Elderly Man Licking Wounds After Cat Attack

HawkeyeNJ

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2001
Elderly Man Licking Wounds After Cat Attack
July 13, 2001 7:43 am EST

QUEBEC CITY (Reuters) - An elderly Canadian man was said to be recovering on Thursday following a savage attack by his pet cat, which drew four carloads of police, two ambulances and an animal control officer.
The National Post newspaper said Gerard Daigle, 80, lost a pint of blood and required stitches after his cat Touti, a diminutive roughly meaning Tiny, launched a frenzied attack after Daigle, who was apparently giving his pet parrot a shower, inadvertently sprayed the cat with water.

Daigle, who lives in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, halfway between Montreal and Quebec City, could not be reached for comment on Thursday. The newspaper said he was saved by his 81-year-old wife who wrestled the cat away, only to have it turn on her.

"The cat wanted to eat her, too," the paper quoted Daigle as saying.

The couple managed to chase the cat into the bedroom and slam the door. Police responded in force because they thought they were dealing with a domestic emergency.

It is not known why Daigle was giving his parrot a shower.

Aihyah

Banned
Apr 21, 2000
no, even birds need to clean every once in a while:p

to die alone, eaten by your cat, the horror:) heh reminds me of bridget jones fearing being eaten by dogs:)

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The stupid part about this story was all the animal rights nuts complaining how the cat was "traumatized" by the old man getting it wet, and that it was put down because it had psychological problems . . .

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
That must have been on F*CKED UP cat for it to attack after being sprayed by water.. I splash water at my cat sometimes and it either just runs away or stares at me funny. Maybe it's plotting its revenge, I don't know..

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I know what really happened . . .

"Oh, I'm sorry, kitty. Don't be mad that I used your litterbox . . ."

Anna Farris, Scary Movie 2

HawkeyeNJ

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2001

<< I know what really happened . . .

&quot;Oh, I'm sorry, kitty. Don't be mad that I used your litterbox . . .&quot;

Anna Farris, Scary Movie 2
>>

ROTFLMAOPIMP !

Mavrick

Mar 11, 2001
From the interviews I saw on tv (local tv), there is no parrots involved here. The man just started the shower while the cat was sleeping in the bathtub. Since it was the second time that this thing happend to the cat (it liked to sleep in the bath), the cat got really scared and attacked the man.

The police also said that there was so much blood in the bathroom that they thought his wife tried to murder her husband...

Anyway, the poor cat was finally killed...