Ebay: Used girlfriend...

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Ebay-Girlfriend3.jpg

Well, that backfired.

A man who listed his girlfriend for sale on eBay as a prank was shocked when the bids reached over $119,000 within 24 hours.

Dale Leeks, who lives in London, “wanted to have a laugh” so he thought it would be funny to list his girlfriend of one year, Kelly Greaves, on the auction site, CTV News reports.

He described her condition as “for parts or not working” and wrote that she “starts OK but after that there’s a constant whining noise that I can’t seem to stop. Bodywork is fairly tidy but close up shows signs of wear. No serious damage but you can see that she’s been used.

“Please [bear] in mind when bidding she’s 37 years old. Basically first thing in the morning she can be very temperamental, once warmed up the whining noise lessens but I would be lying if I said it goes away completely. The rear end leaks a bit but nothing that can’t be plugged.

“Any offers considered…would be interested in a part exchange with a younger model. Sold as seen, no returns.”

When Leeks showed the listing to Greaves, she went along with the prank, thinking no one would see it. But when the couple went to dinner that night, Leeks’ cell phone started “going crazy” with hundreds of bids and crude messages from interested parties around the world.

“I thought, ‘Oh no, what have I done?” Leeks told CTV News.

The ad was removed by eBay after 24 hours for violating the website’s policy against selling human body parts or remains, but not before being seen 81,000 times.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/m...-sale-on-ebay-is-shocked-when-bids-reach-119g

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
"...rear end leaks a bit, nothing that can't be plugged." Haha oh gawd. Give her a medal for patience.

I'd more likely expect him to wake up one morning, realize he can't move, look up...

Last edited:

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005
Not bad for 37, though mine is holding up a little better. Sorry, I know motion for ban incoming, as there will be no pics. Mine unfortunately does have the sense of humor to put her out there like this woman did.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Your wife. Is she uhhh into uhh, photography? Eh? Snap snap? Grin grin? Wink wink? Nudge nudge?

Reactions: paperfist

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
"Item had parts that were sharp and dangerous, especially the elbows. Returning as they do not meet our company's health and safety requirements".