my computer electromagnetic waves.

Resulting:
explorer.exe crashing too often;
computer will get more likely to shut down for no reason;
if I would connect to wifi or LAN, multiplayer gaming experience is horrible ( lagg spikes );

I am planning to invest some money, and surround computer with aluminum folia, multi aquarium's full of water... and similar stuff ( expecting it helps ), who would break any kind of electromagnetic waves, who reaching my computer.

Any tips to solve this in reliable way. Negotiating with house mate is invalid here.

bobbobbob

Aug 31, 2016
Drivers installiation/optimization. Viruses. Firewall.
I have no problems with them, nor with BIOS too.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
See a shrink or move out. Sheesh.

(For those that think I'm being rude or unhelpful, please see this OP's previous threads on this subject.)

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
There is a difference between detecting signal and creating interfering signal.

Wi-Fi traffic can be easily detected and interfered while in Air, but if you shield Wireless Antennae you lose the wireless connection too

Creating the level of Electronic interference that can influence the inside working of PC components’ will probably interrupt the people around and make them sick before it interrupts computer's inside components.

:cool:

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
see this OP's previous threads on this subject.)

This one? ;)

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/laptop-wrapped-in-tin-foil.2559424/

I guess the "situation" has gotten worse though as they are moving up from aluminum foil to "multi aquarium's full of water... and similar stuff".

I still think this user should build a "safe room", or more specifically go all out and build a Faraday Cage:

https://science.howstuffworks.com/faraday-cage.htm
https://www.sciencealert.com/a-tale...day-cage-to-stop-customers-using-their-phones

bobbobbob

Aug 31, 2016
Wi-Fi traffic can be easily detected and interfered while in Air, but if you shield Wireless Antennae you lose the wireless connection too

:cool:

It would be fine for me. Its most important to 'block' signal, while I suspect its not wifi signals.

This one? ;)

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/laptop-wrapped-in-tin-foil.2559424/

I guess the "situation" has gotten worse though as they are moving up from aluminum foil to "multi aquarium's full of water... and similar stuff".

I still think this user should build a "safe room", or more specifically go all out and build a Faraday Cage:

https://science.howstuffworks.com/faraday-cage.htm
https://www.sciencealert.com/a-tale...day-cage-to-stop-customers-using-their-phones

It do not went worse. It is the same state as it was ~ 5 years ago.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Resulting:
if I would connect to wifi or LAN, multiplayer gaming experience is horrible ( lagg spikes );

The correct solution, is to:
Clean out your PC, the dust bunnies, etc.
Re-seat your RAM.
Possibly re-install thermal paste between the CPU and heatsink.
Run some Memory (RAM) tests, some drive (HDD and/or SSD) tests, and some stress-tests (to check PSU and temps).

Not:
Imagine your roommate or aliens or whatever are "shooting electromagnetic waves into your PC causing it to crash".

At least in the USA, we have "FCC certification", which essentially mandates that most PCs be housed in a grounded metal chassis, essentially forming a Faraday cage around the PC. Which keeps EMF out, as well as keeping the EMF from the PC inside.

In short, get your PC properly diagnosed, and it wouldn't hurt for you to get diagnosed, either. You might consider taking vitamin supplements.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
Build the cheapest desktop computer you can, or buy an old working one from a thrift store. Leave it on all the time. Your room mate won't be able to tell when you turn on your regular desktop or laptop, since you always have the cheap computer running.

Examples of "Decoy" computers:

https://www.amazon.com/ACEPC-T8-x5-Z8350-Graphics-Computer/dp/B07D9YX3W6

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Optiplex-980-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B07D4R1X72

Tell your room mate to contact the department of defense.

The DOD would pay a lot of money for a cheap method to interfere with the operation of computers.

The police department would also like a cheap way of interfering with engine computers to stop car chases.

DOD will hire him and he'll leave.

Last edited:

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
OP just wants to prove that he is still alive after 5 years of constant electromagnetic wave attacking.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000

I would love to be a fly on the wall in that house. It seems like it would be way more interesting than any drama on TV. :p

If it were me, and I really felt like a roommate was doing anything you posted about here in any of your threads, I would get a new room mate, and not worry about this stuff for 5 whole years. I have to say at this point I'm not sure if you're having a bit of fun at our expense, but if you truly believe what you have said, you need to get a new roommate (or get your own place) like yesterday.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
I would love to be a fly on the wall in that house. It seems like it would be way more interesting than any drama on TV. :p

If it were me, and I really felt like a roommate was doing anything you posted about here in any of your threads, I would get a new room mate, and not worry about this stuff for 5 whole years. I have to say at this point I'm not sure if you're having a bit of fun at our expense, but if you truly believe what you have said, you need to get a new roommate (or get your own place) like yesterday.

Either he's trolling or the problem is himself i.e. irrational paranoia. It's not the roommate. lmao

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Either he's trolling or the problem is himself i.e. irrational paranoia. It's not the roommate. lmao

It could happen. ;) Haven't you seen the movies such as 'Single White Female' and 'The Cable Guy'? Maybe the OP let the roommate hook him up with free cable. :p

bobbobbob

Aug 31, 2016

You can't choose roommate, if forced to live with parents, due 400 wage/month. Even not in position to make any demands. "Your problems; Suit yourself;"

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
You can't choose roommate, if forced to live with parents, due 400 wage/month. Even not in position to make any demands. "Your problems; Suit yourself;"

So you live with your parents? Are they the ones who you think are attacking your PC?

Feb 4, 2009
I am sure 100% that housemate always waiting until I TURN ON COMPUTER or laptop...

Because housemate may have some kind of device/peripheral, which 'detecting' devices( computer or laptop ) who is TURNED ON.

Once housemate 'finds' turned on computer, attemps to use/break/interference my computer electromagnetic waves.

Resulting:

I am planning to invest some money, and surround computer with aluminum folia, multi aquarium's full of water... and similar stuff ( expecting it helps ), who would break any kind of electromagnetic waves, who reaching my computer.

Any tips to solve this in reliable way. Negotiating with house mate is invalid here.

Dude I’m with @VirtualLarry and I’m not trying to be mean.
Think about what you are saying, someone in the house who likely is realated to you has some sort of super secret contraption that messes with your PC plus somehow they are capable of detecting when you power your PC on.
That’s a pretty elaborate plan with a bunch of failure points, likely be simpler to just turn off the WiFi.
Also why would a relative or someone who loves you do such a thing.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
I think these delusional people should probably be banned from the board. We can't help them, and if we say the wrong thing...

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
I think that the Thread is Not any more of a technical Value.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.