Status
Not open for further replies.

edmundoab

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2003
www.facebook.com
Hi All,

I have been browsing the help site on ebay
and I could only block people with feedback of -1 and lower..but not zero feedback buyers

What I heard is that there is a setting, but I can't find it
Anyone could help?

This stuff I got on ebay needs to be monitored closely and I can't be on the PC all the time when some troll tries to place a bid, which I have to manually remove at any point in time

Old thread necro'd by noob apparently just to insult someone who posted 7 years ago.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Hi All,

I have been browsing the help site on ebay
and I could only block people with feedback of -1 and lower..but not zero feedback buyers

What I heard is that there is a setting, but I can't find it
Anyone could help?

This stuff I got on ebay needs to be monitored closely and I can't be on the PC all the time when some troll tries to place a bid, which I have to manually remove at any point in time

sounds to me like your an idiot!
There are quite a lot of people who bid for the first time and are honest and will not try to rip you off!!

edmundoab

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2003
www.facebook.com
There are quite a lot of people who bid for the first time and are honest and will not try to rip you off!!

dude, I have 334 feedbacks on ebay and i have dealt with more trolls than you can imagine
just recently I sold this item to a guy with zero feedback and have yet to get paid
item is sitting here for 2 weeks already, I have to file for non paying buyer and gotta wait like forever to have ebay credit the final value fee. Before relisting... i dont know by then if they will allow me to give a 2nd chance offer to the next nearest bidder
go figure

and... now, I am listing something even more expensive

No eBay links allowed

esquared
Anandtech Administrator

do you still think i want to take risk?

it cost me time and money to put stuff up on ebay
just look at the pricing and try to be in my shoes to understand before flaming me would ya?

Last edited by a moderator:

fire400

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2005
u need to obviously set a limit to how soon they must pay.

like 2 days?

24 hours?

immediated payment required?

edmundoab

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2003
www.facebook.com
u need to obviously set a limit to how soon they must pay.

like 2 days?

24 hours?

immediated payment required?

Generally if they are serious bidders, they would want the thing ASAP, I can even wait 5 business days before they prepare the funds. Its totally fine

Immediate payment required is applicable for "BUY IT NOW" items
But for auction, I don't see an option there

There is only an obligation section where i must ship within "x" amount of days from the time payment is received from the buyer

Mar 11, 2004
http://answercenter.ebay.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1000216098&mod=1271791598255

Doesn't look like you can other than prevent them from bidding on multiple items you have listed. The only other thing is you might be able to cancel their bid if you can't contact them or they're in a country you won't ship to or try to use a payment method other than what you've set.

Blocking only people with negative feedback is pointless now as sellers can't even leave negative anymore.

edmundoab

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2003
www.facebook.com
http://answercenter.ebay.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1000216098&mod=1271791598255

Doesn't look like you can other than prevent them from bidding on multiple items you have listed. The only other thing is you might be able to cancel their bid if you can't contact them or they're in a country you won't ship to or try to use a payment method other than what you've set.

Blocking only people with negative feedback is pointless now as sellers can't even leave negative anymore.

right, and its also pointless that I mention that zero feedback members cannot bid, because the system will allow them to anyway
and I have to manually cancel the bids if they do not ask for permission prior to bidding

in this case, the so called settings cannot be applied :(

In some cases, there could be claims that these zero feedback members are there to just jack up the prices for fun, and the serious bidders end up having to pay a little bit more than what its really worth
of course I have all to gain as a seller, but subjected to critism for not cancelling their bids

edmundoab

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2003
www.facebook.com
One thing I found out is that I could block bidders who have placed bids before
So that they will not continue to mess with the current and future auction listed by me.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
You don't gain much by blocking 0 feedback bidders. There's auctions created specifically to give positive feedback. You buy an item(an Ebook or something) for 50¢, and your given good feedback. That's the only reason those auctions are there. The item's worthless otherwise.

edmundoab

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2003
www.facebook.com
You don't gain much by blocking 0 feedback bidders. There's auctions created specifically to give positive feedback. You buy an item(an Ebook or something) for 50¢, and your given good feedback. That's the only reason those auctions are there. The item's worthless otherwise.

I understand that fact, but I've dealt so often with people that has nothing to lose with 0 feedbacks. I know everyone has to start from somewhere
But I always would give permission given a polite request to bid

unfortunately its always been abused. At least the buyer may think twice about ruining this feedback if he/she has already collected 2-3 positives..
Because you got to start all over again with a negative

and after filing a non paying buyer(and waiting for 2 weeks), all ebay does is log it into the buyer's profile. As a minor offense
I can't even leave him a negative!

edmundoab

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2003
www.facebook.com
okay I manage to file a non paying bidder, and ebay says that the tag has been strike off on that account,
but how on earth can future sellers be sure that this guy doesn't do nonsense again?

it doesn't state on his account that he is in the black list as an alert to sellers?

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
wow all these replies and not one answer.

yes, AFAIK, the setting is within the options when you are listing the individual items for sale. it's a checkbox that says "block bidders with feedback score of __ or lower". i can't remember if you can edit the setting or not. if it's negative or zero, you can block those n00bs.

edmundoab

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2003
www.facebook.com
wow all these replies and not one answer.

yes, AFAIK, the setting is within the options when you are listing the individual items for sale. it's a checkbox that says "block bidders with feedback score of __ or lower". i can't remember if you can edit the setting or not. if it's negative or zero, you can block those n00bs.

yes thats exactly, what I wanted to know if the settings are editable
because by default, its "block bidders with feedback score of __ or lower"
options are for -1,-2 and -3

but not "0", so the noobs and trolls can still terrorize the auction

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I have cleaned up the thread by removing posts not relevant to the topic asked by the OP.

Links to one's eBay auction are also removed.

esquared
Anandtech Administrator

edteach

Feb 26, 2016
And it sounds like your ignorant. If a seller has a good price on an item that is in competition with another seller, many times sellers will set up phantom accounts and bid high to take the item off the market making their item more desirable at a better price. I have had 0 feed back bidders target my auto parts time after time just to not pay. I now cancel zero feed back bids. Want a real account build on. Don't expect me to take a chance and waste time on you.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
And it sounds like your ignorant. If a seller has a good price on an item that is in competition with another seller, many times sellers will set up phantom accounts and bid high to take the item off the market making their item more desirable at a better price. I have had 0 feed back bidders target my auto parts time after time just to not pay. I now cancel zero feed back bids. Want a real account build on. Don't expect me to take a chance and waste time on you.

Serious question, since this seems to not be a bot account. What went through your head when you decided to post in this thread? After two posts on this forum did you decide to do a search for 'ebay' topics and see what you could respond to? Did you change the URL to go back 200-odd pages to find something to respond to? Search for all posts from JEDIYoda to take out frustrations on him?

I've *never* understood unintentional necros.

Status
Not open for further replies.