Edmunds Full Test: 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
very nice.

i wonder if it has GPS, since the Korean version does have GPS, along w/ A/V inputs.

Ktulu

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2000
nice, the interior is a little weird to me, not bad just weird.

Aug 23, 2000
Hyundai can eat a sh!t sammich.

My mom took her Elantra in to 2 different dealers because she noticed a small oil leak at the front of the engine, and also realized that she was topping off the oil to much. (She checks her oil when she gets gas). Both dealerships said, it's normal to put in that much oil, (2qt between full oil changes) and that the oil on the front of the engine was from her spilling it when she topped it off.
I looked at it and it was a bad valve cover gasket. I took the car in and told them what it was and they said, oh no it's not that, it's what we told your mom. After dicking around with them for months, I said screw it, i took it to a local shop where I trust the guy and he said, the valve cover gasket is bad.
I took the car back to the dealer and told them to replace it, and they said, oh well you're outof warranty now, you're over the miles. I blew up at them and had several(many) harsh words for them and was threatened with them calling the police and such.

I had my guy change the gasket, and he just charged me for the $3.00 part and a case of beer.

F the Korean car makers.

Nissan worked on my old Spec V when it was out of warranty just because it was my 3rd Nissan in a row. So know that the Hyundai was totaled last week, I'm getting my mom a Versa.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski
F the Korean car makers.

Sounds like you have dealer problems, not Hyundai problems.

The reality here is that you're ragging on Hyundai for a bad gasket (that cost you next to nothing to fix).

Viper GTS

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004

My mom took her Elantra in to 2 different dealers because she noticed a small oil leak at the front of the engine, and also realized that she was topping off the oil to much. (She checks her oil when she gets gas). Both dealerships said, it's normal to put in that much oil, (2qt between full oil changes) and that the oil on the front of the engine was from her spilling it when she topped it off.
I looked at it and it was a bad valve cover gasket. I took the car in and told them what it was and they said, oh no it's not that, it's what we told your mom. After dicking around with them for months, I said screw it, i took it to a local shop where I trust the guy and he said, the valve cover gasket is bad.
I took the car back to the dealer and told them to replace it, and they said, oh well you're outof warranty now, you're over the miles. I blew up at them and had several(many) harsh words for them and was threatened with them calling the police and such.

I had my guy change the gasket, and he just charged me for the $3.00 part and a case of beer.

F the Korean car makers.

Nissan worked on my old Spec V when it was out of warranty just because it was my 3rd Nissan in a row. So know that the Hyundai was totaled last week, I'm getting my mom a Versa.

I had similar problems at an Acura dealership when I used to have an Acura integra. I'm not about to blame Acura for it though.

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Hyundai has some bad dealers, some questionable products and some questionable business practices.

My Dad took them to court and won because of the above statements.

Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
F the Korean car makers.

The reality here is that you're ragging on Hyundai for a bad gasket (that cost you next to nothing to fix).

Viper GTS
I agree, he should be ragging on Hyundai for a faulty valve cover gasket that went bad as the warranty ended. Now that is a reason to avoid Korean car makers.

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004
Originally posted by: KnightBreed
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
F the Korean car makers.

Viper GTS
I agree, he should be ragging on Hyundai for a faulty valve cover gasket that went bad as the warranty ended. Now that is a reason to avoid Korean car makers.

I drive like a granny, and right after my warranty ended on my Acura, the transmission needed to be replaced and the rear brake assembly slipped off (I'm not a mechanic, but that's the best description I can give).

Even cars considered the most reliable can have problems. Of course, I'm willling to accept that Hyundai is less reliable than Acura, but I also think Hyundai is really starting to put out solid products. People used to look at Toyota the way they look at Hyundai now.