Question EK waterblock jet plates

OlyAR15

Oct 23, 2014
Anyone have experience with EK waterblocks that use jet plates? I just received their newest Quantum Velocity block for LGA 1700. It rattles. Basically, the jet plate is a bit smaller than the cold plate, allowing it to move. Now, I'm not planning on shaking my computer, but I wonder if it might still rattle slightly when the water is moving through it. This is my first waterblock that utilizes a jet plate, so I don't know if this is just something that is expected from such a setup.

Here are a couple of short videos of the issue:

Rattling EK Block

Jet plate

I "fixed" it by sticking a thin piece of plastic between the jet and cold plates.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
thats normal.. there should be an oring under the top cover that sits ontop of the injector plate, if it doesn't have one, its fill fine as water goes in the path of least resistance.
The jet plate doesn't need nor should it entirely cover the pin matrix as water needs to escape.
Also looking at fluid mechanics the water will be center pushed in though the injectors at the middle and forced though the sides.
It wont go the other way around, as that has more restriction then going right down the center and out the sides, and water flows in the path of least resistance.

Last edited:

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
It's going to rattle uninstalled right out of the box and doesn't need to be "fixed". Once it has a constant flow, the plate will not move as the pressure from the inlet will force it against the fins.