Egypt Air Crash Fuels Anger Toward Israel

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Lets see if this story gets legs with the mainstream media. Conspirecy theory's abound in the middle east. They are rarely playing with a full deck.
If it is valid,we will know in the next few days.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I WOULD put this past them. I don't think either party is an angel in this matter but I doubt israel would screw its reputation any harder by causing civilian casualties in this manner. Big difference between people on an airplane and civilians throwing rocks at your soldiers.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Keep the 12 year old boys off the street and teach them that throwing rocks at guys with guns can be hazerdous to your health!:disgust:

Frenchie

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 22, 1999
But Israel already killed civilians...even 12 year old boys!

403: try rereading Skoorb's post....

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000

<< 403: try rereading Skoorb's post....

>>

I did. I am saying that since Israel already killed a 12 year old old Civilian, it would
not be too far of a stretch to think that Israel would apply it's civilian killing techniques
to other areas. Never assume...as a lawyer, you should know that.

Frenchie

Oct 22, 1999
That is right, don't make assumptions. One should not assume that just because soldiers defended themselves from (life-threatening) bodily harm by killing the &quot;civilians&quot; that were committing the attacks, that Israel would sanction the destruction of an airline full of civilians which were not attacking them.

Wangel

Banned
Mar 30, 2000

<< But Israel already killed civilians...even 12 year old boys! >>

What is the age limit for killing someone when they are trying to kill you?

somethingwitty

Golden Member
Aug 1, 2000

<< I am saying that since Israel already killed a 12 year old old Civilian, it would not be too far of a stretch to think that Israel would apply it's civilian killing techniques
to other areas
>>

If arafat hadnt closed the schools to send children (like the unfortunate 12 year old) out as targets so they can die and help turn public opinion against Israel this wouldnt have happened.

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000

<< That is right, don't make assumptions. One should not assume that just because soldiers defended themselves from (life-threatening) bodily harm by killing the &quot;civilians&quot; that were committing the attacks, that Israel would sanction the destruction of an airline full of civilians which were not attacking them. >>

You aren't referring to the 12 year old &quot;rock throwing&quot; arab boy are you?
It's laughable to think that a 12 year old boy armed with rocks is a serious
life threat to a fully armed (and well protected) adult soldier.

Yes rocks can be deadly, but in the above situtation, I think their are easier ways
to avoid the &quot;deadly rock throwing 12 year old boy&quot;.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Personally I believe the airliner was sabbotaged by the Hamas in order to point the finger at Isreal in rather ridiculous stories.

Regardless of who you believe is at fault in the latest escalation of violence in Isreal--if any credibility is wished for by the palastanians in airing their grievances and lobbying for international support then I suppose that they should start behaving as civilized indivduals. My cat is more civilized then the barbaric mob which stomped the life out of 2 soldiers last week. They gleefully waved their bloody hands in the air in a psuedo gesture of victory while tossing the bodies out the window to be stomped by the barbarians in the street. Yep, civilization at it's finest.

I also find it rather disturbing that the parents of these &quot;12 year old rock throwing boys&quot; allow their children to be placed in danger such as they are. What kind of parents allow their children to be placed in harms way like this? More than likely they are parents whose main priority is not the safety of their children. Yep, civilization at it's finest.

It's been my experience that when people behave like animals, they tend to be treated as such. Just something to think about.

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000

&quot;I also find it rather disturbing that the parents of these &quot;12 year old rock throwing boys&quot; allow their children to be placed in danger such as they are. What kind of parents allow their children to be placed in harms way like this? More than likely they are parents whose main priority is not the safety of their children. Yep, civilization at it's finest.&quot;

...What kind of parent would send them to the US school to be gun down by their 12 year old class mate?

I'm sure that most parent in Isreal or the US don't want this kind of atrocities to happen to their children, but the world is a cruel &amp; unpredictable place.

Frenchie

Oct 22, 1999
403: The moral of the story is simple...Dont throw rocks at armed soldiers. Period. Noone gets hurt that way.

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000
Frenchie: how about this moral, don't shoot people that aren't a deadly threat (i.e. the 12
year old rock throwing boy)

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
403Forbidden, it's not like a soldier purposely aimed at the boy! He was caught in a cross fire (maybe arafat shouldn't have closed schools?!) and how do we know for certain that an Israeli shot him? What if it was a Palestinian!? Ya know, the Palestinians aren't just rock toting rioters, a good percentage do have machine guns!

Frenchie

Oct 22, 1999
403: Would you prefer mace? Stun guns? What? Most militarys eqip soldiers with firearms and not non-lethal weapons. Although the rock MAY not kill the soldier.... What about all those that get injured? What about the one case where the soldier is killed?

loogie

Banned
Oct 18, 1999
It was a hostile situation. Ideally, the kid should not have been there. And ideally, the shooter should have been more careful. But, it wasn't an ideal situation. Sh!t happens. It is ridiculous for me, or almost anyone else here for that matter, to judge an event that happened half a world away, in an entirely different environment from what we encounter daily.

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000
Frenchie:

<< 403: Would you prefer mace? Stun guns? What? Most militarys eqip soldiers with firearms and not non-lethal weapons. Although the rock MAY not kill the soldier. What about all those that get injured? What about the one case where the soldier is killed? >>

I'd prefer less trigger happy Israli soldiers. Whats the body count now for the past few days? 200+ dead Palestinians compared to the few dead Isralies (25 dead Isralies max).

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

<< ...What kind of parent would send them to the US school to be gun down by their 12 year old class mate? >>

LMAO, uhh, ok I'll bite. Taking your children to school in the US is every bit as dangerous as allowing your children to throw rocks at armed soldiers with itchy trigger fingers......not.

<< I'm sure that most parent in Isreal or the US don't want this kind of atrocities to happen to their children, but the world is a cruel &amp; unpredictable place. >>

Cruel and unpredictable is the way the world is, but allowing your children to throw rocks at soldiers is cruel in itself. Parents that allow or encourage this to happen are sick......hmmmm, maybe it's Darwinianism at work, who knows.

Society is judged in how they treat their children, I judge the parents of the &quot;rock throwing 12 year old boys&quot; to be unfit. While a schoolyard shooting is tragic, it is unexpected. Throwing rocks at armed soldiers invites tragedy.

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999

<< I'd prefer less trigger happy Israli soldiers. Whats the body count now for the past few days? 200+ dead Palestinians compared to the few dead Isralies (25 dead Isralies max). >>

Hey, way to embellish, its ~100 palestinians and about 15 Israeli soldiers. You want it to be even numbers of dead? That is not only sick but completely unrealistic. If that were the case we'd still be fighting WW1, granted, with about 1000 men on each side. Life ISN'T fair, and war is ESPECIALLY unfair, so until those &quot;little boys&quot;, who are mostly 15+ and are ENCOURAGED by their parents to chuck rocks at ARMED SOLDIERS, there WILL be casualities. No, I'm not Ehud Barak, but I KNOW that will happen. If they would stop throwing the damn stones (btw, these stones are about 4 inches long w/ a 3 in diameter (they showed some on the news), these are not little pebbles, these can easily kill a man!) they wouldn't be shot at! Its NOT THAT HARD TO FIGURE OUT!

Trigger happy israeli soldiers...thats funny, how about rock happy palestinians? :|