edit: newsflash: Meteor-shower-watching and A.D.D. do not mix

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
DAMN!!! SO MANY WATER DROPLET SIZED METEORITES HERE!!!

and they even feel like water too...

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Kiyup
Originally posted by: JC
It's clear, but the moon is full this year. So you don't need to stress about dark skies as much as last year.

?????

So, you think that the full moon will make it easier to see the meteors??

:confused:

Sorry, I forgot how many simple minds are on these forums.

Last year:

You had no moon. If you could get to really dark skies it's worth it since there's nothing to wash the fainter meteors out.

This year:

There's a full moon which equates to suburbian skies from a large city. Since rural areas will not benefit much more than a suburban area there is no need to travel hours if you live in a suburban area, since the benefit is markedly less than last year.

hey, no name-calling here...
anyways, I see your point here, but from stndn's link it still worth the trip to mountaintop for a better view.
. Although Moon light will lower the sky limiting magnitude everywhere, it will do so more in downtown where there is much more dust in the air. The full Moon will cause a much brighter sky downtown than it will do high in the mountains

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Heh, good luck trying to see it in Chicago. All I see are reflected lights, and it's been overcast for the past three weeks (or so it seems). Oh, well.

SoylentGreen

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: andylawcc
Originally posted by: JC
It's clear, but the moon is full this year. So you don't need to stress about dark skies as much as last year.

?????

So, you think that the full moon will make it easier to see the meteors??

:confused:

Sorry, I forgot how many simple minds are on these forums.

Last year:

You had no moon. If you could get to really dark skies it's worth it since there's nothing to wash the fainter meteors out.

This year:

There's a full moon which equates to suburbian skies from a large city. Since rural areas will not benefit much more than a suburban area there is no need to travel hours if you live in a suburban area, since the benefit is markedly less than last year.

hey, no name-calling here...
anyways, I see your point here, but from stndn's link it still worth the trip to mountaintop for a better view.
. Although Moon light will lower the sky limiting magnitude everywhere, it will do so more in downtown where there is much more dust in the air. The full Moon will cause a much brighter sky downtown than it will do high in the mountains

Darnit! I SAID

Suburban areas to rural. Not mountaintop to downtown.

Second of all, I wonder where stndn got that link from.

stndn

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2001
if you should wonder, i got the link from here
(does not frequent ot that much ... oh well, maybe i shouldn't)

TNTrulez

Banned
Aug 3, 2001
You have a forbidden word in your message post. Please click the back button in your browser and remove this word from your post. The words that are forbidden are highlighted for you.

any one of you going to watch the Meteor shower?
SHIETZ one more hour? You got to be kidding me.