ebay woes

Raybdbomb

Nov 10, 2003
So I have an ebay item listing going, for 2x$50 itunes store gift cards, $46 each with buy it now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...me=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=010
(i'm not trying to promote, hear me out)

note the title of the listing
"$50 iTunes Store Gift Card - To confirmed&verified only"

So of course some dude with 0 reputation from Mexico buys one. In the invoice I send him this message:
Pay with Paypal, once payment received, I will send you the code.
Please, if you are not confirmed and verified, do not pay for this item.

So he sends me the payment, and SUURE enough,
Shipping Address: Unconfirmed
Payment From: ... Non-US - Unverified

A few minutes later he sends me this e-mail
Hi Ray:

I pay you for the itunes gift card and i don't have the code, could you confirm my
pay please.

See you

What should I do?

Raybdbomb

Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats
refund, relist, file unpaid item dispute. Choose unconfirmed address as reason

OK, thanks.

An Unpaid Item reminder cannot be sent for this transaction yet.

You cannot report an Unpaid Item dispute for this item until after Sep-11-2007.

meh.

by relist you mean edit back to quantity 2? Or is this an option that should be available after the Unpaid item dispute goes through? Quantity is set to 1 when I revise, and it's greyed out...

S Freud

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
You should be able to relist the item completely. As in, you are putting the item back up again, I don't know about changing the quantity.

Raybdbomb

Nov 10, 2003
ah, well maybe i'll wait until it finishes then. the reason i wanted to "change the quantity" is because it was 2 and is now 1. the buy it now is still going on, until tomorrow. i guess if i can't figure it out then, i'll check back :)

thanks!

Raybdbomb

Nov 10, 2003
hmm, it doesn't let me submit the form...

keeps bringing me back to
Report an Unpaid Item Dispute
Please enter your correct information in the highlighted fields below.

after i submit it...

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
PLEASE READ TERMS BELOW. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS US I-TUNES CARD. MAKE SURE YOU NEED A US CARD CODE BEFORE BUYING BECAUSE THERE IS NO REFUND. DUE TO RECENT FRAUD ACTIVITY EVERYTHING BELOW MUST BE MET OR THE BUY IS VOID!!! THIS IS FOR YOUR PROTECTION AS WELL AS MINE. PAYPAL ONLY (CONFIRMED AND VERIFIED ONLY) SEE MORE INFO BELOW. NO REFUNDS ONCE THE CODE IS ISSUED. YOU MUST HAVE A CONFIRMED ADDRESS AND YOUR EMAIL Address MUST BE VERIFIED WITH PAYPAL. I WILL SEND THE CODE VIA THE VERIFIED EMAIL ADDRESS LISTED WITH PAYPAL WITHIN 24 HOURS. COMPLETE TRANSACTIONS WILL BE GIVEN POSS FEEDBACK AFTER A 2 WEEK WAITING PERIOD TO ASSURE OF CHARGE BACKS. SORRY NO E-CHECKS THROUGH PAYPAL. ONLY TWO ITEMS PER PERSON PER 10 DAY PERIOD. IF YOU MAKE A PAYMENT AND ARE NOT CONFIRMED OR VERIFIED YOU WILL BE GIVEN THE OPTION TO CORRECT THE SITUATION OR GET A REFUND MINUS THE SELLER FEES I AM OUT ON EBAY. I WILL NOT REPORT THE ITEM AS UNPAID OR LEAVE NEG FEEDBACK IF IT WAS AN HONEST MISTAKE. I ONLY SELL TO BUYERS IN THE US.

CAPS LOCK FTL, seriously, how do you expect anyone to read that crap.

You must be filling something out wrong on that form.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: amdskip
PLEASE READ TERMS BELOW. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS US I-TUNES CARD. MAKE SURE YOU NEED A US CARD CODE BEFORE BUYING BECAUSE THERE IS NO REFUND. DUE TO RECENT FRAUD ACTIVITY EVERYTHING BELOW MUST BE MET OR THE BUY IS VOID!!! THIS IS FOR YOUR PROTECTION AS WELL AS MINE. PAYPAL ONLY (CONFIRMED AND VERIFIED ONLY) SEE MORE INFO BELOW. NO REFUNDS ONCE THE CODE IS ISSUED. YOU MUST HAVE A CONFIRMED ADDRESS AND YOUR EMAIL Address MUST BE VERIFIED WITH PAYPAL. I WILL SEND THE CODE VIA THE VERIFIED EMAIL ADDRESS LISTED WITH PAYPAL WITHIN 24 HOURS. COMPLETE TRANSACTIONS WILL BE GIVEN POSS FEEDBACK AFTER A 2 WEEK WAITING PERIOD TO ASSURE OF CHARGE BACKS. SORRY NO E-CHECKS THROUGH PAYPAL. ONLY TWO ITEMS PER PERSON PER 10 DAY PERIOD. IF YOU MAKE A PAYMENT AND ARE NOT CONFIRMED OR VERIFIED YOU WILL BE GIVEN THE OPTION TO CORRECT THE SITUATION OR GET A REFUND MINUS THE SELLER FEES I AM OUT ON EBAY. I WILL NOT REPORT THE ITEM AS UNPAID OR LEAVE NEG FEEDBACK IF IT WAS AN HONEST MISTAKE. I ONLY SELL TO BUYERS IN THE US.

CAPS LOCK FTL, seriously, how do you expect anyone to read that crap.

You must be filling something out wrong on that form.

Seriously. That is really annoying.

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Raybdbomb
So I have an ebay item listing going, for 2x$50 itunes store gift cards, $46 each with buy it now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...me=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=010
(i'm not trying to promote, hear me out)

note the title of the listing
"$50 iTunes Store Gift Card - To confirmed&verified only"

So of course some dude with 0 reputation from Mexico buys one. In the invoice I send him this message:
Pay with Paypal, once payment received, I will send you the code.
Please, if you are not confirmed and verified, do not pay for this item.

So he sends me the payment, and SUURE enough,
Shipping Address: Unconfirmed
Payment From: ... Non-US - Unverified

A few minutes later he sends me this e-mail
Hi Ray:

I pay you for the itunes gift card and i don't have the code, could you confirm my
pay please.

See you

What should I do?

Refund his money and tell him to read more carefully next time.

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Here is the tip for the future: next time you sell the gift cards don't just email the code but mail the physical card as well to protect yourself.

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Here's another tip. In your Paypal preferences, choose to reject payments from unconfirmed addresses.