Economy forcast to grow in 3rd & 4th Quarter

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Vic
Still no new jobs, rising consumer debt for the 1st time in any recession in modern history, "disinflation" is still a threat, and long term rates rising. Good luck on that recovery.

long term rates are only rising because they have been so low for so long. What do you expect, they will hit negative territory :confused:

Jan 12, 2003
"Seems like the spinning works both ways, because it seems to me that the current downturn has been caused by a reduction in investment and in corporate spending... NOT consumer spending"

It seems to me you read too many columns in the NYT's business section. What facilitates a decrease in 'corporate spending'?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
It seems to me you read too many columns in the NYT's business section. What facilitates a decrease in 'corporate spending'?
I don't read the NYT, John...
rolleye.gif

In this case, a reduction in capital investment with corresponding stock price reductions.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
I don't read the NYT, John...
rolleye.gif

In this case, a reduction in capital investment with corresponding stock price reductions.

This is a decrease in corporate spending.
A facilitator among other things is inventory build, cost of funds increase, alternate demands on the funds, Attitude toward economic conditions are a few, I'd think.