Ebay scammer - how to bust this guy before deal goes down?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
Originally posted by: markgm
Looks like a poor area, I can understand why he's scammin'!

Maybe we can send Vic Mackey over to his house to have a "talk" with him about ebay scamming.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Canai
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: markgm
Looks like a poor area, I can understand why he's scammin'!</end quote></div>

Maybe he dropped his last computer into the pool?

LOL, that is a pool, isn't it.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Shadovv Ngo: weird wait 5 minutes im on the phone w/ pp
Ben: ok, will do.
Ben: still get same error message
Shadovv Ngo: pretty weird
Shadovv Ngo: im done with paypal they said "they will do the best" geez
Ben: yeah
Ben: hmm, is there another way to send me the money?
Shadovv Ngo: yeah
Ben: maybe create your own PP account rather than use your sisters
Shadovv Ngo: actually
Shadovv Ngo: i have my own paypal
Ben: oh
Shadovv Ngo: but its limited. if u can wait me 5 minutes for me to confirmed my location then it will be restore
Ben: yeah, ok. I can wait.
Shadovv Ngo: ok done and sent...btw the name is Jedi not Jodi....while i was typing my wife messed it up lol
Ben: lol
Ben: ok, thanks. I will leave for fedex as soon as I finish eating lunch.
Shadovv Ngo: yeah

He is up to over $8000 now, using 4 stolen CC numbers.

Ig

Mar 29, 2001
http://www.ic3.gov/

They'll review the complaint and forward it to the appropriate people. It will still be up to individual agencies to decided whether or not to follow through and investigate but it may have a better chance if it's forwarded by IC3.

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
I told someone who wanted to mess with an overseas scammer that he was just wasting his time. In this instance, I think you're doing a good thing. You can actually help to get this guy busted, unlike some stranger in Nigeria. You can also save some people some hassle.

How many stolen credit cards can one guy have?

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: bamacre
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Canai

Maybe he dropped his last computer into the pool?</end quote></div>

LOL, that is a pool, isn't it.

It's not poor. It's probably middle class, maybe middle/lower. Lots of families in that area, predominantly vietnamese, maybe a few hispanic also. I'd guesstimate median home values in that area 3-450k?

markgm

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2001
Originally posted by: yowolabi
I told someone who wanted to mess with an overseas scammer that he was just wasting his time. In this instance, I think you're doing a good thing. You can actually help to get this guy busted, unlike some stranger in Nigeria. You can also save some people some hassle.

How many stolen credit cards can one guy have?

I've got 3 more.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Just talked to victim #4. She said she has not lost any CC's, her purse or anything. The perp used her paypal account, because she got an email while we were on the phone.

I recommended that she call PayPal, see what CC was used, and then call that CC company.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Ig
http://www.ic3.gov/

They'll review the complaint and forward it to the appropriate people. It will still be up to individual agencies to decided whether or not to follow through and investigate but it may have a better chance if it's forwarded by IC3.

Complaint filed, with a lot of information. :D

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Just talked to victim #4. She said she has not lost any CC's, her purse or anything. The perp used her paypal account, because she got an email while we were on the phone.

I recommended that she call PayPal, see what CC was used, and then call that CC company.

Don't know if they are stealing it off of her computer but hackers are figuring out how to put elaborate hacks on eBay nowadays..

Props to you for taking your time to help these people

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: dahunan
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bamacre

I recommended that she call PayPal, see what CC was used, and then call that CC company.</end quote></div>

Don't know if they are stealing it off of her computer but hackers are figuring out how to put elaborate hacks on eBay nowadays..

Props to you for taking your time to help these people

It is costing me a little bit in long distance calling, but other than that I'm not out anything other than the $7 listing fee with Ebay.

I'd like to see this guy busted. You'd think PayPal would have the cops at this guy's house by now. The dude is still online via Yahoo IM.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: NeuroSynapsis

LOL, that is a pool, isn't it.</end quote></div>

It's not poor. It's probably middle class, maybe middle/lower. Lots of families in that area, predominantly vietnamese, maybe a few hispanic also. I'd guesstimate median home values in that area 3-450k?

Just by looking at his name he might be Vietnamese.

I hope someone busts his ass, I have been a victim CC theft (from my mailbox actually) and it's not fun.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Dacalo
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: NeuroSynapsis

LOL, that is a pool, isn't it.</end quote></div>

It's not poor. It's probably middle class, maybe middle/lower. Lots of families in that area, predominantly vietnamese, maybe a few hispanic also. I'd guesstimate median home values in that area 3-450k?</end quote></div>

Just by looking at his name he might be Vietnamese.

I hope someone busts his ass, I have been a victim CC theft (from my mailbox actually) and it's not fun.

that's what I thought too, but the email address he's supplying sound more chinese. Who knows?

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
amazing that people still use ebay and paypal. The best thing you can do is to close your accounts.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
We are now up to victim #5, and a total attempted stolen amount of over $10,000.

I just got off the phone with the Westminster Police Department. They took down the address of the perp, and my info and are going to have someone call me back.

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: yowolabi

How many stolen credit cards can one guy have?</end quote></div>

I think they are stolen Paypal accounts, not just stolen CC's. technically, you steal a PP account you get whatever is along with it, CC's, Bank accounts, etc...unless he is creating paypal accounts with stolen CC's and somehow confirming them ...

I recommended that she call PayPal, see what CC was used, and then call that CC company.</end quote></div>

wow!! sounds like this guy is a phishing scammer.

btw bamacre, ebay will refund you're 7$ listing fee if you file a complaint saying he sent fraudulent funds...but im sure you know that. you ebay more then me for sure.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: biggestmuff
amazing that people still use ebay and paypal. The best thing you can do is to close your accounts.</end quote></div>

what do you suggest? haha

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
amazing that people still use ebay and paypal. The best thing you can do is to close your accounts.

:roll:

They keep me in business, where I work from home, and sometimes, in my underwear. :D

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
We are now up to victim #5, and a total attempted stolen amount of over $10,000.

I just got off the phone with the Westminster Police Department. They took down the address of the perp, and my info and are going to have someone call me back.

ooo, its getting juicy! lets hope they get someone over there.

try to log his IP too :p, just to add to it.