electric problem

Ahmadovich

Feb 5, 2014
hey,guys

sorry for posting in this category but I couldn't know which category to post in

we had a problem at home electricity because the volt gone high for a bit of time , so all lamps exploded and some electric devices gone corrupt

at this moment ,my pc was shut down but the PSU was ON and was connected to an electric extension which was connected to an outlet

after this I tried to turn on the pc but it didn't turn on

so I removed the PSU and tried it on another PC which works fine but didn't work that time.

therefore, I will get a new PSU .but I wanna know would this accident affect other components like GPU or Mobo or Ram ?

thanks in advance

Last edited:

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Power surges can affect anything connected and ON. In such an environment, I would protect my sensitive electronics with UPS or stabilizing transformers.

Ahmadovich

Feb 5, 2014
Power surges can affect anything connected and ON. In such an environment, I would protect my sensitive electronics with UPS or stabilizing transformers.
I understand
but the question is " , would the power surge affect my Mobo, GPU and other components if the computer was off but the PSU was ON and connected to outlet ?"

Blain

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I understand
but the question is " , would the power surge affect my Mobo, GPU and other components if the computer was off but the PSU was ON and connected to outlet ?"
Best answer, without physically testing your components.
"would"... maybe
"could"... yes
With an event as you've described, prepare yourself for a bad outcome.

Last edited: