Question Eero suddenly blocking Minecraft and Fortnite?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I have Frontier 1gig fiber which comes with a pair of Eero devices. Everything was working fine until this morning when my daughter tried to play Minecraft. Unable to log in to her Microsoft account for it. Still able to play as a guest or whatever. (I don't play minecraft at all so I'm not sure how to describe it.)

I tried my other daughter's laptop and she had the same issue. I wrote it off as Microsoft having authentication issues and told them to just play something else for a while.

A few hours later and they tried Fortnite. Epic store is slow. Fortnite has trouble running. Keeps getting stuck checking for updates. When they manage to get into the lobby, they are unable to play BR. Matchmaking keeps failing.

It's now been almost 12 hours. Minecraft still can't authenticate. I've been through every setting in the Eero app. Everything is still set to defaults (except for wireless credentials of course). Any ideas wtf is going wrong or how I can troubleshoot further? I've rebooted both eeros, the fiber box, the frontier router. Nothing fixes the issue.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Yeah this isn't on their end. This is an issue with my network or ISP. I also forgot to mention I tried to load Fortnite on the Nintendo Switch and that also does not work. One of their friends who lives down the street can play Fortnite with no problems. Not sure who he has for a service provider though.