Info [Einstein@Home] New apps for app_info

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
I was resuming Einstein project today and noticing there are three new apps called:
1. einstein_O2AS20-500
2. einstein_O1OD1I
3. einstein_O2MDF

So far, I only receive a bunch of einstein_O2MDF "Gravitational Wave search O2 Multi-Directional GPU 2.02 (GW-opencl-ati)" which as far as I can tell is more power-sipping than the traditional hsgamma_FGRPB1G "Gamma-ray pulsar binary search #1 on GPUs v1.22 (FGRPopencl1K-ati)". I will update more if I get more information.

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
The results has arrived. For sprint, it's better to stick to old apps (hsgamma_FGRPB1G and hsgamma_FGRP5) because they pay much better than newer einstein_O2MDF, well at least on AMD GPU. I suspect this newer app is optimised to CUDA/nVidia GPU because its power consumption is similar to other CUDA-optimised projects (SETI, Folding, etc).

Oh, another thing with this new app is it's more heavily relied on CPU (similar to other CUDA-optimised project as well) than older apps so better single-core CPU performance is necessary.

Screenshot_2019-11-24 Tasks for your account Einstein Home - 2.png
Screenshot_2019-11-24 Tasks for your account Einstein Home.png

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeTony

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Well this is odd. I decided to replicate your experiments, but now Mjolnir is stuck receiving only the new apps, despite numerous updates to my preferences, and even worse, it continues to send tasks even after setting the client to "No New Tasks".
  • I made sure my preferences said "No" to "Allow non-preferred apps: "
  • I made sure Mjolnir is set to the default profile
  • I updated to a beta Manager, I still get tasks.
  • I removed the project, and then attached the project, set it to no new tasks, aborted the batch it fetched, and...I still get new tasks.

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
That explains why I get incoming tasks even though I only set it for 1-day vault since Friday and I'm still far away from completing all remaining tasks.

After reading admin's post, I dump all remaining tasks and switch my machine back to milkyway.

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Well this is odd. I decided to replicate your experiments, but now Mjolnir is stuck receiving only the new apps, despite numerous updates to my preferences, and even worse, it continues to send tasks even after setting the client to "No New Tasks".
  • I made sure my preferences said "No" to "Allow non-preferred apps: "
  • I made sure Mjolnir is set to the default profile
  • I updated to a beta Manager, I still get tasks.
  • I removed the project, and then attached the project, set it to no new tasks, aborted the batch it fetched, and...I still get new tasks.
Are there perhaps two clients running in the same directory?
ps -f -C boinc,boinc_client | cat

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Are there perhaps two clients running in the same directory?
ps -f -C boinc,boinc_client | cat

No.

I think moderator Gary at the above posted link is probably spot on with his diagnosis of the problem, minus the part about me "making wild accusations" and "polluting Technical News" with my post. What a rude dude. :oops:

Reactions: ao_ika_red

Howdy

Nov 12, 2017
No.

I think moderator Gary at the above posted link is probably spot on with his diagnosis of the problem, minus the part about me "making wild accusations" and "polluting Technical News" with my post. What a rude dude. :oops:
Reminds me of the fellow @ the Folding forums