Eggs thrown at bridgeport utility workers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
How do you know how they were directed? Because a class-war-faring mayor told you? Or do you work in the utilities logistics division?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Excuse me, CPA, if you had any reading comprehension, I told you the same thing happened to me at least twice. As I watched Utility executives deploy their utility workers first to small wealthy suburbs to help the very few wealthy, while ignoring the fact they could and should have helped a greater number of less affluent first.

As I ask most on this thread, where does your assumptions come from that utility executives are NOT biased rat finks? And that utility executives ALWAYS deploy their resources in an unbiased manner? And that must be true because a few angry hotheads take their Mis directed anger out on the innocent repair crews. And even more compelling in your argument is the fact that even if only a few throw eggs, everyone in Bridgeport is equally guilty.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
I say restore power everywhere else first and then return after say another week to restore their power. If they throw more items make them wait another week. Eventually they will get the idea that throwing things at the workers cost them in the long run.

this ^^^^^^

Just so long as no innocent victims of the storm die due to the delay.

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I ask most on this thread, where does your assumptions come from that utility executives are NOT biased rat finks? And that utility executives ALWAYS deploy their resources in an unbiased manner? And that must be true because a few angry hotheads take their Mis directed anger out on the innocent repair crews. And even more compelling in your argument is the fact that even if only a few throw eggs, everyone in Bridgeport is equally guilty.

Even if this is true (i wouldn't doubt it) it still makes no sense to attack the very people who are trying to help you. These guys had no choice in where they were sent to repair.. go attack the rich executives houses if you want some payback not the blue collar guys working out in shit weather on dangerous power lines.