Echoes of Nazi Germany?

thereds

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2000
Afghanistan is one messed up place. I don't see why there would be that many Hindus there anyway. Either those are the extremely poor Hindus who can't make it to India or some real rich ones who are making a killing there in Afghanistan. I suppose this does have a feel of Nazi Germany but nothing to worry about since they really don't have much power except with the fundamentalists.

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
That's attrocious...but I guess it's what you get when you live in a hardline Islamic state.

Elledan

Banned
Jul 24, 2000

<< But Wali said the decision is in line with Islam, ?Religious minorities living in an Islamic state must be identified,? he said. >>

I say we do something about it now. This is getting out of hand.

Stupid corrupted religious leaders...

Merkat

Banned
Dec 22, 2000

<< They aren't corrupted. They are fanatics. >>

Fanatics????? Or, do they just believe &amp; then practice what they &quot;believe&quot;?

tigerwannabe

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2001
sounds like a sad &amp; repressive place; i'm glad i don't live there. hearing stuff like that makes me appreciate the U.S.A. more.

proud to be an american :)

tontod

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Looks like their intolerance of other religions is getting worse, it was the Buddha statues a few months ago which were priceless, now this.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Yup, that is disturbing. Much of the rest of the Muslim world is pretty extreme already, but none have gone as far as that. I think a major concern will be that other Muslim nations may try the same thing, in an exercise of religious one-upmanship.

Mikal

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2001
What's next? Kristalnacht? Or perhaps a little &quot;Wahnsee&quot; conference in Kabul?

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
This is why a complete separation of church and state is essential to religious liberty.