ebay shafts the part time ebay seller once again

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Actually it would be +11.11...% :)

Plus another 3% to PayPal, so ~ +15% to cover the vig.

Just say no, and try FS/FT here instead.

Last edited:

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
ctually it would be +11.11...% :)

Plus another 3% to PayPal, so ~ +15% to cover the vig.

Just say no, and try FS/FT here instead

sometimes selling here can take too long. and i've also sell tons of clothing on ebay. I think the market for diesel jeans on this forum and my wife's coach purses are zero to none :awe:

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
how else can a piece of shit company with no ability to improve its service continue to increase profits to unreasonable levels for greedy investors?

oh, I see

god damnit, why can't google create an auction service.

Oct 25, 2006
how else can a piece of shit company with no ability to improve its service continue to increase profits to unreasonable levels for greedy investors?

oh, I see

Isn't that... Google?

Dun Dun dun....

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
I just sold an E4400 processor for about $13. I was hoping for $20 but I have no idea what it's really worth plus it's not sitting around collecting dust now.

Krazy4Real

Lifer
Oct 3, 2003
Yeah ebay and paypal fees are terrible. I usually try craigslist and FS/FT first. Ebay is only an absolute last resort.

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
I'm ready to sell my Canon SX40. Will probably try craigslist first, just to avoid the hassle and the fees. CL is just a different kind of hassle. :(

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002

oh, I see

I love Ebay, I buy shit on there all the time and get crazy good deals. I don't know what I'd do without Ebay, but I would be so sad if it vanished. There's nothing even close for buying shit online imho. The fee's for selling are a bit high, but I sold sold something on there in 5 minutes that probably would have never sold on Craigslist.

Last edited:

Pardus

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2000
haven't sold a thing on ebay in ages due to the ridiculous fees.
ebay is loaded with scammers selling fake products and purchasing items with stolen cc's. the seller gets shafted over and over. paypal doesn't care if you get ripped off.

For consumers who sell only a few items a year, eBay will offer 50 free listings per month. If the item sells, the company will take 10 percent of the sale price.
make that 15% with paypal and shipping costs.

how do sellers on ebay ship everything for free and make a profit. i bought two huge rolls of bubble wrap for $20 shipped, it would cost me that much to ship it if i was the seller.

Last edited:

tboo

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000
I am a frequent seller on eBay though not enough to warrant a store. My biggest problem the last year or so is deadbeat winners. If I have an auction that ends my guess is I have about a 25% chance of getting paid. I stopped doing auctions awhile back and went to buy-it-now but even then I get people who start the buy-it-now process but then never pay. So frustrating.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
If there was any other realistic option, I would be all over it. Craigslist is full of scammers and flakes even if you deal local. Amazon Marketplace doesn't really seem to have the same audience for used stuff.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
If there was any other realistic option, I would be all over it. Craigslist is full of scammers and flakes even if you deal local. Amazon Marketplace doesn't really seem to have the same audience for used stuff.

I have trouble selling electronics and clothing on craigslist. Usually low ball offers that are really low for electronics or scammers. The only thing I can really buy/sell is furniture or other house related goods (sold an old toilet and sink for example).

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/springupdate2013/springfeesimplification.html

If you don't have a store, you will be paying a flat 10% final value fee on all of your auctions. ugh. why do they keep trying to squeeze regular people who just want to sell their unwanted shit?

sometimes selling here can take too long. and i've also sell tons of clothing on ebay. I think the market for diesel jeans on this forum and my wife's coach purses are zero to none :awe:

There's a difference between selling shit to get rid of shit, and selling shit to make a profit.

If you're selling shit just to get rid of it, then you'd actually price it accordingly otherwise you won't bitch that it doesn't sell.

If you're selling shit to make a profit, you already have an ebay store and you won't be bitching about this change so much, now would you?

It's not rocket science.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
I'm done with ebay. Between the raised rates and the overhauled website, I'm just not a fan. Last time I listed something I couldn't even find the " best offer '' option which I've used alot in the past.. ended up selling items at a loss which isn't why I put stuff on ebay.

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
no one uses ebay here because there's a domestic auction site that is widly popular, ricardo. Max rate for successful sales is 5% (it's lower if it's more than 100 CHF) and no paypal.

Rakehellion

Lifer
Jan 15, 2013

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/springupdate2013/springfeesimplification.html

If you don't have a store, you will be paying a flat 10% final value fee on all of your auctions. ugh. why do they keep trying to squeeze regular people who just want to sell their unwanted shit?

Is this new for ebay.com? ebay.co.uk has been charging 10% FVF for a while. Its utter BS! A lot of people have taken to just selling/buying on forums instead (tech related stuff anyways).

Ebay is shooting itself in the foot with this crap because the stores are rarely ever cheaper than amazon and where would you rather buy, amazon or fleabay? Easy pick for me.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
That's pretty much what you've always paid, only now it will be easier to calculate instead of being under the umbrella of a recursively tiered pricing scheme.

I sold a subwoofer on ebay for $600 a few months back. it was $3.50 for the first $50, then 5% on the remainder = $33.50

under the new fees,
10% of $600 = $60
am i missing something? :colbert:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
The first couple years of ebay it was great. Now it just in the increase bottom line for stockholder crap mode and it kills what made it good for small/niche buyers and sellers.