Electric Razors?

Panther

Oct 9, 1999
I saw a non-electric razor thread a couple of weeks ago so I figured what the hell, and seeing as my trusty brAun is dying I'd appreciate some recommendations.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Who told you? :)

I have tried many regular razors and the Mach 3 has been the best.. I don't care for electric razors..

Buddha Bart

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I use some cheapo $35 electric razor.. i think from remmington. I don't like it one bit, but there's no way I trust myself to take a razorblade and run it all over my face.

bart

chansen

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Simple. If you're dating, use a blade. Once you're married, go electric. If you're married and don't work in an office, why shave?

Craig

Panther

Oct 9, 1999
there's gotta be one good electric out there?

B.B. yeah, I know the feeling, I still get the creeps if I'm ever using a blade right on my throat... I've seen too many movies not to be worried :)

BiB

Banned
Jul 14, 2000
Chansen is right. I have a mach3, but the blades are so overpriced I find myself using disposables.

Croton

Banned
Jan 18, 2000
well, since i have to shave twice a week, my mach 3 blades last about half a year.
and i'm 21.

asian....................................................no hair!

Tonec

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2000
Former Norelco user here, does an adequate job if you don't mind having to run the razor in circles on your face. The Mach3 is far superior. Blades are a bit overpriced but you can just buy in bulk at Costco and its not too bad

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have used several electrics, even some pretty expensive ones, and nothing compares to a blade. Plus in boot camp we weren't allowed to use an electric razor so I got back into the blade habit. Haven't used an electric now for over 8 years.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
I used to use an old Braun 213 electric razor but now I'm strickly a Mach 3 user.

Cheers,
Aquaman

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
I use a Norelco myself. I forget the name of it, but it's the blue one with the goo spout :)

Closer than any razor I've ever used. But getting around the neck area can be tricky with it...

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I got a norelco reflex action razor for my birthday. It's actually pretty close, although if you haven't shaved in a while, it might take longer than usual to get it done. But, if you use it every day, it's pretty good, because it's less irritating after you get used to it, and it's pretty smooth, on par with a razor shave a couple hours after shaving. I usually get weird razor burn with a razor, so this it pretty slick.

Panther

Oct 9, 1999
aha, I knew there had to be some electric razor users out there! Thanks for all the recommendations... seems like Norelco is the way to go.

Sparky Anderson

Mar 1, 2000
I use a crappy old Braun. I'd use a blade, but how long does it take? It just seems like it would take longer, and I'm generally pushed for time in the mornings.

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
Hmm....I love my Braun. It was their tip-top of the line model when I bought it like 3 years ago or so. I bought it when Best was going out of business in my area. Even at half-price it was still pretty expensive.

HomerSapien

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2000
I bought one of Panasonics Linear Razors. 13,000 rpm. Incredibly smooth shave and doesnt hurt my over sensitive face too much wehn i use it everyday. With my mach 3, i cant shave near as often (major razor burn), but it is much smoother.

Supposedly, some of the wet/dry razors tend to give a closer shave. Not sure if that is true or not.

Wingnut

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
I've got three words for electrics...Ingrown neck hairs!! I use the cheap Bic disposables which work just fine. I replace them every 3 days or so. Those Mach 3's scare the piss out of me, especially around the sharp angles.:Q The design takes some getting use to but damn do they shave close...too close!

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
To of the line Norelco's aren't bad...however...I'm asian too. The last time I shaved is..*hmm...take away for, remainder 13...multiplied by 2* I think about 1 month ago. Even then, I only did it with the electric razor because I had one whisker on my chin. I like Razor's though...my face feels nekkid after a good shave. Voyeurism at its finest. HAHA

Anyways...do electric razors really cause ingrown hairs? If so...to hell with em!

Daedalus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I use an old Norelco too. Works great. I replaced the blades once every year or so. The key is to use a pre shave splash like Williams Lectric Shave or just talc your face a little first. Do this before your shower. Beats buying lots of blades and I hate Bics. Major face tears! Sensors are ok and never tried a mach 3.

Orbius

Golden Member
Oct 13, 1999
We may not be able to agree on which electric razor is the best, but can we all agree that Schick disposables are useless?

Wangel

Banned
Mar 30, 2000
I got one of those new Norelco razors last Christmas. I thought it was really cool with the lotion coming out. I do have a few problems with it.

1) The lotion is too darn expensive. Required me to have a large bottle of lotion on the counter and to pour it on the razors head.

2) I didn't like to color of the lotion. I would have prefered clear, or some other color.

3) I worry about what will happen when the batteries go dead in the shaver. Since you can't operate the razor with a cord, if the batteries go out, the razor is then probably junk. This is unlike the older Norelcos that were both cord/cordless.

4) After you use your razor and wash it off, and then return it to its stand, what do you think happens to the excess water that drips off the razor? It collects through the charger onto the counter. If you haven't moved the charger base for some time, you will be surprised!

5) I have a bit of a problem with greasing something, and then trying to get a close shave. The lotion tends to make your face real soft after a while. I don't know about you, but my wife likes me a bit tough. She doesn't like 'jello' cheeks.

Nater21

Jun 20, 2000
MACH 3 is the way to go. Incredibly smooth. What is the best way to avoid ingrown neck hairs??? And once you have one, how do you take care of it? I just use a very thin sewing needle and stick it right underneath the hair and pop it up, then I shave it off. Anyone with a better idea???