Educate yourself

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
What you are, Caddy, is a wind up robotic fensing machine. We put in a nickle and watch you refute any point. Mr. Robo Rebuttal at your service.

Nah - It's just fun to see people squirm sometimes :D I think alot of what is wrong in America today is that people don't know how to make up their mind and look to others to make their decisions and opinions for them. I certainly am NOT a robot - You just mistake my decisiveness as being such. It's all in your perspective though. How's that mirror moony?;)

CkG
I once had a boss who prided himself on being decisive. He was completely incompetent. He loved to make decisions -- now -- whether he had enough information, whether his information was accurate, whether he needed to make a decision then or not. And, once he made a decision, he stuck to it no matter how much new information was presented. He was decisive, you see, and decisive people stick to their decisions, no matter how bad they might be.

He first got into IT as a VB programmer, and, like everyone else, he played with PCs at home. He therefore considered himself an expert on enterprise-level applications and infrastructure. He had no actual technical experience at that level, but that didn't deter him. Any time a decision got escalated to his level, we could count on him making a poor one. He cost us several million dollars in wasted effort and equipment.

My staff hated him, of course. I did my best to keep decisions away from him, but that has its own dangers. I finally caught on to the trick to manipulating him: get his ear first. Nine times out of ten, he latched on to the first thing he heard. Much easier to make quick decisions that way.

Hmmmmm. There's a moral to that story, Bow. I wonder if anyone will notice? Nah.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
DMCowen,

RoboCAD is the one with the positronic brain not moonbeam... moonster uses everyone else's brain because in there every one else is much more familiar with the goings on.... When they look AND see.. :)

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Talon - did you think you were going to get any "good" replies by posting this?:p It's just the way the liberals work here on the forum - they can't stand someone who has a definite stance on things and obviously they hate anyone who supports Bush. They call names (the newest being - YABA
rolleye.gif
), pick on spelling, and make up wild accusations to throw at Bush et al. Hopefully someday they'll wake/grow up and realize that sometime War is necessary at times and that Bush isn't this big evil monster they view him as.

Good luck overseas - don't let the whining few get you down. It's like Bow said - they don't really hate you - they just want your mission to fail so they can dance up and down and say "I told you so". Look at the threads here - they are setting themselves up to do just that. One day they will realize that we are doing the right thing.
Good luck and God speed.

CkG
More lies from the resident YABA in chief. It's just the way the Bush-lite apologists work here on the forum - they can't stand someone who is well-informed and thinks independently, and obviously they hate anyone who questions Bush-lite. Hopefully someday they'll wake/grow up and realize that they've mindlessly swallowed every lie and distortion and distraction thrust upon us by the Bush-lite regime.

One day they will realize that we "liberals" (i.e., anyone they disagree with) are doing all we can to save this country from the gullible fools and the partisan bigots who would sell this country into hell just because their party's nominee assures them he's on a mission from God. One day they will realize that we are the true patriots. One day they will realize we were right, that unilaterally invading and occupying a Muslim country is a criminally stupid way to pretend to reduce terrorism.

The problem is they've invested all their mental capital in worshipping that man and cannot bear any uncertainty that shakes their dearly-held delusion. They are the blind sheeple who stand by while America is raped and pillaged and sold to the highest bidder. They are liars and hypocrites who claim to love America while they attack her founding principles. They are the vampires of democracy, thriving in a dank underworld of ignorance, intolerance, arrogance, deceipt, and greed, cowering at every bright ray of truth that pierces their fog.

They are pathetic.

Talon - see? :D;)

CkG
Because it's so much easier to blindly dismiss someone than to actually think about, or even respond to their ideas.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Talon - did you think you were going to get any "good" replies by posting this?:p It's just the way the liberals work here on the forum - they can't stand someone who has a definite stance on things and obviously they hate anyone who supports Bush. They call names (the newest being - YABA
rolleye.gif
), pick on spelling, and make up wild accusations to throw at Bush et al. Hopefully someday they'll wake/grow up and realize that sometime War is necessary at times and that Bush isn't this big evil monster they view him as.

Good luck overseas - don't let the whining few get you down. It's like Bow said - they don't really hate you - they just want your mission to fail so they can dance up and down and say "I told you so". Look at the threads here - they are setting themselves up to do just that. One day they will realize that we are doing the right thing.
Good luck and God speed.

CkG
More lies from the resident YABA in chief. It's just the way the Bush-lite apologists work here on the forum - they can't stand someone who is well-informed and thinks independently, and obviously they hate anyone who questions Bush-lite. Hopefully someday they'll wake/grow up and realize that they've mindlessly swallowed every lie and distortion and distraction thrust upon us by the Bush-lite regime.

One day they will realize that we "liberals" (i.e., anyone they disagree with) are doing all we can to save this country from the gullible fools and the partisan bigots who would sell this country into hell just because their party's nominee assures them he's on a mission from God. One day they will realize that we are the true patriots. One day they will realize we were right, that unilaterally invading and occupying a Muslim country is a criminally stupid way to pretend to reduce terrorism.

The problem is they've invested all their mental capital in worshipping that man and cannot bear any uncertainty that shakes their dearly-held delusion. They are the blind sheeple who stand by while America is raped and pillaged and sold to the highest bidder. They are liars and hypocrites who claim to love America while they attack her founding principles. They are the vampires of democracy, thriving in a dank underworld of ignorance, intolerance, arrogance, deceipt, and greed, cowering at every bright ray of truth that pierces their fog.

They are pathetic.

Talon - see? :D;)

CkG
Because it's so much easier to blindly dismiss someone than to actually think about, or even respond to their ideas.

Actually you supported my post quite nicely, so there is no need to continue.:D

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto,
Mata ah-oo hima de
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto,
Himitsu wo shiri tai

You're wondering who I am-machine or mannequin
With parts made in Japan, I am the mod-ren man

I've got a secret I've been hiding under my skin
My heart is human, my blood is boiling, my brain I.B.M.
So if you see me acting strangely, don't be surprised
I'm just a man who needed someone, and somewhere to hide
To keep me alive-just keep me alive
Somewhere to hide to keep me alive

I'm not a robot without emotions-I'm not what you see
I've come to help you with your problems, so we can be free
I'm not a hero, I'm not a saviour, forget what you know
I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control
Beyond my control-we all need control
I need control-we all need control

I am the modren man, who hides behind a mask
So no one else can see my true identity

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto, domo...domo
Thank you very much, Mr. Roboto
For doing the jobs that nobody wants to
And thank you very much, Mr. Roboto
For helping me escape just when I needed to
Thank you-thank you, thank you
I want to thank you, please, thank you

The problem's plain to see: too much technology
Machines to save our lives. Machines dehumanize.

The time has come at last
To throw away this mask
So everyone can see
My true identity...
I'm Kilroy! Kilroy! Kilroy! Kilroy!

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
It's the Styx song, Mr Roboto. Sorry, forgot to include the song credits. :D

I'm stuck with Mozart. Actually listening to "The bold fenian man" by the Clancy Bros. When I read that and the words of that sorta contra tempo to the song I was listening to.. :) Ahhh peace... and the "theme from the Molly Maguires" ... :D

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: LunarRay

I'm stuck with Mozart. Actually listening to "The bold fenian man" by the Clancy Bros. When I read that and the words of that sorta contra tempo to the song I was listening to.. :) Ahhh peace... and the "theme from the Molly Maguires" ... :D

Actually, I contributed to NPR and am getting a 10 CD set of the complete sonatas of Beethoven as a perk. I aspire to me musically educated. :D

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith

Actually, I contributed to NPR and am getting a 10 CD set of the complete sonatas of Beethoven as a perk. I aspire to me musically educated. :D

Beethoven's sonatas can put tears in the eye Some of Mozart's piano concerto's too. Mozart puts joy. Bach... well... I think of Ireland's cathedral in Armagh and the pipe organ.. But, of them all, Beethoven's 9th and Mozart's operas Marriage of Figaro, Die Zauberflote and Carl Orff's Carmina Burana are my favorites. Well.. Mozart's dark opera too, I suppose.

BTW I'm listening to Beethoven's C minor piano and violin sonata, I think no. 7 opus 30 or so.. Makes you want to be calm and serene.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith

Beethoven's sonatas can put tears in the eye Some of Mozart's piano concerto's too. Mozart puts joy. Bach... well... I think of Ireland's cathedral in Armagh and the pipe organ.. But, of them all, Beethoven's 9th and Mozart's operas Marriage of Figaro, Die Zauberflote and Carl Orff's Carmina Burana are my favorites. Well.. Mozart's dark opera too, I suppose.

Yes they can - good stuff to have playing in the background or to just sit and enjoy. Sometimes though, some really good crushing Metal is in order;):D Both infest my cd case.

CkG

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
CAD,
I have to use earphones.. no one else likes it... go figure. I like other stuff too but just as long as it sounds good. Alice's Resturant goes good during reading your posts.. :D and CCR and The Doors too.. just to remember when.. :D